INT: Shane Biggs, Marcus Bontempelli, Lin Jong, Liam Picken

B: Easton Wood, Jordan Roughead, Mark Austin

HB: Jason Johannisen, Dale Morris, Robert Murphy

C: Jackson Macrae, Matthew Boyd, Nathan Hrovat

HF: Stewart Crameri, Jake Stringer, Kobe Stevens

F: Lachie Hunter, Tom Boyd, Luke Dahlhaus

R: Will Minson, Tom Liberatore, Mitch Wallis

INT: Shane Biggs, Marcus Bontempelli, Lin Jong, Liam Picken
You won't make many friends here putting Austin in the side. ;)

In all seriousness though, very decent effort.

You won't make many friends here putting Austin in the side. ;)

In all seriousness though, very decent effort.

haha well it was either Austin or Talia for that third tall spot. Certainly debatable though. :p

Hopefully Talia can put in a solid pre-season and force his way into the Bulldogs team.

haha well it was either Austin or Talia for that third tall spot. Certainly debatable though. :p

Hopefully Talia can put in a solid pre-season and force his way into the Bulldogs team.
Haha, we're certainly hoping he can too. Somebody on here with good info seems to think that he won't be offered a contract for next season so we're obviously confident that one of Talia, Roberts, or Cordy Jr can step up.

I don't think many of us have much of an idea who our CHB will be to be honest.

Crameri will get rubbed out for part of the season at least, and IMO we need another big man to take the heat off Boyd in only his second season. Up here in Sydney, I've seen a bit of Boyd play, and mobility isn't his strong suit.
Boyd was overweight this year, something like 108kg. Apparently he will trim down for the coming season, so mobility should improve :)

Forward line

Crameri will get rubbed out for part of the season at least, and IMO we need another big man to take the heat off Boyd in only his second season. Up here in Sydney, I've seen a bit of Boyd play, and mobility isn't his strong suit.

Who might that be?

Options include Campbell (another first ruck, lacks mobility), Redpath, A. Cordy (tall, highly mobile ruck/forward would be be perfect if only he could he play) or Roughead (wasn't flash when he played forward, but then again, he's not a flash FB either).

Looks like it would be Redpath or Roughead then, but hardly ideal.

So a forward line without Crameri might look like this:

Hunter Redpath/Roughead Grant
Dalhaus Boyd Stringer

Obviously various mids could rotate through tree too, e.g. Bonts, the Rat and Stevens.
The fact that our forwardline looks a lot weaker without him goes to show it was a good idea to get Crameri.

B: Morris roughead Picken
HB: Murphy Talia Wood
C: JJ Wallis Macrae
HF: Dalhaus Roberts Crameri
FF: Stringer Boyd Hunter
R: Minson liberatore bontempelli
I/C: Stevens, Hrovat, Boyd, Campbell

I just hope we structure the team up with 3 defensive talls, and 2 KP forwards and a genuine ruck/forward to give Will a chop out and provide the ability to load up tall at differnt times in a game. I don't want to see Tom Boyd in the ruck!

So it could be Talia and Roberts hold down the KP back posts with Roughy going to CHF and becoming the ruck chop out. See what the new coach would do I guess.

Jong could easily be in this team. Biggs also looks a genuine prospect for us, but this team is ridiculously young and we need Picken and Matty Boyd in there for large chunks of the year.

B: Morris roughead Picken
C: JJ Wallis Macrae
HF: Dalhaus Roberts Crameri
R: Minson liberatore bontempelli
I/C: Stevens, Hrovat, Boyd, Campbell

I just hope we structure the team up with 3 defensive talls, and 2 KP forwards and a genuine ruck/forward to give Will a chop out and provide the ability to load up tall at differnt times in a game. I don't want to see Tom Boyd in the ruck!

So it could be Talia and Roberts hold down the KP back posts with Roughy going to CHF and becoming the ruck chop out. See what the new coach would do I guess.

Jong could easily be in this team. Biggs also looks a genuine prospect for us, but this team is ridiculously young and we need Picken and Matty Boyd in there for large chunks of the year.
I'd go with almost exactly this.

However I'd have Crameri out (ASADA suspension) with Dickson or Grant in.

If everyone is fit I can't see how Matthew Boyd fits into the team. Jong, Hrovat, Honeychurch, Stevens etc... Just so many blokes that can rotate through the centre but also offer up something when resting forward. I reckon it's feasible Boyd doesn't play a game in 2015.

If everyone is fit I can't see how Matthew Boyd fits into the team. Jong, Hrovat, Honeychurch, Stevens etc... Just so many blokes that can rotate through the centre but also offer up something when resting forward. I reckon it's feasible Boyd doesn't play a game in 2015.

On pure talent M.Boyd isn't best 22 but footy is about more than talent - we will need his bigger body and experience for some of the year in my view.

Hoever, nothing would please me more than to see M.Boyd play all year for Footscray (and I don't mean any disrespect to Matty in saying that.) If Matt plays mostly at Footscray, we are probably having a pretty good year with our young mids taking their games to the next level.

On pure talent M.Boyd isn't best 22 but footy is about more than talent - we will need his bigger body and experience for some of the year in my view.

