2015 QAFA (B) Central

Remove this Banner Ad

Best game of the year to be involved in. Woodsman are a class outfit with defenite structure and game style. The game was anyone's with the lead changing several times throughout the game.
Woodsman are a hard running physical side with skills to match.
We were lucky enough to have a big last quarter and in the end the scoreboard didn't show the real intensity of the game.
Pretty sure we will meet again and both teams have had a bit of a look at each other.
Good buch of bloke's and great sheds and oval. Hard game cold beers and food after the game. What more do you want from your Friday nite.

Red backs can def beat Kedron next week I think, Sandgate v Mayne was a solid contest, pretty scrappy as the ground was pretty wet a lot of contested footy. Mayne seemed to have few of there ressies playing and really took it to Sandgate. Mayne have really improved as the season has gone on. Number 1 & 7 for Sandgate are lightning quick and they carved the wings up, was like watching Road Runner and Speedy Gonalez on either side of the ground. Sandgate looked to be a totally different side from Woodsmen game last weekend. So must of had a few unavailable for whatever reason. Maybe down at Splendour with some of your mob Thommo ha ha

Best game of the year to be involved in. Woodsman are a class outfit with defenite structure and game style. The game was anyone's with the lead changing several times throughout the game.
Woodsman are a hard running physical side with skills to match.
We were lucky enough to have a big last quarter and in the end the scoreboard didn't show the real intensity of the game.
Pretty sure we will meet again and both teams have had a bit of a look at each other.
Good buch of bloke's and great sheds and oval. Hard game cold beers and food after the game. What more do you want from your Friday nite.

Apologies for my previous "post" it's too early on a Saturday!! :rolleyes:

Great game last night at Sherwood. Kedron well structured and well drilled. But in saying that, I don't think that the premierships decided just yet.

I think it could go any way in the finals. Add to that Jimboomba and possibly Zillmere and there's 4 sides who are in it.

And a comment from an ex Woodsmen premiership player back visiting last night after a few years in Vic. "Geez, hasn't this comp improved?"

Red backs can def beat Kedron next week I think, Sandgate v Mayne was a solid contest, pretty scrappy as the ground was pretty wet a lot of contested footy. Mayne seemed to have few of there ressies playing and really took it to Sandgate. Mayne have really improved as the season has gone on. Number 1 & 7 for Sandgate are lightning quick and they carved the wings up, was like watching Road Runner and Speedy Gonalez on either side of the ground. Sandgate looked to be a totally different side from Woodsmen game last weekend. So must of had a few unavailable for whatever reason. Maybe down at Splendour with some of your mob Thommo ha ha

Can confirm there were zero of mayne's reservers playing last night. Had a chat with a couple of the fellas and they were saying that there are still a couple injuries in the senior squad with name like Faulkner and Housego still out with injuries. Ultimately that had led to more spots available in the ressies for players who should be playing 3rds or colts. They also said that with the big game against maroochydore today for the seniors and reserves that dropping players back would have never been an option.

Can confirm there were zero of mayne's reservers playing last night. Had a chat with a couple of the fellas and they were saying that there are still a couple injuries in the senior squad with name like Faulkner and Housego still out with injuries. Ultimately that had led to more spots available in the ressies for players who should be playing 3rds or colts. They also said that with the big game against maroochydore today for the seniors and reserves that dropping players back would have never been an option.
Agree...Mayne had no regular reserves playing had a couple on permit from pine rivers ressies and our full forward for the night played in the Toowoomba comp used to play for Mayne a few years back and was in brisbrane for the weekend so we roped him in...Mayne were struggling for numbers big time even I had a run !!!

#guise38punches
Sorry my mistake too many Scooby snacks before the game.
Give the kid credit it was 3 jumper howdy do's supporting his team mate. At the end of the day if their one player from both sides who could walk to the shop today to read about carltons flogging then they sat on the pine all game. Great game played the way footy is ment to be played

Well we usually put on free snags after the game mate, but some moron forgot to pick them up.

