Injury 2016 Injury List

Remove this Banner Ad

I have started sacrificing to the footy gods to end this curse in time for the 2017 season.
With our midfield set to bolstered through the draft and trading period with Bowes, Scheer and quite possibly another couple of classy first rounders, Jaeger's return (I feel he'll stay.. It's the vibe), the extra game time and experience we'll get into the younger blokes like Lonergan, Ah Chee, Joyce etc the rest of this year, the emergence of the Wright / Lynch combination, increased list depth, and another preseason under Cordy to build some resilience into these blokes, I'm feeling slightly bullish about next season already.
I'm finding this too, our key posts are pretty solid and intact. Our defensive 6 looks really nice and settled, our forward half is taking shape with the likes of Ah Chee, Matera and Davis starting to hit the score board. Just need to bolster that midefield with some class and defensive edge, to take the pressure off our back 6 and we have the makings of a good team :D

Yeah Forgot momentarily about spitta. Even without Rischa for most of the year, we will have a midfield of O'Meara, Hall, Lonergan, Gaz, Swallow, Rosa, Bowes, Miller, Hallahan, maybe even Prestia? and Ah Chee, Scheer, Fiorini and Garlett as back-up.
Bit early I know but one of the phantom drafts has us taking -

Brisbane Pick 2 - Jack Bowes bid - GC MATCH

GC Pick 10 - Daniel Venables

GC Pick 22 - Jarrod Berry

GC Pick 23 - Brad Scheer

GC Pick 28 - Sam Powell-Pepper

GC Pick 30 - Griffin Logue

Personally I can't see us taking more than 4 / 5 max but that's a list of some very highly rated young talent.
From the way Ashcroft talked, it seems like Rischa will be ready pretty early in the season.

I'm finding this too, our key posts are pretty solid and intact. Our defensive 6 looks really nice and settled, our forward half is taking shape with the likes of Ah Chee, Matera and Davis starting to hit the score board. Just need to bolster that midefield with some class and defensive edge, to take the pressure off our back 6 and we have the makings of a good team :D
Yeah I'm liking the move of Jack Martin down back. Has the class, composure, toughness, rebound pace and seems to kick better when he has a human target rather than a couple of goalposts. The spine of May, Thompson, O'Meara, Lynch and Wright, with Daysie floating is only going to get better over the next few years. If Jaeger and Spitta can successfully make it back, with Touk thrown in, there's a hard defensive edge to the midfield right there. Bowes and Fiorini to provide the class.

Is it weird I'm really looking forward to see McPherson and Fiorini come back in the next month.
Look like quality young Footballers.
No, i think they will be great footy players
Do we think MacPherson will be elevated at the end of the year? or will Ryan Davis get the nod

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, i think they will be great footy players
Do we think MacPherson will be elevated at the end of the year? or will Ryan Davis get the nod
Logic would say Darcy (younger and bigger scope for improvement) but I reckon Davis has increased his case in recent weeks. Just seems to fit into the forward line nicely, adding a touch of strength and experience.

Logic would say Darcy (younger and bigger scope for improvement) but I reckon Davis has increased his case in recent weeks. Just seems to fit into the forward line nicely, adding a touch of strength and experience.

I'm hearing murmurs the rookie list will be abolished this off season.

But if it's not this year
I'll call Davis to stay on rookie list as nominated rookie available to play seniors

Remove this Banner Ad

Back