Hoever, nothing would please me more than to see M.Boyd play all year for Footscray (and I don't mean any disrespect to Matty in saying that.) If Matt plays mostly at Footscray, we are probably having a pretty good year with our young mids taking their games to the next level.
I can almost guarantee that throughout all 22 games, we will have atleast one Boyd playing at AFL level. So we will all be getting our Boyd fix.
Most games played by Tom I would think.
Matty will probably get similar amount of games that cross got in his last year with us before going to demons.
We will need a experienced player in each area of the ground.
Morris or Murphy in backline. Minson or Boyd in middle. Crameri or Murphy in forward line. If crameri is suspended, I expect Murphy in forward line

With Cooney, Griff and even Higgins gone we'll need Boyd's experience, especially if he's not captain and we have a first-time captain that he can give support to. Because of that reason, even if he's not quite as good as a footy player, his role is more secure next year than this year.

Be interesting to see how side looks on paper with the list changes with currenty have.

B: Picken Roughead Morris

C: Macrae Wallis Johannisen

HF: Bontempeli Crameri Dahlhaus

Followers: Minson
Libba
Hrovat

Inter: Campbell
Stevens
Fletcher-Roberts
Grant

Our Forward like now looks so strong- 4/5 X Factor players.....very dangerous....Our Backline needs more depth.......No Spot for Matty Boyd....
Was looking how i could fault this and i couldn't. i do think Honeychurch will improve to get a bench spot and believe once fit Smith is in the best 22.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Morris Roughead Picken
Biggs Talia/Roberts/Austin? Murphy

Bontempelli Liberatore Macrae

Crameri Stringer Hrovat
Dahlhaus Boyd Dickson

Minson Boyd Wallis

Stevens Wood Johannisen
Honeychurch/Hunter

EMG: Campbell Hunter/Honeychurch Grant
Roughead to relief ruck, with Morris playing tall when Minson's off and Wood adopting Morris' role. Smith to take Boyd's spot when he comes back. Campbell to take Minson's spot by the end of the year (here's hoping).

Others: Jong, Grant, Darley, Fuller, Cordy, Prudden, Pearce.

Ridiculously slow but young and talented.
Ohhh wash your pen with soap young man and never speak his name again, for the life of me why is he still on the list.

Murphy/Roberts/Morris
Johannisen/Talia/Wood
Bontempelli/Wallis/Macrae
Stringer/Roughead/Crameri
Hunter/Boyd/Dahlhaus
Minson/Liberatore/Hrovat
Interchange: Stevens/Picken/Campbell/Honeychurch.
Emergencies Grant/Dickson/Honeychurch/M-Boyd
Coach: Leigh Tudor
Assistant Coach: Mark Williams

B: Picken Roughead Morris

C: Macrae Wallis Johannisen

HF: Stringer Crameri Hunter

FF: Dahlhaus Boyd Dickson

R: Minson Libba Boyd

Int: Roberts Hrovat Bontempelli Stevens

Emg: Biggs Jong Campbell Darley Honeychurch Grant Cordy x2 etc.

Only reason Bontempelli is on the bench is because I couldn't decide where to put him whatsoever.

That was bloody hard. It was hard to decide for that last spot. Also wouldn't be surprised if any of Boyd/Hunter/Hrovat/Stevens/Biggs/Jong/Honey/Darley all swapped in and out, plus a few others able to push in.
Fowardline instead of Dickson....

I really want roughie to go forward. But unless we can find another key defender that can come in and play straight away, I'm petrified about our defence. Roberts, Talia and Morris is ok, but I'm not sure I see a match up for really big guys like cloke, hawkins etc.

I'd be tempted to throw Roberts and Talia in at the deep end and see who can swim.

Are there any delisted free agents that might be of interest?

I want to see our full list before penciling a round 1 team, but roughie going forward to paid with Boyd is something I'm keen on.

Backline of
Picken, Roughead, Biggs
Morris, Talia, Wood

Midfield
Minson, Libba, Wallis
Macrae, Bonts, Jong

Interchange of Murphy, Boyd, Campbell, Stevens.
Murphy will play a variety of roles. I reckon he will spend 50 percent in forward like and 50 percent ok back line.
Stevens will also play everywhere.
Minson will need a chop out so Campbell gets. Spot.
Also Boyd won't be a lock next year

Morris Talia Wood
Darley Roberts. Biggs
JJ Libba. McRae
Murphy. Stringer. Grant
Crameri Boyd. Dahl
Minson. Bonts. Stevens

Rough Wallis Hunter Sub MBoyd

Ohhh wash your pen with soap young man and never speak his name again, for the life of me why is he still on the list.
I don't want him there either, but the call is line ball. We haven't seen enough of Roberts or Talia at AFL level to know whether they'll be able to hold down the #2 forward consistently. New coach might continue to develop them at Footscray.

FWIW, though, I'd play Talia there.

Morris -------- Talia -------- Wood
Biggs ------- Roberts ------ Murphy
Hrovat ------ Wallis --------- Bontempelli
Dahlhaus --- Crameri ------ JJ
Stringer ------ Boyd -------- Grant
Minson -------- Libba ----- Macrae

Roughead (genuinely don't know where to put him)
Boyd
Hunter
Picken
(Stevens)

God that's a young midfield, take away Boyd and Picken and it's VERY young. The two most interesting players to watch next year for me are..

1) Rough. He was so bad towards the end of the year, had so many goals kicked on him. I know he's in our best team, but I just don't know where.

2) Macrae. I think he'll probably go backwards next year. He will get tagged like he's never been tagged before. Hoping he can work through it and still kill it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back