Official Club Stuff 2016 Membership Tally - as at 25th August 50,130* Final Tally

Remove this Banner Ad

They should offer 10% off for anyone at that game that signs up whilst throwing their * guernsey on the bonfire that will be provided on the day.

As we know , it's only a practice match but any victory over those turds is good for morale (membership sales) .
Of course , this won't enter Bolton's planning for the big picture but you would imagine Trigg would be hoping we select a very strong side that day ...

36121 according to Carlton FC site
I've let both the phone app and the club website update for 5 or so minutes and they come in at 36,203 and 36,201 respectively (I'm sure everyone gets slightly different results).
It's slowed down a bit and I doubt we will reach 50k by rd1. Not sure if 3 NAB wins would even be enough to get us over the line. A round 1 victory should boost numbers though.
We should really be at 42k+ by now, I would have thought.

I've let both the phone app and the club website update for 5 or so minutes and they come in at 36,203 and 36,201 respectively (I'm sure everyone gets slightly different results).
It's slowed down a bit and I doubt we will reach 50k by rd1. Not sure if 3 NAB wins would even be enough to get us over the line. A round 1 victory should boost numbers though.

A good NAB and a round 1 smashing of Richmond should see it get to 55k :p

We should have been tracking at around 2,500 per week and in the last week we've reeled in 600 odd.

Getting further away unless there's a trick coming up.

Should have? Look they set a goal, if they don't make it by round but end up with 53,000 for example at close of play in June is it still a failure?

Club broke some records in terms of numbers before christmas and new year and that is after being one of the worst teams in recent history.

'Tis actually 36,859
That's a jump of 700 from same time yesterday. I doubt it will continue at 700 a day, but some good NAB results and the hype in the lead up to round 1 should help a bit.
Interestingly, if it DID go at 700 a day up to round 1, we would actually crack 60k.
All we need to reach 50k is an average of around 380 a day.

Isn't our best effort ever about 51,000? And we only got to that total by like June.

And we we only got there after thousands of Pratts *AHEM* I mean 'members' were signed up in a mad rush mid-season?

I know we are tracking relatively well this year. And I would love to beat our record.

But surely it's asking a bit much to beat our *artificially high* record BEFORE the season starts, NO?

51k for the year looks possible to me, but not by round 1.

*Although I'm just trying to think of a good marketing campaign to excite new members to sign up. Maybe stand Patrick Cripps in the middle of the city. You log in on the net or call up and register. Patty then stands up (make sure not under tram lines) and handpasses your membership card over his head straight to your front door. I'd sign up again for that! :drunk:

That's a jump of 700 from same time yesterday. I doubt it will continue at 700 a day, but some good NAB results and the hype in the lead up to round 1 should help a bit.
Interestingly, if it DID go at 700 a day up to round 1, we would actually crack 60k.
All we need to reach 50k is an average of around 380 a day.
Again, if you're relying on the tracker animation (it's not truly live), the tally is bad. It's an increase of about 490 from yesterday's figure, which is still a bigger jump than any time over the last fortnight (averaging about 300 a day).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That damn 'live tracker' is useless!
Yup, it's a marketing gimmick. Essentially it pulls up a random initial number between 0 and the actual total, then starts incrementally increasing that number by slightly random amounts at slightly random times up until it approaches the total.

Gives the impression of sales activity. That said, 490 sales in a day is great work.

Yup, it's a marketing gimmick. Essentially it pulls up a random initial number between 0 and the actual total, then starts incrementally increasing that number by slightly random amounts at slightly random times up until it approaches the total.

Gives the impression of sales activity. That said, 490 sales in a day is great work.

I gave up on it a while ago.

But that's what I do when I check it. I let it run until it stops updating, then take the total. I did it before with your post of 36,859 and it stopped at 36,858. Same as I did with my total from yesterday that I based the jump of 700 on (although I did originally look at the wrong post before when quoting 700, it was actually more like 650). It seems to be fairly accurate if you let it finish its run. Where do you get your total from?

But that's what I do when I check it. I let it run until it stops updating, then take the total. I did it before with your post of 36,859 and it stopped at 36,858. Same as I did with my total from yesterday that I based the jump of 700 on (although I did originally look at the wrong post before when quoting 700, it was actually more like 650). It seems to be fairly accurate if you let it finish its run. Where do you get your total from?
I find the code in the source for the page; the total is listed as the value of the variable 'counterTarget'.

I find the code in the source for the page; the total is listed as the value of the variable 'counterTarget'.
So that would be the final number that the tracker would rest on when it stops updating? (serious question) If so, by looking at the code, you are getting the same figure I am, but saving yourself a few minutes waiting for the tracker to update?
If so, the numbers that I posted yesterday at 2:14 (36,203 and 36,201 from phone app and website trackers respectively), are accurate. And the number that you posted today at 2:13, and I confirmed with the tracker (only being off by 1 person), is also accurate?
So that's 650 in one day.
I hate to sound nitpicky, but everyone seems to be bagging the live tracker when we all seem to be getting our figures from effectively the same source. The only difference is some people aren't aware that you need to wait for the number to finish 'updating' before getting the total.

So that would be the final number that the tracker would rest on when it stops updating? (serious question) If so, by looking at the code, you are getting the same figure I am, but saving yourself a few minutes waiting for the tracker to update?
If so, the numbers that I posted yesterday at 2:14 (36,203 and 36,201 from phone app and website trackers respectively), are accurate. And the number that you posted today at 2:13, and I confirmed with the tracker (only being off by 1 person), is also accurate?
So that's 650 in one day.
I hate to sound nitpicky, but everyone seems to be bagging the live tracker when we all seem to be getting our figures from effectively the same source. The only difference is some people aren't aware that you need to wait for the number to finish 'updating' before getting the total.

Which takes appr 5 minutes or just under.

I think it's accurate enough to use as a source if you let it run first. Aph got the same number I did this arvo and that's only 1 different from Jimmae who got it direct from the source code. Hardly worth splitting hairs over.
After the way the tracker was getting a bad name, yesterday I thought I'd run a test and got the website up on my computer and the club app up on my phone, let them both do their thing and they were both only off by 2.
Sure, it's not the best design - having it give you a false number to start off with, but if you are aware of that and let it finish, it's completely accurate.
#standbythelivetracker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back