2015 Saints Memberships

Remove this Banner Ad

Some times you just gotta take a hit for the greater good.
This season I knew co's of work commitments id be able to go to stuff all games this yr and also had a pretty good idea we'd be a bit crappy regards the win/loss ratio.
But I still got a membership. Only went to a couple of games and half way through the season my dog ate my membership card .
So it was used more for ruffage than anything:D
But still glad i got it. Been proud of the club this yr.
Brucey should end up with 50+ goals which is a bloody fantastic effort for a young players first yr in the fwd line.
I can make the Swans game which im stoked about.:)
Will be nice to stand & clap the team off in thanks for the improvement shown in 2015:thumbsu:

we need to be honest, lowest membership numbers in Melbourne is horrible... even with all the good things we are doing off-field, we need to continue them and then some to get back to where we should be. Jeez, how long has it been (has it ever been) since the dogs have had more members than us?

hopefully the afl helps out the clubs at etihad, and releases the pressure valve so we can make more profits out of that agreement.

we need to be honest, lowest membership numbers in Melbourne is horrible... even with all the good things we are doing off-field, we need to continue them and then some to get back to where we should be. Jeez, how long has it been (has it ever been) since the dogs have had more members than us?

hopefully the afl helps out the clubs at etihad, and releases the pressure valve so we can make more profits out of that agreement.

The Dogs had more members than us last year as well (although the gap has widened this year). As I said in my earlier post it is an indictment that we are last for members in Victoria.

I remember reading an article from 2013 about membership revenue, and although we were behind clubs like North Melbourne and Melbourne in terms of member numbers, we made more money from memberships than them. That's really what it's all about - not the number but the money.

Ours are shocking membership numbers, embarrassing even.
Thank God for the TV rights deal because along with our stadium deal, low end sponsors and membership numbers, we would be cactus.

people forget that the 32k number includes digital memberships etc so if i bought an interstate membership and then a digital membership it counts as two

would be interesting to see the membership breakdown for our club

I only got a three game membership this year, all I could afford when I was going to struggle to get to the games. Hopefully next year will have more time (and I'll be concession) so I'll be able to get to more

Um how did the membership department only sign 7000 members in 8 months?

I was holding off being critical because we do have a lot of fickle supporters who have no idea, but that is pretty damn poor.

I was holding off being critical because we do have a lot of fickle supporters who have no idea, but that is pretty damn poor.

I'm not sure what your point is.

Most people who wanted to be members had signed up last year? With the roll-over programs now in place, most members are automatically re-signed the year before.

Personally I have found the membership department to be poor at selling 3 game or 5 game memberships or whatever once the season has started, but by the same token, you would rather have people signed up early for 11 game memberships than have them signing up late and only getting reduced game memberships.

My point is we failed to capitalise on the positivity that has been surrounding the club and in the media.

Just highlighting that in the same period of time that we signed 7000, the Dogs converted 16000 members, North 16000 and
Melbourne 12000. GWS 8000.

Poor, no?

Should be operating at 35,000 members at an absolute minimum IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My point is we failed to capitalise on the positivity that has been surrounding the club and in the media.

Just highlighting that in the same period of time that we signed 7000, the Dogs converted 16000 members, North 16000 and

Poor, no?

I take your point, Benchy. I do think that the Saints could have made more of the bye weekend as a marker, essentially a new start for memberships. They could have offered "half-season memberships" for remaining home games, for example (essentially a 5 game membership). By then, we were doing a lot better than expected, and people could have signed up in light of that. They DID push discounted 3 game memberships a LITTLE at that point, but I think that could have been done more.

Oh well, I'm sure they're snooping around here, and they can learn for next time.

Poor, no?

And how many members did those clubs have on Christmas day?

If a Saints member wasn't willing to buy their membership at the start of the year I don't see why they'd bother towards the end with the run of horrible home games we had. Our last 5 home games were the Dogs, Richmond, Freo, Geelong and the Swans. Good luck trying to sell 3 or 5 game memberships to that. The only game that would have had any real selling power was the Dogs game. I don't care how positive the mood is in regards to the club in general, there would have been very little sell those games to people.

