Competitions 2016 Supercoach/Dream Team/Fantasy Football Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll fire the 1st Question. For keepers leagues how do you see the Kangas transition their squad over the next few seasons (and even 2016) with blooding some young guys. In particular with the new boys Hibberd & Clarke who both look very Fantasy relevant

I'll fire the 1st Question. For keepers leagues how do you see the Kangas transition their squad over the next few seasons (and even 2016) with blooding some young guys. In particular with the new boys Hibberd & Clarke who both look very Fantasy relevant
First year players don't play lol. There has been extenuating circumstances but the new guys seem to find it hard to get a run.

Either of the players you mentioned would need to dominate the preseason games to be a chance in 2016. Otherwise, if we have a fit and in-form team, both those boys will struggle for a game over the next year or two, but would be well positioned over the following years as Boomer, Dal Santo and Wells hang up the boots.

Where is Daniel Wells is his recovery? what level of training has he done so far? do you expect him to play Rd 1
He's lost some weight and is looking fairly lean and fit. He'll play the first pre season game, no dramas.

Where is Daniel Wells is his recovery? what level of training has he done so far? do you expect him to play Rd 1
He's lost some weight and is looking fairly lean and fit. He'll play the first pre season game, no dramas.
If Wells is tearing it up in the preseason matches he may be worth a shot. Problem being he's not the cheapest mid-pricer going around, & it is really going to come down to how he compares to all the other mid-pricers in the comp. A more sensible supercoach than me would say you should only start with 2 or 3 mid-pricers in your team, so if there is better value around he could be a borderline call.

The other issue with Wellsy is that he is a real x-factor player, who can have a big impact in games without big statistics (scores). So he's rated higher generally as a football player than he is SC relevant. He's also gone missing at times under a hard tag, which can happen due to his x-factor status. However hard tags seem to be less prevalent these days.

So my verdict: Hard to take Wellsy unless he has a monster pre-season. Even then, should that occur it may just mean more people get trapped with him in their squad & you're unlikely to have him as a big POD. Further swaying me away is that given his injury problems over the last 2 years, there's another factor of uncertainty if his legs/feet can hold up & no risks will be taken should he re-injure himself in that area. Perhaps you can take him if you've got few other speculative picks in your side, where if he doesn't perform in the first two rounds downgrade to the best available rookie.

EDIT: My 1000th post - yeehaw! If my previous 999 are anything to go by its probably best ignored like the rest of them :confused::p:drunk::rainbow:

Last edited:
If Wells is tearing it up in the preseason matches he may be worth a shot. Problem being he's not the cheapest mid-pricer going around, & it is really going to come down to how he compares to all the other mid-pricers in the comp. A more sensible supercoach than me would say you should only start with 2 or 3 mid-pricers in your team, so if there is better value around he could be a borderline call.

The other issue with Wellsy is that he is a real x-factor player, who can have a big impact in games without big statistics (scores). So he's rated higher generally as a football player than he is SC relevant. He's also gone missing at times under a hard tag, which can happen due to his x-factor status. However hard tags seem to be less prevalent these days.

So my verdict: Hard to take Wellsy unless he has a monster pre-season. Even then, should that occur it may just mean more people get trapped with him in their squad & you're unlikely to have him as a big POD. Further swaying me away is that given his injury problems over the last 2 years, there's another factor of uncertainty if his legs/feet can hold up & no risks will be taken should he re-injure himself in that area. Perhaps you can take him if you've got few other speculative picks in your side, where if he doesn't perform in the first two rounds downgrade to the best available rookie.

EDIT: My 1000th post - yeehaw! If my previous 999 are anything to go by its probably best ignored like the rest of them :confused::p:drunk::rainbow:
After nearly 19k posts, you've mastered the art of wasting your life online with some less than reputable bf people.

Interestingly on the club website players were asked who they are most looking forward to see play next year. Higgins mentions Corey Wagner has a had a great pre season and has been very impressive since arriving at the club. But yes first year players rarely get a crack, Apart from L Mac and Kayne Turner, If memory serves correctly Kieran Harper and Shaun atley (and perhaps mullet?) were the last teen debutants at the club. iN the same video Jed Anderson is mentioned by two players, sounds like he'll be a regular best 22 and should be relatively cheap.

Last edited:

Think wellsy was around 350k last year....shouod be cheaper this year. If he's fit he's in my team, maybe the heart ruling the head, but given his recent record reckon others will be tagged before him and he could well increase a lot in value very quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoa, I read he was $340k odd. If that is true it changes everything. Wells at $243k is picked in my SC team if he gets named R1, even on a below average preseason.

Thanks all for the feedback. The injury issues are a concern but if he can get through new year training without any setbacks he climbs the watchlist.

Is the 2016 version of Supercoach already up and going ? my nephew just sent me a screenshot of his team for this year,
Goldy @ $695,100, must be No 1 priced player, Fyfe was $670,600
Team picker is up for 2015 SC Gold members. Full version shouldn't be far off.

So anyone wanting to screenshot their final 2015 results for placement in 2016 leagues should hurry up.

Thoughts on Cunnington for a DT keepers... think he will develop into an 100av Mid?
Elite contested possession winner, less so re scoreboard impact and picking up cheap possessions. Not knowing DT scoring so much I wouldn't even guess an average.

But for a keepers league you'd have to think Swallow will be worn out in a couple more years and Cunnington has always played better as the main man. And until then he'll be consistent. Won't throw in the wild swings from 50-150 that Ziebell will.

How's Jed Anderson tracking? His job security should be pretty high?
Good trade by the way, I rate him.
Training hard, no injuries or concerns, impressed a few like Ziebell and Swallow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back