2015 Royal Rumble

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually Orton was working the Evolution vs Shield storyline at the time which was far superior and outshone anything Bryan did during that same period.

I don't feel I'm hypocritical if I only judge wrestlers on what I see on TV, and there is no denying Bryan's title reign was terrible and if he was to have another title reign it would be more authority crap. Make any excuses you want if it keeps you supporting the bearded Cena.

Your argument that his title reign was terrible is completely about the booking, something Bryan would have little to no control over. If he was put in a program with Rollins or Ambrose (let alone Punk who was still an option at RR14) they would kill it.

I loved the TV show Friends and the character Rachel. However I have not enjoyed a single Jennifer Aniston film since then. When I watch a Jennifer Aniston film I don't pretend she's still playing Rachel and go along with it because 'I know she has the talent to be a great funny actress'. Instead I say I loved Jennifer Aniston in Friends but hate her as a film star. Does Jennifer write her awful film scripts? No, but she goes along with them and is willing to take the rewards and money associated with it, so therefore I feel she is open for criticism for being in those films.

When alot of internet fans watch Daniel Bryan, they think they're watching the American Dragon or Bryan Danielson, but they're not, they're watching a WWE creation. You are free to still enjoy his performances in those other promotions before he made it to WWE, but as a WWE performer, he is open to the same criticisms as everyone else. The storyline writing has been bad for alot of people. In fact, Kane has been put through some of the worst storylines ever but still manages to stay relevant. Why don't internet fans cheer for Kane or say 'I'm so tired of Glenn Jacobs being given terrible storylines, he should be WWE champion again.'?

Daniel Bryan headlined Wrestlemania last year as the bearded Cena and deserves critism for it. Unconditional support for a wrestler because of his work in other promotions is hypocritical. Mistico was a huge star in Mexico wrestling, did you unconditionally support his run as Sin Cara? Should Mistico be booed everytime he appears for AAA because of his terrible WWE run? Of course not, it's a senseless way to watch pro wrestling but it's how alot of older fans view it these days.

i dont think the actor/wrestler comparison really works and i wasnt a particularly big fan of mistico during his big run in mexico anyway, but the only way those analogies work is if one is of the opinion that bryan has done nothing of note or worthy of praise in the wwe, which i find a ******* ridiculous idea.

while it can be predictable, i dont have a big problem with wwe's booking of underdog babyfaces overcoming the odds (aka *insert nationality or physical feature here* cena). i understand thats the way they have done things for decades and will probably continue doing things when reigns and bryan are nothing but a memory. while i do sometimes have issues with cenas booking, i dont criticize him for being in that role so why would i criticize bryan?

Why don't internet fans cheer for Kane or say 'I'm so tired of Glenn Jacobs being given terrible storylines, he should be WWE champion again.'?

because they think he's s**t?

Last edited:

i dont think the actor/wrestler comparison really works and i wasnt a particularly big fan of mistico during his big run in mexico anyway, but the only way those analogies work is if one is of the opinion that bryan has done nothing of note or worthy of praise in the wwe, which i find a ******* ridiculous idea.

while it can be predictable, i dont have a big problem with wwe's booking of underdog babyfaces overcoming the odds (aka *insert nationality or physical feature here* cena). i understand thats the way they have done things for decades and will probably continue doing things when reigns and bryan are nothing but a memory. while i do sometimes have issues with cenas booking, i dont criticize him for being in that role so why would i criticize bryan?

The analogies work because this isn't a real sport, it's a unique form of entertainment. However Triple H put it nicely in a different way on the podcast, you might know all the plays inside and out at the Seahawks, Ravens etc. but when you come to the Patriots you need to learn a completely different style of play, and you might not necessarily be suited to it. You shouldn't support indy stars for the sake that they're indy stars who can pull off a million wrestling moves. If they can't portray a character and tell a story they won't succeed in the WWE style.

I thought Bryan had a great run as the obnoxious underserving heel when he cashed in on Big Show. It was a great character that had multiple layers. He was entertaining to listen to and you wanted to see him get beat up and lose the title. He was unlucky his run didn't last longer. There aren't those layers to his character anymore and he's become very stale. I want to like Bryan again but if all he is going to do is smile and scream 'yes' then I don't see him adding any more entertainment value than Cena.

because they think he's s**t?

