List Mgmt. 2016 National Draft - Rookie Draft Monday 28th

Remove this Banner Ad

F**k I love all these guys already - they already have a head start with their relationships with each other.

These guys are going to be tight as from day 1 - just like our former rat pack except these guys are all about footy rather than whatever those guys use to get up to

Mate, I am still mourning the King, so keeping my comments to a minimum.
But must say absolutely stoked with the 5 lads we got tonight......:thumbsu:

I think even the King of Thailand would have approved of our draft performance:)
I can just hear Rocket screaming at Clayton
"Don't you ******* dare!- just don't you ******* even try you campaigner"
as his finger hovered over the next flashy outside mid

Last edited:
Hopefully some of these guys good to go from day 1!
Round 1 team anybody?

That Brodie has some guns on him BUT Scrimshaw holy s**t they need to throw some T bones into him or he wil snap in half, very different type of player profile amongst these boys not a freakish skinny Indig kid amongst them and a couple that are contested ball magnets - very cool 60 days for the Suns and Rocket has everything he needs to make it his team now - we really have no excuses for 2017

My only query is, where does Scrimshaw play? What need does he fill? He looks to me like a copy of Kade. And this is fine, there is no problem with that. But with McKenzie playing on the other back flank, who does he replace? Saad? Do we have to move Harbrow further up the ground?

Otherwise it looked Scrimshaw was just so relieved by it all. He looks very happy to be heading here.

Brodie is a good get and offers something we don't have much of: a tall inside mid. In fact, if it wasn't for Barlow he'd be our only tall inside midfielder on the list. And what better bloke to learn off of?

Ainsworth is the one for me. He offers something we don't have in the forward line as a small player. He's also a leader in the forward line and even an enforcer. When was the last time you saw someone in our forward line, other than Lynch, to shove people around? To really get in their faces and cause havoc? That's what we have with Benny. Not to mention his great athleticism, grunt, goal kicking sense and scope to play mid. An outstanding pickup, and someone who fits right into the void of where Garlett left.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My only query is, where does Scrimshaw play? What need does he fill? He looks to me like a copy of Kade. And this is fine, there is no problem with that. But with McKenzie playing on the other back flank, who does he replace? Saad? Do we have to move Harbrow further up the ground?

Otherwise it looked Scrimshaw was just so relieved by it all. He looks very happy to be heading here.

Brodie is a good get and offers something we don't have much of: a tall inside mid. In fact, if it wasn't for Barlow he'd be our only tall inside midfielder on the list. And what better bloke to learn off of?

Ainsworth is the one for me. He offers something we don't have in the forward line as a small player. He's also a leader in the forward line and even an enforcer. When was the last time you saw someone in our forward line, other than Lynch, to shove people around? To really get in their faces and cause havoc? That's what we have with Benny. Not to mention his great athleticism, grunt, goal kicking sense and scope to play mid. An outstanding pickup, and someone who fits right into the void of where Garlett left.

Scrim sounds very handy in that he can apparently be very good up forward as well. I'd give him a bit more time in the reserves to build up a bit. Another 5kg to start with would be enough. The others look ready to go.

Clayton's comment about Brodie being able to take the ball at a higher point at stoppages I think is a key one. With him and Barlow (Bowes also adept here and hopefully Scrimmage Scrimma Scrimshaw down the track) gives us some competition for the Fyfe, Bont and Kennedy who always kill us in this area.

Ainsworth doesn't really look like the most enthusiastic guy, maybe that's just him haha
Yeah but this is the lad that went on record saying that he'd be happy to go to Brisbane... He'd be over the moon to go to the good QLD team.

Can you smell what the suns are cooking - our new catch cry ;)
Slightly dated. How about Gold... CoastRocks? :cool:

IXrpJjw.0.gif

Just letting you guys know - ben is absolutely stoked to be going to you guys. He can't wait. You have got a beauty - wish he was with us. See you guys round 1 v Richmond!

Honestly, I get the feeling Scrimshaw is to McKenzie what Wright was to Dixon in 2015. We've picked up a guy loaded with potential, and whilst McKenzie has looked to be coming good slowly, if 2017 doesn't work out for him Scrimshaw will be our guy. Based on our draft last night, I have no issue with 2017 being do or die for both McKenzie and Matera.

Scrim sounds very handy in that he can apparently be very good up forward as well. I'd give him a bit more time in the reserves to build up a bit. Another 5kg to start with would be enough. The others look ready to go.

Clayton's comment about Brodie being able to take the ball at a higher point at stoppages I think is a key one. With him and Barlow (Bowes also adept here and hopefully Scrimmage Scrimma Scrimshaw down the track) gives us some competition for the Fyfe, Bont and Kennedy who always kill us in this area.

Matt Rosa fills that role too

Honestly, I get the feeling Scrimshaw is to McKenzie what Wright was to Dixon in 2015. We've picked up a guy loaded with potential, and whilst McKenzie has looked to be coming good slowly, if 2017 doesn't work out for him Scrimshaw will be our guy. Based on our draft last night, I have no issue with 2017 being do or die for both McKenzie and Matera.

Yep
The blowtorch is well and truly fired up on a few
Rocket has worked wonders on list quality since ariving
It may be false hope but I kind of feel we've come out ahead despite losing Prestia and utensil head

Yep
The blowtorch is well and truly fired up on a few...
It may be false hope but I kind of feel we've come out ahead despite losing Prestia and utensil head
Exactly. That blowtorch is the reason I'm optimistic, even with our 'losses' in Prestia and O'Meara we are absolutely in a better position.

Ainsworth, for me, already pushes Matera out of the side. I don't think Matera has the skillset to compete for it. Brodie, Bowes, Scheer, Lyons and Barlow is about 3 years worth of midfield recruiting in one hit... Brilliant. Guys like Hallahan, Lonergan, Sexton and Hall now know they need to work bloody hard to lock a spot down. This can only end well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back