2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

2 talls, 2 mediums and a rotation of small fwd/mids etc Dahlhaus, Stevens, Bonti, Hunter, McLean, Honeychurch.

Just don't think Boyd and Campbell can play deep together, Boyd and Redpath perhaps can but I'd rather see Boyd complimented by a Hamling or Roberts as a lead up CHF then Stringer and Crameri run amok around them.
Could be right but this virtually means no second ruck??? Will be a long season for Willy again if we go with that tactic.

FB- Picken, Roughy, Morris
HB- Biggs, Roberts, Murphy
C- Bonti, Macrae, Hrovat
HF- Dahl, Redpath, T. McLean
FF- Crameri, Boyd, Stringer
OB- Minson, Libba, Wallis

INT- Hunter, Stevens, C. Smith (if fit if not M. Boyd)
sub- JJ

Anyone else concerned that Sydney lost Malceski but let Biggs go, while a lot of us have Biggs as best 22?

Anyone else concerned that Sydney lost Malceski but let Biggs go, while a lot of us have Biggs as best 22?

Yep - a real head scratcher and don't agree with people who automatically rate him that way.

But who knows it may well happen as he would be a similar player to darley who played a bit last year

Not really.

Here's Sydney....
And here we are down here.

Not hard to draw the parallel that a guy who managed to get games at a top team, a fringe player, would get games at a team lower placed. Especially in a position in which they have a need.

Going to have a play with this from a developmental standpoint with ball use and speed out of the back half a priority. Going with tall wing options too. Roughy to help out in the ruck while he and Roberts can swing forward and back. Bonts, Grant, Dahl, Hrovat, Crameri and Stringer can rotate through the mid and forward while Jong, Hunter, Picken and Darley can play in the midfield and backline as needed.

B: Hunter Talia Morris
HB: Darley Roberts Murphy
C: Macrae Bontempelli Grant
HF: Dahlhaus Roughead Crameri
F: Stringer Boyd Honeychurch
Foll: Minson Libba Wallis
Int: Jong Hrovat Picken
Sub: Biggs

Stiff to miss: M.Boyd, Stevens, JJ, Wood, Campbell.

Going to have a play with this from a developmental standpoint with ball use and speed out of the back half a priority. Going with tall wing options too. Roughy to help out in the ruck while he and Roberts can swing forward and back. Bonts, Grant, Dahl, Hrovat, Crameri and Stringer can rotate through the mid and forward while Jong, Hunter, Picken and Darley can play in the midfield and backline as needed.

Im going to spew at the players replacing the experience and proven players that are (stiff to miss)

Like your work Cori,

B: Picken Roberts Morris
HB: Darley Talia Murphy
C: Macrae Bontempelli Daniel
Int: Jong Hrovat Hunter

Im going to spew at the players replacing the experience and proven players that are (stiff to miss)
I'd likely have Wood in over Grant on the wing (but I'm optimistic that Grant will finally find some form with yet another coach change in his career. I think he could really make it as a creative winger that can push forward).

I can't see players like JJ, Matty Boyd and even Picken getting much game time in the next few years unless they somehow develop some versatility and clean up their disposal and decision making. I imagine Boyd will play 10 or so games and JJ and Picks will be phased out as players like Darley and Biggs get more games under their belt and develop a harder edge to their play style. Campbell will have pry Minson's number 1 ruck spot from his dead hands by the look of things. Can't see him and Tom Boyd in the same forward line. Roughy compliments him much better with his endurance and mobility.

I reckon Hamling might be a solid chance to debut round 1
Third tall defender or forward as long as he doesn't match up against a Redpath type player

Only players with good solid disposal and decision making skills!
B: xxx xxx xxx
HB: Murphy xxx xxx
C: xxx Bonti Hunter
HF: xxx xxx Daniels
FF: Stringer xxx xxx
CS: xxx Libba xxx
Unlucky to miss out due to injury: Prudden
Too undeveloped: McLean, dale, Webb, Hamilton

Before bagging this team, add to it the players you think fit the criteria listed.

Only players with good solid disposal and decision making skills!
C: xxx Bonti Hunter
HF: xxx xxx Daniels
CS: xxx Libba xxx
Unlucky to miss out due to injury: Prudden
Too undeveloped: McLean, dale, Webb, Hamilton

Before bagging this team, add to it the players you think fit the criteria listed.
Who's Daniels???

And no Macrae or hrovat?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who's Daniels???
Spelling mistake?
And no Macrae or hrovat?
C: Macrae Bonti Hunter
HF: xxx xxx Daniel
CS: xxx Libba Hrovat

Added Macrae & Hrovat. But we still have issues.

I'd slot Roberts into that team, but he could fall into the undeveloped category.

i would be inclined to play clay smith as the sub from the middle of 2015 onwards . give him a light season and get him 100 % Cherry Ripe for 2016

i would be inclined to play clay smith as the sub from the middle of 2015 onwards . give him a light season and get him 100 % Cherry Ripe for 2016
I like it. Could you ask for a better player to bring on for a quarter or so? Would be going at 110% the whole time, cause some serious damage to the opposition, probably kick a couple of goals and absolutely spark the rest of the guys around him. If he can stay injury free he will definitely be back in the first few picked by the end of the season IMO so excited to watch him play again!

Picken Morris Biggs
Darley Roberts Murphy
McRae Libba JJ
Crameri Grant Dahl
Stringer Boyd Hunter
Minson Bonts Wallis

Talia Boyd Stevens Z.Cordy

Team lacks speed still but that's what we have at moment.

I know this will get me abused again but if use Grant as second ruck to give Mini rests, he can jump and has elite speed for his size. It's his last chance and I think he will step up next year. All our other options are too slow and be one a liability in the team as they can't hold down a position and end up warming bench. A second ruck needs to be able to play somewhere else as Leigh Brown did at the pies.

To preface that comment I don't want Grant in the ruck I just see him as the best option with the list we have at the moment

Ball users off half back and back pockets as Bevo wants.

No room for Rough in my team, ijust struggle to see what position he will tie down at the moment

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back