State of Origin 2016 SoO Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Very rude of the NSW blokes by leaving during Smith's speech. Couldn't imagine that happening at the AFL Grand Final presentation.

Brilliant response. Your defence is well specified here. By all means, call me a child again. A child could have come up with a better response than "go to bed."
Says the guy that came up with brilliance like "get off the crack" "lolol" "you're blind" and I'm sure others I didn't take the time to see.

OK a better response.

You mentioned something about complaining re the lopsided count like I suggested you had done that. I didn't mention it at all. I was referring to one whinge you had, and then at subsequent whinge you had while you were running in the opposite direction. You then used those exact same incidentso to suggest I was focusing on something else.

In summary, go to bed.

Says the guy that came up with brilliance like "get off the crack" "lolol" "you're blind" and I'm sure others I didn't take the time to see.

OK a better response.

You mentioned something about complaining re the lopsided count like I suggested you had done that. I didn't mention it at all. I was referring to one whinge you had, and then at subsequent whinge you had while you were running in the opposite direction. You then used those exact same incidentso to suggest I was focusing on something else.

In summary, go to bed.
Nope, you made it seem like I was complaining about more than 1 call. The lopsided penalty count I never complained about because it was, well, an obvious lopsided penalty count. I complained about 1 call, nothing more. The penalty count was 12-3 in the end, unheard of in any NRL game, especially Origin, but I still never complained about it.

NSW were better on the day by far and deserved to win. The fact we were winning with 2 minutes to go shows how far behind us they are.

#lolNSW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nope, you made it seem like I was complaining about more than 1 call. The lopsided penalty count I never complained about because it was, well, an obvious lopsided penalty count. I complained about 1 call, nothing more. The penalty count was 12-3 in the end, unheard of in any NRL game, especially Origin, but I still never complained about it.

NSW were better on the day by far and deserved to win. The fact we were winning with 2 minutes to go shows how far behind us they are.

#lolNSW
Yeah OK.

Promised myself I'd behave tonight being a dead rubber but **** me dead that Fifita try has my blood boiling.

On the bright side any offside player in an NRL game within 10m of the ball when a try is scored and being a passive player will not be penalised for being inside the 10m zone.

On the bright side any offside player in an NRL game within 10m of the ball when a try is scored and being a passive player will not be penalised for being inside the 10m zone.

I'm looking forward to the inconsistent bunker denying a team down the track for that reason. Mind blown over that. Shoulder to shoulder with the closest playing going for the ball. argghhh

Hardly suprising though. I wonder if anything will be made of it? Cant say ive noticed it before?
Doubt it. Really enjoy my rugby league (I am from NSW so it's a given), but it just doesn't have the professionalism that the AFL has. Regardless, it is a basic sign of respect to sit through it.

Doubt it. Really enjoy my rugby league (I am from NSW so it's a given), but it just doesn't have the professionalism that the AFL has. Regardless, it is a basic sign of respect to sit through it.

Im not sure I have seen that before in rugby league. Might be wrong, but I normally grumble at the t.v when I see blokes jabbering on and jostling durning presentations, let alone walking off with their back to the opposition captain.

My knowledge of the game is minimal, based on my small comments here about an obvious shoulder charge that only you and some blokes with a combined IQ of 25 thought was wrong... and a question over physics of which I know a lot about given I have a Bachelors degree in Engineering. Yes, I really need a big knowledge of the game to determine those.

would experts/former nrl players have a better idea than someone who is knowledgeable in the science of physics? If a poster has a contrary opinion but graduates with honours, or someone with a masters, do their opinion count more?

Who cares, let them go celebrate another dead rubber. They're used to it by now.
Every year is so full of promise, every year I am let down. This Queensland side is one for the ages though, such a privilege to watch the greats like Thurston and Smith at work. NSW is a level below this Queensland side, despite the win tonight.

Every year is so full of promise, every year I am let down. This Queensland side is one for the ages though, such a privilege to watch the greats like Thurston and Smith at work. NSW is a level below this Queensland side, despite the win tonight.
Until the Queensland legends retire our dominance will continue IMO. By 2019 NSW will probably have turned the tables since our depth probably isn't as good as NSW's depth.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back