Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Swallow looks likely to play NEAFL this week!
But O'Meara, Nicholls and Lonergan will miss the rest of the year.
Sexton will miss this week but could play the week after.
Saad, Hall and Currie are all available for senior selection.
This is a big issue, won't get a fair deal if he leaves now.

Going to be super pissed if he does after the support he has received

This is a big issue, won't get a fair deal if he leaves now.

Going to be super pissed if he does after the support he has received
Agreed, after all the support the club gave him through his rehab and the excitement when he returned from all the boys i will be pissed off if he leaves for his girlfriend in Victoria.

Just a hunch and no inside info but I think the latest with Jaeger gives us the best possible chance of keeping him, he would be crazy not to take the two year deal and get himself back to playing footy regularly

Just a hunch and no inside info but I think the latest with Jaeger gives us the best possible chance of keeping him, he would be crazy not to take the two year deal and get himself back to playing footy regularly
He won't.
Get back to playing regular footy that is.

Swallow looks likely to play NEAFL this week!
But O'Meara, Nicholls and Lonergan will miss the rest of the year.
Sexton will miss this week but could play the week after.
Saad, Hall and Currie are all available for senior selection.

Good to finally have another look at Swallow! Forgotten what he looks like (I mean look at him in a footballing perspective of course:$)
Sucks

Jaeger apparently having surgery in Melbourne to clean out his knee? That makes me super nervous, even though it is routine and minor and not in relation to his injured patella?

Saad, Hall, and Currie straight back in you would assume now that they've been given the green light.

Good to finally have another look at Swallow! Forgotten what he looks like (I mean look at him in a footballing perspective of course:$)
Sucks

Jaeger apparently having surgery in Melbourne to clean out his knee? That makes me super nervous, even though it is routine and minor and not in relation to his injured patella?

Saad, Hall, and Currie straight back in you would assume now that they've been given the green light.

My wife Mrs Bigun just sent me the link, it's a bit hidden and that makes me worry even more.

Is it the Hawks trying to pull a swifty? If so out of character, maybe it the Dons after him, much more in line with a total lack of morals

My wife Mrs Bigun just sent me the link, it's a bit hidden and that makes me worry even more.

Is it the Hawks trying to pull a swifty? If so out of character, maybe it the Dons after him, much more in line with a total lack of morals

Probably not worth always assuming the worst.

yeah, I was suprised that the first I heard of it was from a newspaper article rather than from the club itself, but they interviewed Aschroft about it, so Im not too worried about another club pulling a Collingwood with Treloar.

Here is the article: http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au...k/news-story/6c7e45c9bb99ed2ece58dc9aa7928524

Is it just me, or does that article make it sound as though we believe Omeara will absolutely be here next year?
“If we get it done now he can be back to full health in the next three or four weeks and get ready for preseason.”

Preseason with us? Or with a VIC team we trade him to??? :huh:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can a bloke break a finger in each of his last 2 games and now breaks his hand.

3 from 3

If I'm correct.
9 years in the AFL for 4 games. Missed chunks of the past 3 years with foot, shoulder, thumb, now fingers and hand.
TNichs has missed the end of his past 4 seasons with PCL.
It's a real worry.

9 years in the AFL for 4 games. Missed chunks of the past 3 years with foot, shoulder, thumb, now fingers and hand.
TNichs has missed the end of his past 4 seasons with PCL.
It's a real worry.

So your saying get cheap ruckman from the VFL
Costs us nothing in picks and coin.
And won't hurt as much when they get injured :D

So your saying get cheap ruckman from the VFL
Costs us nothing in picks and coin.
And won't hurt as much when they get injured :D
Sydney and Collingwood need key defenders and Leslie's not getting a look in here. Trade for a Witts or a Nankervis.

Sydney and Collingwood need key defenders and Leslie's not getting a look in here. Trade for a Witts or a Nankervis.

Firstly there is a huge shortage of key defenders across the competition so anyone who shows a bit of talent is a big chance to have interest from other clubs. It is a bit like ruckmen, that is if a club can pinch a KPD who has been in the system 3-6 years who has a injury free body and has a hardened ready to go body it is a no brainer. Salary cap wise they are also probably only going to cost $200-250K. Additionally every club needs 4 KPD's on their list.

The interesting thing is Jack Leslie is out of contract at the end of 2016. So I am not sure if you can trade a player who is not contracted to you.

Firstly there is a huge shortage of key defenders across the competition so anyone who shows a bit of talent is a big chance to have interest from other clubs. It is a bit like ruckmen, that is if a club can pinch a KPD who has been in the system 3-6 years who has a injury free body and has a hardened ready to go body it is a no brainer. Salary cap wise they are also probably only going to cost $200-250K. Additionally every club needs 4 KPD's on their list.

The interesting thing is Jack Leslie is out of contract at the end of 2016. So I am not sure if you can trade a player who is not contracted to you.

You can trade players coming out of contract - that is the only way the player can guarantee they get to the club of their choice without going through the draft (non-free agents). If you couldn't trade out of contract players then JOM and Prestia would have no trade value.

The majority of players traded are out of contract

You can trade players coming out of contract - that is the only way the player can guarantee they get to the club of their choice without going through the draft (non-free agents). If you couldn't trade out of contract players then JOM and Prestia would have no trade value.

Thanks OB11 that makes sense. Appreciate the reply to my post.

Swallo been on our list since 2010, but I am pretty sure this is his NEAFL debut?

Leaving only Gazza as the only established player to never play a NEAFL game

Harbs has'nt played NEAFL , other than that only Touky and Kolo have'nt played.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back