2015 Round 1 Line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Crameri in for mine. Just makes it all so ******* annoying that he had to miss out on normal preseason prep because of this bullshit and now he's free to play anyway. Surely the players should be allowed to play in a ******* practice match until they're proven guilty.

Annnnyway, super excited to see how the Boyd, Redpath, Crameri and Stringer setup goes. Really wanted Cordy in but not sure where that leaves him to be honest, especially considering Grant and Dicko probably deserve a game too. So keen to see how Bev goes about this. Hamling/Talia is a very tough one too. Roberts playing good on the weekend and will probably continue to play good just makes things even more interesting, finally we've got pressure on our KPP and that is a ******* fantastic thing. We've got pressure everywhere really, want to fit in the likes of Koby, Hrovat, Honey and soon Hunter but its just difficult. Would like Hrovat and Honey in round 1 somewhere though.

Crameri in for mine. Just makes it all so ******* annoying that he had to miss out on normal preseason prep because of this bullshit and now he's free to play anyway. Surely the players should be allowed to play in a ******* practice match until they're proven guilty.

Annnnyway, super excited to see how the Boyd, Redpath, Crameri and Stringer setup goes. Really wanted Cordy in but not sure where that leaves him to be honest, especially considering Grant and Dicko probably deserve a game too. So keen to see how Bev goes about this. Hamling/Talia is a very tough one too. Roberts playing good on the weekend and will probably continue to play good just makes things even more interesting, finally we've got pressure on our KPP and that is a ******* fantastic thing. We've got pressure everywhere really, want to fit in the likes of Koby, Hrovat, Honey and soon Hunter but its just difficult. Would like Hrovat and Honey in round 1 somewhere though.
Intersted in your final 22 doggies.

here's mine:

Wood Rough Murph
Morris Talia Boyd
Grant Wallis Macrae
Dahlhaus Redpath Dickson
Stringer Boyd Crameri
Minson Bonts Jong

Cordy Honey Goodes JJ

That means no Hrovat, Hunter, Stevens Campbell or draftees. Hrovat the closest to pushing out one of JJ, Grant, Goodes or Cordy

here's mine:

Wood Rough Murph
Morris Talia Boyd
Grant Wallis Macrae
Dahlhaus Redpath Dickson
Stringer Boyd Crameri
Minson Bonts Jong

Cordy Honey Goodes JJ

That means no Hrovat, Hunter, Stevens Campbell or draftees. Hrovat the closest to pushing out one of JJ, Grant, Goodes or Cordy
And no hamling

here's mine:

Wood Rough Murph
Morris Talia Boyd
Grant Wallis Macrae
Dahlhaus Redpath Dickson
Stringer Boyd Crameri
Minson Bonts Jong

Cordy Honey Goodes JJ

Nice one, love it. Would be very very tempted to swap Hrovat with Goodes but considering his preseason can't hurt to let Rat play some more VFL. Still a bit skeptical on Goodes at AFL level but he could add a lot in the midfield so would like to give him a couple of weeks at least.

Crammers will be in for sure. Beast.

Wood - Roughead - Morris
Picken - Talia - Murphy
Macrae - Wallis - Grant
Dahlhaus - Redpath - Crameri
Stringer - T Boyd - Dickson
Minson - Bontempelli - M Boyd

Honeychurch - Goodes - Cordy
Jong

Edit: Temporary forgotten-Picken syndrome.

Last edited:
Crammers will be in for sure. Beast.

Wood - Roughead - Morris
M Boyd - Talia - Murphy
Macrae - Wallis - Grant
Dahlhaus - Redpath - Crameri
Stringer - T Boyd - Dickson
Minson - Bontempelli - Jong

Honeychurch - Goodes - Cordy
JJ

Hrovat in for JJ if he's fit. Wanted Hamling in, and suspect he will play, but couldn't find room.

Picken?? Hes often the forgotten man in these sides!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always come across to opposition boards before a game (with the exception of carlton and now essendon).

We have serious shortcoming in our tall defence and wondering what you guys might be throwing forward this game

Both Brown and Schofield from our end are "uninjured" but I think only Brown is match fit.

Be interesting to see who you guys name and whether we need three tall defenders or not

Crameri/Boyd/ Resting Ruck?

Always come across to opposition boards before a game (with the exception of carlton and now essendon).

We have serious shortcoming in our tall defence and wondering what you guys might be throwing forward this game

Both Brown and Schofield from our end are "uninjured" but I think only Brown is match fit.

Be interesting to see who you guys name and whether we need three tall defenders or not

Like Testekill noted its very likely we could have Crameri, Boyd, Redpath and Stringer down there at the one time. Possibly even Cordy and Bontempelli will definitely rest there at times too so it looks like we might try to stretch your undermanned defense. Which is pretty ******* weird as its usually the opposite!!!

