Position 2015 SuperCoach defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok5 rounds in. im gonna have a stab at it. defenders is tough.
for the year. best 6 of these 7 will be top 6.
shaw, mcdonald, hodge, pittard, houli, rance, mcgovern
Did you just click on "defenders" in SC and list the top 7??

actually had a stab. guess ive looked at the list so much its ingrained.
1st 3 are the one's im looking at. think im gonna run with 3 x 80ish avgs for the year. to many trades for to little imo.
Can't see Pittard keeping it up. TMac I'm still not sold on, he's done this before.

Rance and McGov I earmarked for breakouts but went with Newnes and Gibson instead at the last minute :rolleyes:

The moral of the story; back yourself with defense. Year after year we appear to say the same thing. There aren't many year in year out premos down back that consistently perform. Shaw would probably be one of the few exceptions.

Can't see Pittard keeping it up. TMac I'm still not sold on, he's done this before.

Rance and McGov I earmarked for breakouts but went with Newnes and Gibson instead at the last minute :rolleyes:

The moral of the story; back yourself with defense. Year after year we appear to say the same thing. There aren't many year in year out premos down back that consistently perform. Shaw would probably be one of the few exceptions.
I did pick a few bad choices in my initial teams(before round 1) , but I had Mcgovern, Docherty and no Newnes in a few as well.:$

Last edited:
Does anyone actually think Tom McDonald can keep his current avg throughout the year?

No reason to say he wont.

Im dubious, but thats more because he has just come from no where. But he is playing well, and unless opposition teams start to pay more attention to him, he should continue to play without too much restraint.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No reason to say he wont.

Im dubious, but thats more because he has just come from no where. But he is playing well, and unless opposition teams start to pay more attention to him, he should continue to play without too much restraint.
I don't think any defender will be averaging 112+ at the end of the year.
I think he can average 100.
Cheers for the reply lads.

Bit iffy with key defenders, I'm liking Birchall/Pittard more.

ok5 rounds in. im gonna have a stab at it. defenders is tough.
for the year. best 6 of these 7 will be top 6.
shaw, mcdonald, hodge, pittard, houli, rance, mcgovern

If Frawley & Lake can get regular games, I would expect Gibson to be top 6 by seasons end.. More than capable of breaking 100 most weeks if he isn't playing on #1 or #2 forward...

If Frawley & Lake can get regular games, I would expect Gibson to be top 6 by seasons end.. More than capable of breaking 100 most weeks if he isn't playing on #1 or #2 forward...
hope so on gibson. i have him, was just thinking it could be wishfull thinking

Does anyone actually think Tom McDonald can keep his current avg throughout the year?
The thing with McDonald is that he doesn't need to keep up his current average to be worth getting at his current price - Even if his average dropped from his current 112 down to 95 or so, he'd still be worth getting on at $475k, and because of the scores he's been putting up, he won't be that cheap again for a while.

The thing with McDonald is that he doesn't need to keep up his current average to be worth getting at his current price - Even if his average dropped from his current 112 down to 95 or so, he'd still be worth getting on at $475k, and because of the scores he's been putting up, he won't be that cheap again for a while.
lowest score of the year of 95.
always a good sign when a players lowest score for the year would be an average you'd accept.

Here's the concern I have with selecting KPD's;

CH2014.PNG

Hooker averaged ~102 for those first 8 rounds, only to fall away and only average 79 for the whole year.

Say you traded him in after rd 8 & paid 472k, you would have only got an ave of 66 for the remainder of the year.

Not saying it will follow this same course this year for any of the KPD's, just that it makes me wary.

But, each to their own.

Here's the concern I have with selecting KPD's;

View attachment 131493

Hooker averaged ~102 for those first 8 rounds, only to fall away and only average 79 for the whole year.

Say you traded him in after rd 8 & paid 472k, you would have only got an ave of 66 for the remainder of the year.

Not saying it will follow this same course this year for any of the KPD's, just that it makes me wary.

But, each to their own.

For this very reason I've never had a KP defender in my SC team. Even though they can also be up and down I'd rather take my chances on play makers who rack up high possession numbers & generally very good D/E like Shaw, Simpson, Hodge, Birchall, Bob Murphy, Brodie Smith type of Defs.

For this very reason I've never had a KP defender in my SC team. Even though they can also be up and down I'd rather take my chances on play makers who rack up high possession numbers & generally very good D/E like Shaw, Simpson, Hodge, Birchall, Bob Murphy, Brodie Smith type of Defs.

Supercoach & Brownlow - midfielders game......

Except we have to choose 3 rucks.......perhaps that's an omen for the Blitz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back