Training 2016 Season training reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was there any training today? Just wondering if there was any indication of how the back line might be structured without Johno.

Yay.......

Paddy Sweeney ‏@SweeneyPaddy9 2h2 hours ago
Ballantyne also with Neale doing run throughs away from side. Both look sore. @freodockers @9NewsPerth

ChA-hENUgAEiqab.jpg

Langdon could replace Ballatyne, Mundy should come in and it may be for Neale. Still leaves Fyfe and MJ of course.

I am calm and just looking forward to signs of promise from the youngsters regardless of the score - which could get ugly.

Great to hear Yarran should line up for Peel this week.

C.Pearce/Silva/ for Johnson,deboer /subanfor fyfe

Yes while we're at it, bring in Silvagni to play on Taylor Walker. Cannot wait to relive that nightmare of 2012 Semi Final. De Boer should come in only at the expense of Neale. Otherwise Langdon, Ibbotson would be better ins overall.
We already at 0-5 might as well let the footsoldiers do it one last time before we said farewell to them end of the season.at least next year collins or whoever don't have bad record or history of nightmare to revive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already at 0-5 might as well let the footsoldiers do it one last time before we said farewell to them end of the season.
There's no sentimenality in this day and age. Silvagni is a, what, 40 gamer who's been on the list since 2010? Can't make it now, then he's clearly not up to AFL level. Rather at least give game time to younger players slowly then Silvagni doing an average job. Ibbotson, Dawson and Pearce should be enough against the Crows anyway. Anymore inexperienced down back and it'll be real trouble.

There's no sentimenality in this day and age. Silvagni is a, what, 40 gamer who's been on the list since 2010? Can't make it now, then he's clearly not up to AFL level. Rather at least give game time to younger players slowly then Silvagni doing an average job. Ibbotson, Dawson and Pearce should be enough against the Crows anyway. Anymore inexperienced down back and it'll be real trouble.
Agree , that is the reason I don't encourage young player play in this match but against GWS. I know is WAFL but I rather if blakely and Hughes play and win for peel is much better for them next week against GWS than a big lost against Adelaide.we need a winning habit.i rather ibbo , Silva , gu , deboer, C.Pearce take a heavy defeat than young player.

This chat, while interesting, should be in the "Changes" thread.

Any training reports from our intrepid training watchers?

Meima, I'd honestly be worried if a player young or old experienced a big loss and didn't have the mental resilience to overcome it...yeah losing big isn't great but great players the culture at a club can, if they use it right, make it a driver to get better.

All our great players would have experienced a big loss at some point and learnt from it

Agree , that is the reason I don't encourage young player play in this match but against GWS. I know is WAFL but I rather if blakely and Hughes play and win for peel is much better for them next week against GWS than a big lost against Adelaide.we need a winning habit.i rather ibbo , Silva , gu , deboer, C.Pearce take a heavy defeat than young player.

Meima, I'd honestly be worried if a player young or old experienced a big loss and didn't have the mental resilience to overcome it...yeah losing big isn't great but great players the culture at a club can, if they use it right, make it a driver to get better.

All our great players would have experienced a big loss at some point and learnt from it
Hughes, blakely just came back from injury and only got one WAFL match , if they got injury in Adelaide would it be a little too soon. As for Langdon he just relegated to WAFL and come back to face Adelaide if suffer big losses go back to WAFL again .

Fair enough on Hughes & Blakely. Maybe a bit anxious to see them play in the seniors :)

If Langdon comes in though and we have a big loss, unless he performs badly then why would he automatically get pushed back to the WAFL?...if that were the case we'd have the entire team playing in the magoos

Hughes, blakely just came back from injury and only got one WAFL match , if they got injury in Adelaide would it me a little too soon. As for Langdon he just relegated to WAFL and come back to face Adelaide if suffer big losses go back to WAFL again .

Fair enough on Hughes & Blakely. Maybe a bit anxious to see them play in the seniors :)

If Langdon comes in though and we have a big loss, unless he performs badly then why would he automatically get pushed back to the WAFL?...if that were the case we'd have the entire team playing in the magoos
Just my guess regarding Langdon, if ballas injured he come straight in or unuse emergency, next match ballas recover can't see him playing Magoos., Langdon push back to Magoos. If we really planning on rebuild cutting Mayne,ballas,ibbo is a must . they are too good to relagated to play WAfL and taking space in our 22 list .

Last edited:
Ballas aside I'd much prefer Langdon over D Pearce at the moment

Just my guess regarding Langdon, if ballas injured he come straight in or unuse emergency, next match ballas recover can't see him playing Magoos., Langdon push back to Magoos. If we really planning on rebuild cutting Mayne,ballas,ibbo is a must . they are too good to relagated to play WAfL and taking space in our 22 list .

Am I correct in hearing that Dawson is out as well ?!?!?!?!

Time to get all Adelaide covering the spread with interest ! :-/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back