2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was so drunk and obnoxious after the game tonight. That second half was so wonderful. We were awful up until that first goal. We need that 6 points buffer as the fixtures get a lot tougher from here on in. The Mariners are a pox in humanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is only women's but I was gutted. Got told off for leaving the terrace immediately at the end of the game.

They dropped two games all season. However it is interesting to note that looking at the head to head record they have only beaten Canberra once in the seven seasons in the comp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rapt with another Canberra United title, but commiserations Glory, great game.

Same here, have enjoyed watching the united girls since season one and thought they thoroughly deserved a second title.
The development of the Sykes twins has been fantastic over the seven seasons, I'd be a little disappointed if they don't make the World Cup squad.

And well done by the Glory girls. Like Canberra last year they were best team during the course of the season but couldn't finish it off, but there is some wonderful young talent in that team which should carry them in coming seasons.

It is only women's but I was gutted. Got told off for leaving the terrace immediately at the end of the game.

They dropped two games all season. However it is interesting to note that looking at the head to head record they have only beaten Canberra once in the seven seasons in the comp.

So you don't rate the women's league?? :)

I think its a little different for us Canberra fans, as we don't have an A-league team dominating things. It's all about the women's league for us. A Canberra team makes perfect sense given the very nature of the W-League and location, but would struggle for relevancy in the present A-League. I like it as a standalone venture.

Agreed, has been great watching the club develop over the years. Although I've only followed them the last 3-4 years, I only arrived here at the start of the decade.

Last edited:
Apparently we are looking for a Hersi replacement...
I wondered about this, especially with Nicholls now down for 2 months. Harold's performance on Saturday certainly mitigated those concerns, but with January so close, maybe we should dip in for a temporary replacement.

I was so drunk and obnoxious after the game tonight. That second half was so wonderful. We were awful up until that first goal. We need that 6 points buffer as the fixtures get a lot tougher from here on in. The Mariners are a pox in humanity.

We also needed to close that gap in the goal difference to the silly people as well. Not a bad night's work when you go 6 clear, score some decent goals, reduce the goal diff to 2 and beat a team that's been a thorn in our dick for 9 years.

No Glory players named in the final 23 man squad for the Asian Cup. On one hand it sucks that no player from the league leaders is in the side (Nicholls probably would be if he wasn't injured) but on the other hand it gives the players a decent 3 week break with the only chance of injury is at training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back