News 2015 Saints Media Thread (please use player threads for player-specific news/articles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Milestone mania for round two

Most Games Club Captain – Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda. Nick is due to captain St Kilda for the 184th time in this round, which will draw him level with Wayne Carey (184 games as North Melbourne captain) in sixth position for most games as a club captain in VFL/AFL history. The most games in history as captain are Stephen Kernahan (226 games as captain), Dick Reynolds (224 games as captain), Ted Whitten (212 games as captain), Michael Voss (210 games as captain), John Nicholls (188 games as captain), Wayne Carey (184 games as captain), Nick Riewoldt (183 games as captain), Paul Kelly (182 games as captain), Danny Frawley (177 games as captain), David Neitz (175 games as captain).

Bit of trivia, if Roo plays every game on his contract for 2015/16 he will tie with Kernahan on 226

Milestone mania for round two

Most Games Club Captain – Nick Riewoldt, St Kilda. Nick is due to captain St Kilda for the 184th time in this round, which will draw him level with Wayne Carey (184 games as North Melbourne captain) in sixth position for most games as a club captain in VFL/AFL history. The most games in history as captain are Stephen Kernahan (226 games as captain), Dick Reynolds (224 games as captain), Ted Whitten (212 games as captain), Michael Voss (210 games as captain), John Nicholls (188 games as captain), Wayne Carey (184 games as captain), Nick Riewoldt (183 games as captain), Paul Kelly (182 games as captain), Danny Frawley (177 games as captain), David Neitz (175 games as captain).

Bit of trivia, if Roo plays every game on his contract for 2015/16 he will tie with Kernahan on 226
Before any peeps from the Carlton board come on here sooking, ill make it clear im in no way having a dig at Kernahans cred as a player. I thought the bloke was a very good player.
I just thought he got the captaincy in only his 2nd yr of being at the Club as more of an incentive to stay there as opposed to evolving as a great leader of the club. A bit like Judd he was handed the Captaincy as a sweetener on top of his contract at his new club.
I think a few of the other AFLs long term Captains probably earned their records a bit more.
Just my opinion.

The coach before the game.

Wrote this this morning and didn't press post. obviously We've now won a game, but my point in this post was never that Kingy was wrong about the possibility of us going through the season without a win, but rather that a bloke who is apparently acclaimed for his analytical skills would make such stupid absolute statements...

---

Was listening to SEN just now. I can't believe that so many experts rave about King's skills as an analyst. He constantly speaks in absolutes, has no eye for nuance whatsoever and almost trumps Dermie for sweeping statements. Said this morning that the Saints won't win a game for the year. Yeah, we're bad but if we manage that, we're the worst team since 1964. A real expert would think extremely carefully before even suggesting that it might happen, let alone predicting it as if it's a fait accompli. I don't think the guy is much of a thinker. Just another blowhard who can't help himself by saying things that get him noticed.

I'm not saying it's impossible for us to go through the season without a win, just that you'd want to put some pretty frigging impressive arguments forward before making an absolute statement like that.

Anyone who says 'x team will go winless' or 'x team will go undefeated' has absolutely no ******* idea about modern football. How about this for a sweeping statement: Neither of those things will occur this year, or next year, or the next 10 after that.

There's a chance I'm wrong, but it's a far smaller chance than King being right.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...es-mark-robinson/story-fni5f0at-1227300734455

The Saints won disposals (384-358) and tackles (66-53) which is a terrific double to win because it’s evidence there was hunger on both facets of the game.

So, where were the ticks.

Jack Newnes on a wing is already a certain starter, Nathan Wright will not be the sub next week, Steven is getting better with each run, Armitage is their best mid, Savage is dangerous and dynamic off a back flank, while most of the rest of them played a role.

It sounds boring, but too often in the past 12 months the Saints have left it too few.

They ran deeper than the Suns on Saturday night and coach Alan Richardson will no doubt tell them that in the review. Twenty-two contributors win football games, not 12.

The same again on Friday night and the papers just might be black, white and red all over....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GEARS on SEN.

Armitage on SEN: 45 MINUTES!

Last edited:
And Danny Sexton.

And now Shents, with a bit of chat with Terry Wallet & Co afterward.

i missed Coach Richardson on the Sunday Footy Show. Did anyone see his segment?

Last edited by a moderator:
after watching that i gotta say she's the best media person we have at the club, some of the other boys are getting better, maybe she'll fall to pieces in an interview setting like the rest of them :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back