The fact that we are 2007 members up on last year with reportedly one of the best retention rates in the league is a triumph considering where we were last year. I expect us to match that growth rate next year and reach at least 35k. More than that should be possible depending on how we perform early in the season.

Poor, no?

Why does it matter when people sign up? So long as they do. (And I said in a previous post, people who become members later are far more likely to be of the reduced variety).

What really matters is membership revenue (and profit) and last year we were well and truly ahead of the Bulldogs, and ahead of North Melbourne and Melbourne, despite having fewer members than those clubs.

Yes our membership number is embarrassing, but I think your concerns about when people are signing up are being overstated.

I still feel there's a big push coming this off season and we'll crack 35k.

As long as we build the ground work while we're developing, the real money and numbers will arrive on the back of success and being up the ladder.

There's been a pretty good feeling around the club for the year, and some positive media coverage for once, that should translate in a small bounce.

It's something St Kilda need to work on though. We desperately need a long term 'prestigious' sponsor - not necessarily a car company either!

Just noticed that the Membership tally on the website has been updated. It now says "Join now: 31,781 members committed".

That would appear to be the number of people with auto renews going into next year. I wouldn't expect that number to fall too much so that gives us a really good base to work from. We might be looking at a 35 by 25 campaign this year instead of 25 by 25.

Just noticed that the Membership tally on the website has been updated. It now says "Join now: 31,781 members committed".

That would appear to be the number of people with auto renews going into next year. I wouldn't expect that number to fall too much so that gives us a really good base to work from. We might be looking at a 35 by 25 campaign this year instead of 25 by 25.

I saw that, and clicked the link and it came up with a 404 error.

From memory membership renewals are usually done in October.

I saw that, and clicked the link and it came up with a 404 error.

From memory membership renewals are usually done in October.

Yeah, I'd guess that it's only an indicative number of the current amount of people signed up for the auto-renewal. It'll be interesting to see what happens. So far I think the club has been pretty spot on with their membership predictions.

I did get an sms today asking me to update my credit card details with them so rollovers could be beginning.

I did get an sms today asking me to update my credit card details with them so rollovers could be beginning.

I didn't, but then this year I asked for my invoice /membership to be cancelled so i could upgrade it and it never happened so who knows, maybe they also lost my number.

Same here - I have had a replacement card since this time last year, and got the email.

On one hand, Physio course and study + Work means I can only attend games on a Thursday, Saturday, or Monday night, so I loathe to pay the few hundred for my reserved seat. But on the other hand, I don't want to risk losing the seat (next to my old man) and would still like to support the club...pluuus they also have decided to allow me to renew at the old junior price (at least for this season) meaning that I'm saving a couple hundred if I can keep this price...

Ours are shocking membership numbers, embarrassing even.
Thank God for the TV rights deal because along with our stadium deal, low end sponsors and membership numbers, we would be cactus.

The Dogs memberships are pretty easy to explain. We'll be right when we start climbing again

Although our membership numbers will start climbing as we win, the main reason for our shocking numbers IMO is that people walked away from the club after all of the scandals and the insular attitude of the club through that period. When Lovett was charged with rape at Christmas time in 2009, we were on target for a massive record membership. It basically stopped cold after that despite being months from the start of a season which everyone was optimistic about and it's been dropping ever since. The Lovett rape charge followed on from the 'schoolgirl scandal' and the nude photos. Then I think on top of that the heartache of 2010 was the final nail in the coffin. We were a broken club in every sense and a lot of fans, including many rusted on ones, just walked away.

Yes, the club's much better now but there is just so much work to do to repair the damage - we think the club's doing a great job but we're really invested. It's going to have to do a great job over a long period to catch the attention of those estranged fans and convince them that it will be different this time, and the fact that there's a fair bit of disillusion with AFL in general at the moment isn't helping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back