Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon Board stating that O'Meara out for the year with ongoing knee issue, anyone heard this, sounds like BS

Also they think they will get him at pick 1 in the PSD :rolleyes: due to his injury history

Was getting soreness in his knee app & is getting shelved indefinitely....deduce from that what you will. As for PSD, that's all pie in the sky stuff. Who knows what his intentions are?? With the queries on his knee past 24 months I certainly wouldn't be offering him the world.

Can't see O'Meara or Swallow playing seniors this year.

But it will be very interesting round 1 next year, with hopefully everyone (except Rischa) fit, plus Bowes and Sheer in. Will actually be some competition for those midfield spots. We could have a completely different midfield line up to what we have seen all year. Just imagine, Ablett O'Meara Bowes Miller Rosa, and on the bench, Swallow, Fiorini and Hall. Then we still have Sexton, Sheer, Lonergan and Shaw as depth/forward line. Not to mention Prestia, or the player we get in return for Prestia. In fact lets throw Ablett forward, we don't need him in the midfield anymore.

Is anyone else getting excited about next year, or is it just me?

So your saying there is a possibility that by the end of the season both Omeara and Swallow line up together in the reserves, potentially with Bowes and Scheer?

Excuse me while I change my pants!
Might open up a dry cleaning business on the GC if this keeps up.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/26c01c2253220c146b210ed81b8e80a3

The injury ladder.

We miss the second most games behind Freo apparently.
They have our total points lost (weighted by quality of player) as less than Collingwood!

Throwing up Matt Scharenberg (4 career games) Jackson Ramsay, Varcoe missing 5 games, Swan (old and past it)

Hello. O'Meara, Swallow, Ablett, Prestia, Thompson, Hall, Saad, Lonergan, Mckenzie, Rosa

Load of bull.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/26c01c2253220c146b210ed81b8e80a3

The injury ladder.

We miss the second most games behind Freo apparently.
They have our total points lost (weighted by quality of player) as less than Collingwood!

Throwing up Matt Scharenberg (4 career games) Jackson Ramsay, Varcoe missing 5 games, Swan (old and past it)

Hello. O'Meara, Swallow, Ablett, Prestia, Thompson, Hall, Saad, Lonergan, Mckenzie, Rosa

Load of bull.

On foxfooty last night during the team selections, they showed the most games missed by a teams top 28 players this year.

We were first with 149 games missed, Freo were second with 144, Collingwood were third with like 141 or something, then it was GWS and the bulldogs with under 120.

Probably a more accurate way of looking at how injuries have affected the top players in a squad, although it is subjective as to who the best 28 players are.

Add Trent McKenzie to the list. Unlikely to play again in 2016 and stranded on 99 senior games.

Interestingly, Currie is listed as test, if he comes back through the NEAFL this week that gives him enough time to get back the number 1 ruck role which is interesting considering Nicholls is out of contract.
Currie has missed 8 games already this year with finger injuries and we are looking to him for long term No 1 Ruck duties. Sorry just can't see it what l can see is another player on our list who is constantly out injured and I think we already have more than our share of those.

Meh our seconds are playing so well I don't think anyone deserves to be dropped for a Jaeger, Swallow or Currie. Give the three of them another week to prove themselves worthy at training.

Meh our seconds are playing so well I don't think anyone deserves to be dropped for a Jaeger, Swallow or Currie. Give the three of them another week to prove themselves worthy at training.
Like your thought - but we have a few injuries in the 1's meaning seconds need to be promoted - would be good if replacements came from the senior list rather than from Southport....

Pretty sure Currie has just had bad luck in injuring fingers which has kept him out of action.

Jaeger is unlikely to play this week in the NEAFL and Malceski is out for 1-2 weeks.

Lemmens a straight replacement for Mal? ;):cool: (Give Saad another week in the 2's).

I kind of agree, but at the same time, I would love to see all those guys out there playing at least the final game of the year, to get confidence into them and their bodeis to hit pre-season running.

Pretty sure Currie has just had bad luck in injuring fingers which has kept him out of action.

yep, he had surgery on one of his fingers at the end of June, which said he would miss 5ish weeks to heal. It's not like he has degenerative fingers that just keep breaking all the time. Just horrible luck (which seems to be a theme amongst all our players and injuries).

Swallow will likely play NEAFL next week, just building training load.
O'Meara will push to play NEAFL next week, if he misses he will be done for the year as there is only a couple of NEAFL rounds left.
Saad and Hall will almost certainly play Essendon next week.
Both Lonergan and Malceski will miss 1-2 weeks
Fiorini needs a few more weeks to build his fitness base in the NEAFL but will debut this year.
Mckenzie tore his groin so bad he did what the surgery does for a groin injury, out for the season but it's a 8 week recovery so he'll be ready day 1 of pre-season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back