2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a great win. Looked dangerous on the break and our defence is really standing up.
Marinkovic with a couple of great passes. Thought that Adrian Leija should of been booked for the challenge of Keogh when Harold scored. Bad challenge went unpunished.
As the Glory said ; wouldnt want to play us we play ugly, were comitted and well structured.

Interesting that the talk is that we are looking for a winger when we have Sidnei available.

Also thought that initially the penalty was obvious. However on slow mo: I didnt see him pulling Finkler back and I didnt see him trip him. But some players are very good at going over on body contact which there was. Willing to go with the Ref as my first thoughts at match pace was that he tripped him. Must of been some hesitation as he didnt send him packing.

Whilst on Jamo.
His first yellow card was for ?
Surely the free was for obstruction...how do you get a yellow card for obstruction.

Interesting that the talk is that we are looking for a winger when we have Sidnei available.

We can't rely on Sidnei who himself has had injury problems. Another winger will help immensely with not only depth, but managing our wide players through the middle of summer when they may be playing in temperatures in the mid to high 30s.

Whilst on Jamo.
His first yellow card was for ?
Surely the free was for obstruction...how do you get a yellow card for obstruction.

Yes it was for obstruction. Basically if you block a player in the final 3rd from getting into a decent area then you more than likely will get booked. Same thing if it is up near the half way line and you obstruct a player about to go past you into space. It was soft as butter though as I think he slipped rather than purposefully obstructed him.

If a new winger comes in . Sidnei doesnt play, Da Silva gets limited time and Mitch Nicholls is going to be available after the Asian Cup. I dont see the need for a winger unless he can be of a standard where he is our best player.
A striker in case Keogh gets injured may be worthwhile, but then he would need to be at least as good as Keogh otherwise i would be happy enough with McLaren.

Back to Sidnei. When fit and healthy this guy is incredible and would be my pick ahead of a Hersi - fit and healthy

I completely disagree re: Sidnei. It might be a lack of fitness that has him playing the way he is at the moment but he's been very poor since coming back and his positioning his awful. On the break he doesn't seem to know where to go.

I completely disagree re: Sidnei. It might be a lack of fitness that has him playing the way he is at the moment but he's been very poor since coming back and his positioning his awful. On the break he doesn't seem to know where to go.

Im giving him the benefit for being out for so long. I thought Rostyn was crap last year after coming back from a long injury, I thought Marinkovic was worse. BUT you can clearly see that this year FIT and HEALTHY that these two would be amongst the first two picked.

Thanks Gaskin. Just had a look at some of the highlights. Most of which he was playing as a left back.
Looks competent on both feet, good pace and dribbling skills. Looks outstanding on the tackle.
Not sure of the crossing skills as most highlights he was playing LB. Actually looks similar to Jamo but with better defensive body work and tackling.
Hopefully he gives us more than Da Silva, Nicholls, Sidnei( personally not sold on this, but hey hes signed so the proof will be in the pudding)

The highlights video that GFU posted on Facebook he was playing predominantly as a winger and Kenny said he is a winger who can also play in the middle.

Cheers mate. Don't suppose you can post a link. At work can't access Facebook.

The video i've seen of him was seen via a search on Youtube

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jammo has signed a two year extension, with the option of a third. Clisby has left the club by mutual consent. Shame as I liked him but I can understand his reasoning.

Jammo has signed a two year extension, with the option of a third. Clisby has left the club by mutual consent. Shame as I liked him but I can understand his reasoning.
Good news about Jamieson, is Clisby moving to another A-League team? I read Mariners were interested in him and O'Neil....

Melbourne City. I thought if someone was going it would be O'Neill. Jack was no star of the future but he could fill a lot of holes and especially at the back if someone went down so shame to see him go.

Great fightback tonight and unlucky not to get the 3 points in the end. They scored 2 good goals but the 3rd was s**t defending. It should have comfortably been Vuka's ball but I can't remember who stepped in front (Risdon maybe) and knocked the ball right into Barbarouses' path. Unfortunate injury to Harold but the new guy showed a bit tonight and looks like he is going to be quite a solid player.

Victory are a bunch of dirty campaigners and Peter Green had the most biased refereeing game I have ever seen tonight. There is no way he wasn't payed off before the match. The favouritism shown towards Melbourne was incredibly suspect.

It was risdon. I loved when Keogh had a go at muscat. It was after that I got off my seat and felt we had a chance. Jamie Maclaren... That equaliser. Happy with that. This team has heart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even taking our decent home record against Victory into account, "old" Glory would have thrown in the towel last night, all too hard and too hot and got beat 5-1 like CCM. There is some real backbone to this team that I can honestly say is making this team as good any that have gone before it.

Peter Green's performance was sub par even by A-League standards. The silly people have always been campaigners and probably always will be. Next up is a team with an even bigger campaigner as coach, some fun to be had there. Might have to give the poor man's Andy Keogh a friendly welcome back to Perth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back