But why do they think that? Remember according to you we can't blame his booking on him so we can't fault him for being Corporate Kane, for his countless run ins, his stale character or his confusing changes between Corporate Kane and Masked Kane. Kane's put on some really good matches in the past and surely he is as 'deserving' as anyone else to be champion. Yet many adult fans are willing to pass off Bryan's booking flaws and support him while trashing a guy like Kane who has been completely destroyed by booking errors. It isn't a fair way to view the performers of the product. Judge them all on the same criteria, and that's by judging them on how entertaining they are on TV regardless of who comes up with the crazy ideas.

The analogies work because this isn't a real sport, it's a unique form of entertainment. However Triple H put it nicely in a different way on the podcast, you might know all the plays inside and out at the Seahawks, Ravens etc. but when you come to the Patriots you need to learn a completely different style of play, and you might not necessarily be suited to it. You shouldn't support indy stars for the sake that they're indy stars who can pull off a million wrestling moves. If they can't portray a character and tell a story they won't succeed in the WWE style.

correct me if i'm wrong here, but it appears to me that what your analogies are saying is that while mistico and aniston may have been good in aaa/friends they sucked once they got to the wwe/movies so therefore shouldnt be supported, which is fine. the problem here is that does not apply to bryan. i dont support him because he was an 'indy star' who can do 'a million moves', i'd be willing to bet the overwhelmingly vast majority of people who cheer him have never heard of roh or pwg let alone actually watched them and i find the idea he 'hasnt succeeded in the wwe style', again, ******* ridiculous.

But why do they think that?

Because he's shown nothing to make anyone think otherwise?

Kane's put on some really good matches in the past and surely he is as 'deserving' as anyone else to be champion.

Deserve has little if anything to do with it and what matches?

Judge them all on the same criteria, and that's by judging them on how entertaining they are on TV regardless of who comes up with the crazy ideas.

...and thats supposed to reflect well on kane? the last time he was entertaining (which was also the first time in years he had been) was in a glorified comedy tag team with some guy whos name escapes me right now.

Last edited:
correct me if i'm wrong here, but it appears to me that what your analogies are saying is that while mistico and aniston may have been good in aaa/friends they sucked once they got to the wwe/movies so therefore shouldnt be supported, which is fine. the problem here is that does not apply to bryan. i dont support him because he was an 'indy star' who can do 'a million moves', i'd be willing to bet the overwhelmingly vast majority of people who cheer him have never heard of roh or pwg let alone actually watched them and i find the idea he 'hasnt succeeded in the wwe style', again, ******* ridiculous.

I'm not saying Daniel Bryan hasn't achieved anything, he just hasn't been entertaining since last February and he should be blamed for that along with the bad writers. He lost me when he did that thing in the ring with the plants, that whole 'I'm not leaving this ring' was such a cringeworthy promo.

...and thats supposed to reflect well on kane? the last time he was entertaining (which was also the first time in years he had been) was in a glorified comedy tag team with some guy whos name escapes me right now.

No, I'm not trying to say Kane should be supported. I'm just showing the hypocrisy that Kane is another guy who has been screwed by the writers yet the adult fans don't excuse Kane if his storylines aren't entertaining. If you dislike Kane because he has been subjected to terrible writing for almost all of his latter part of his career and has become very stale and boring but excuse Daniel Bryan's poor booking as 'the writers fault' and continue to support Bryan then you are being completely unfair.

I thought Bryan had a great run as the obnoxious underserving heel when he cashed in on Big Show. It was a great character that had multiple layers. He was entertaining to listen to and you wanted to see him get beat up and lose the title. He was unlucky his run didn't last longer. There aren't those layers to his character anymore and he's become very stale. I want to like Bryan again but if all he is going to do is smile and scream 'yes' then I don't see him adding any more entertainment value than Cena.

His time as World Heavyweight Champion and a heel was pretty good. Probably gets forgotten because it had the ******* weak as piss jobber loss against Sheamus at WrestleMania 2012 :thumbsdown: (Funny how Bryan has soared to great heights while Sheamus is entrenched in the nowhere parts of the midcard.)

I even remember even earlier when he was a face US Champion and the Bella twins both wanted to * him but it turned out he was dating Gail Kim :p

I even remember even earlier when he was a face US Champion and the Bella twins both wanted to **** him but it turned out he was dating Gail Kim :p

ah yes, and they thought he was a virgin when he was a vegan
(get those 2 things mixed up all the time :oops:)

ah yes, and they thought he was a virgin when he was a vegan
(get those 2 things mixed up all the time :oops:)
Yeah but what vegan is not a virgin? I mean they're all such nerds!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back