Given your rooms wouldn't open either, you didn't get the full Woodies hospitality I'm afraid!
Got to have a beer with my old mate after the game. That will do me.

Maybe...... maybe not.... I saw a team that was beatable last night. But you'll have to be at you best to do it.
Who is the team to beat them in your eyes? Everyone has had a chop at them now. I'm sure they'll have their best for the finals. Who wouldn't make themselves available for finals footy?

No disrespect to other teams, but from what I've seen, they are head and shoulders above the rest. Good on them, hope they do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is the team to beat them in your eyes? Everyone has had a chop at them now. I'm sure they'll have their best for the finals. Who wouldn't make themselves available for finals footy?

No disrespect to other teams, but from what I've seen, they are head and shoulders above the rest. Good on them, hope they do it.

Apparently they were missing a few. Give them the medals now?

We had our first crack at them last night and were in front with 15 minutes left. Credit to them for finishing strongly, but given we started the match with 21 and lost our skipper in the first minute of play i think we were always going to run out of legs.

Not to mention the blokes we had missing for various reasons, resulting in needing permit players from 2 other clubs to get us to 21.

No doubt Kedron were missing a few too, but I'm confident we can beat them and without trying to be a smart arse, I'd suggest the Redbacks still end their run as soon as next week.

Footyfan16player: 39799050 said:
Of course I apologize if I am wrong and am taking away the acknowledgment of an extremely gutsy win by the week in week out Kenmore side
We had one player who has played senior footy this year, who needed an extra game as he has only played one game (which was in 3rd) in last 4 weeks and 3 reserves players 2 of which are regular players in the 3rds team at times.

We had one player who has played senior footy this year, who needed an extra game as he has only played one game (which was in 3rd) in last 4 weeks and 3 reserves players 2 of which are regular players in the 3rds team at times.
Feel free to correct me but one look at the list and you'll see it was 85% regular 3rds. Only difference was yeronga stopped running at half time, we always run our games out

kedron v zillmere GF from what I've seen with zillmere to win

Jake de winter, Mitch Mullen, Dean Wayne, Nick Lennon all played and according to sporting pulse have played senior games this year.. Shane Mills, Patrick Gurry, Thomas Mallet all also playing either more or equally as many reserves games as 3rds game. I've obviously left out the two guys that have played reserves but appear to have played more in the 3rds because I presume those two are the guys you were referring to as the regular 3rds so that brings the total to 4 guys that have played senior footy this year (you said you had one) and 5 guys that have played reserves with the exception of two who are 3rds regulars bringing the total reserves back to three. So you are telling me 7 players only make up 15 percent of a 22 man side?.. I'm sure you said 85 percent were regulars.

There's no rules against it but be honest about it atleast

Plenty can happen between now and GF Day gents.

We've lost 6 guys to season ending injuries, heres hoping we don't lose anymore - but it can happen to anyone.

In this comp, a few sides have some serious top end talent and more than in other comps, when they are out for any reason a lot can change.

I mean, imagine if i got injured? Not sure we would bother showing up... ha!

:p

Jake de winter, Mitch Mullen, Dean Wayne, Nick Lennon all played and according to sporting pulse have played senior games this year.. Shane Mills, Patrick Gurry, Thomas Mallet all also playing either more or equally as many reserves games as 3rds game. I've obviously left out the two guys that have played reserves but appear to have played more in the 3rds because I presume those two are the guys you were referring to as the regular 3rds so that brings the total to 4 guys that have played senior footy this year (you said you had one) and 5 guys that have played reserves with the exception of two who are 3rds regulars bringing the total reserves back to three. So you are telling me 7 players only make up 15 percent of a 22 man side?.. I'm sure you said 85 percent were regulars.

There's no rules against it but be honest about it atleast
Lennon didnt play, he was on the list from the round 4 list as this game was obviously rained out, tom mallett didn't play either. Mullen had a bad mouth knock with split teeth and hasn't played in months. 85 % are regular 3rds. 18 of the 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back