Hot Topic 2016 Leadership Group - Murphy retains Captaincy

Which 5 players will form our Leadership Group?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Tried to select players who had some leadership qualities and would seem to be interested in being in that role. Quite a few on the list I suspect are not really interested and it would be counter productive to force it on them.,

Anyway, my five:
  • Murphy
  • Docherty
  • Simpson
  • Armfield
  • Buckley

Kerridge was not getting a regular game for the Crows and while he looks a leader on the track, you'd think he'd have to show something on field for us to get in our leadership group. It's not a good look for members of the leadership group to be playing VFL and we may feel compelled to play them in the seniors regardless of form.

Craig says Cripps is a long way off captaincy and references the decision he was a part of at Melbourne in appointing Grimes and Trengove as co captains at 21 years of age.

I would prefer we didn't make decisions based on Craig's mistakes and I would prefer he had no part in such decisions. Herald Sun referred to him as overseeing our club and I'm a little bit uncomfortable with that statement. He's just one of many new faces and nowhere near the most important.

If Murph wants the captaincy, he should have it. There are probably a few guys who could do the job, and do it well, but will they add significantly more value to the side than Murphy? probably not. So considering he's really done nothing to warrant removing him as captain, he should retain the role, if he wants it.
I don't like these large leadership groups, I agree with Sheik, three is probably plenty.
So for me...
Murphy (C)
Simpson (VC)
Jamo (DVC)

Fast forward three years...
Doc
Cripps
Weitering

Kerridge was not getting a regular game for the Crows and while he looks a leader on the track, you'd think he'd have to show something on field for us to get in our leadership group. It's not a good look for members of the leadership group to be playing VFL and we may feel compelled to play them in the seniors regardless of form.

Craig says Cripps is a long way off captaincy and references the decision he was a part of at Melbourne in appointing Grimes and Trengove as co captains at 21 years of age.

I would prefer we didn't make decisions based on Craig's mistakes and I would prefer he had no part in such decisions. Herald Sun referred to him as overseeing our club and I'm a little bit uncomfortable with that statement. He's just one of many new faces and nowhere near the most important.
TBO, I wish Craig would get off the training track altogether. Bloke looks like a desperate old man with toothless face and belly to match.

TBO, I wish Craig would get off the training track altogether. Bloke looks like a desperate old man with toothless face and belly to match.

Appearance aside, his manner is a little brasher than the other coaches.
Hard to say from a distance whether his approach is appreciated or not...................but it is different.

Hello thylacine60, I'm not sure what Craig brings to the table, don't know the measure of his influence or input, but I wouldn't be judging him on his appearance. I know a certain old coach who spoils every team photo but is amazing at his job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello thylacine60, I'm not sure what Craig brings to the table, don't know the measure of his influence or input, but I wouldn't be judging him on his appearance. I know a certain old coach who spoils every team photo but is amazing at his job.
Backhanded compliment???

Does he moved around freely, Harks? Always looks like Cliffy Young to me.

I don't recall his movement but just his manner through the stationary drills (meaning Craig being stationary) was a little out of sync to the others.

Conducted a terrific drill with the newbies on Wednesday but handed out a couple of slaps to the back and not of the nice variety. Looked out of place to me.
Got a little aggressive at times also, which stood out but not in the way Bolton's aggression stands out. Maybe it's just his manner and everyone 'gets it' but I can't say that it felt particularly warm to me.

Back