Going to name my final team with an extended bench because with crameri now in the frame its all just getting to hard.

FB: Wood, Roughead, Morris
HB: Murphy, Talia, M.Boyd
C: Grant, Wallis, Macrae
HF: Crameri, Redpath, Dahlhaus
FF: Picken, T.Boyd, Stringer
R: Minson, Bontempelli, Jong
Int: Goodes, Hrovat, Grant, Honeychurch, Cordy, Hamling, Daniel

I hooe Cordy doesn't get a a game it throws the balance of the side out now its back to 3 on the bench. Boyd, Redpath, Crameri, Stringer and Cordy is too tall, i would rather see Grant given a go to add some versatility.

How do people see Crammers year going? I can see him kicking 40 +, in a forward line alongside Boyd, Redpath and Stringer he's going to be getting the 3rd defender at the most and even then theres a good case to play them on Stringer. With our better ball movement and a lesser defender its going to feel like playing in Hawthorns forward line for him when compared to what he copped last year. He's in for a big one (although to be fair if you ask me, everyones in for a big one!)

Boyd FF, Redpath CHF, Cordy 3rd/resting ruck, Stringer/Crameri 4th forward/rotate through mids, and then Bontempelli rests up forward and is a genuine target at 193cm or whatever he is.

Boyd won't dominate just yet but is solid for a goal a game and having, structually, take the most important defender and simply his size (200cm and over 100kg) means that you can put him in the goalsquare and structure a forward line around him.

Redpath plays taller than his height (194cm), good straight line speed, likes to take contested marks and crash into people, and a pretty good kick for goal. Interesting player, never played TAC Cup, drafted from the Bendigo local league after two knee reco's as a mature aged player, two very indifferent years on the rookie list including playing large parts in defence in 2012 and 2013, but then shone last year, was Footscray's leading goalkicker, was leading the VFL goalkicking until he got promoted and played two AFL games. Apparently has had a ripper preseason on the track and has backed that up in the NAB, took half a dozen very good contested marks in the last NAB game. Weaknesses are that he's a bit short for a key forward, and has quite poor agility, as well as inexperience.

Cordy's being a much mangled player, is actually an interesting selection. Less pressure on him being the 3rd tall after Boyd and Redpath rather than a lot of games where he's played as a main target will mean he'll fly under the radar, his height (204cm) will stretch the defence, he's pretty mobile and agile for his height, doesn't have a build so can get knocked around and can't really take an overhead mark because of his shoulders. Had bung shoulders before he got drafted, and been perennially injured since but interestingly he's had over 18 months without an injury, and as a player who could hardly go through a pre-season or season without injuries, having two consecutive pre-seasons without injury and a whole season without missing a game in either the reserves or seniors will do wonders for his confidence. He divides opinion and it's very hard to predict how he'll go.

Stringer and Crameri (if he plays, and if he plays a full game, because of match fitness issues etc.) are sort of hard to predict. They'll play midfield, up on the half-forward and wings, but also as genuine targets. But both can at times be played in the square. Stringer isn't a great contested mark but for his height (192cm) is very light on his feet, very agile and can take an overhead mark. Not many forward players are as good as him that are over 190cm tall when the ball hits the ground. Look at some of his goal highlights last year to see how he moves in between players and all that. Crameri will be more like Crameri of Essendon, he'll provide back-and-forth gut running, beat his man if he's left one-out and will be that all-around "medium forward type player"

Bontempelli will play about a quarter of his time on the ground in the forward line. Seeing as he's likely to be the player tagged in the midfield, chances are he'll outmark whatever midfielder four inches shorter than him in the forward line. Not much you can do about that when he's there despite being over 190cm he'll still only be the third or fourth tallest player there.

It's also worth noting Jarrad Grant, who has the height of a key forward (193cm) but doesn't play like one. He might get a go up near the square but he'll play most of the game as a high half-forward, pushing up the wings and providing a target and lead up running up through the flanks. Dickson (184cm) will play a similar role up the flanks and wings, but also has the ability to play closer to goal, as shown by the fact he's kicked a 6 goal haul.

Honeychurch, Dahlhaus are the small forwards who will also play midfield, with likely one resting mid also being thrown up there.
Hrovat could also get picked and can play a small forward role.

My guess at the team that is going to be selected

FB: Hamling Roughead Morris
HB: Murphy Talia Boyd
C: Macrae Wallis Bontempelli
HF: Crameri Redpath Dickson
FF: Stringer Boyd Cordy
R: Minson Jong Dahlhaus
INT: Wood, Picken, Grant, (Honeychurch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back