Official Club Stuff 2018 Doig Medal

Remove this Banner Ad

Your comment was deserving of it, that's why!

People dont just up and move across country if they are truly happy with the circumstances they are currently in. He has every right to go if he believes things arent going in the right direction for himself. The fact you believe it's all about the money shows your blind faith in the club!
In an industry where the average playing career is short a player must make the most out of his contracts. It's just common sense. This off-season or next is Lachie's last chance for a big contract. It's pure business but go ahead and make a mountain out of a molehill..

Why can't it be about money? If it's close to the reported $1,000,000 a year for five then it's far above what his value is and he should make the most of that.

The difference between Lachie Neale and Josh Kelly isn't much, but it's enough.

If it is indeed $1m/pa, he would be stupid not to go. If he was leaving to chase Premierships, well then I would be booing him like many clueless Eagles fans do to umpires, but that's clearly not the case here!

Do what is right for you and your family, Lachie!!!

First night at a Doig.

Bit embarrassed with some of my photos this morning. There was a lot of beer to drink.

Went by myself and sat with randoms.

Reading between the lines it looks like Woodside is out as soon as their commitment ends.

Neale not giving much away last night. I personally told him do what is best for you. It's a professional workplace after all.

Langdon is a top footballer and all round individual.

McCarthy has a ridiculously good looking misses for his type.

Your comment was deserving of it, that's why!

People dont just up and move across country if they are truly happy with the circumstances they are currently in. He has every right to go if he believes things arent going in the right direction for himself. The fact you believe it's all about the money shows your blind faith in the club!

So you believe he wasn’t telling the truth in his Doig speech? Just maybe your blind hatred for the club, or at least its leaders, is colouring your judgement?

Poor Johnno, still carrying the guilt of his off field stuff ups. Hope he can let it go through his retirement and know it means nothing relatively in the context of his career at Freo. Absolute champion for the club.
He's definitely not a poor. Did you see his speech? He spoke like a man of dignity. Respect Michael. And you know what? We used to stand around in groups drinking and someone would call drop your dacks and a lot of blokes would. It was a game, for fun. Things change.

Cox accepted that award like our forward line receives a ball being launched inside 50.... "s**t, I didn't expect that, what do I do?"
I had to google how old he was again and I was surprised he was only 20. They go pretty well for their age. Fyfe is so eloquent, public speaking comes easy to him, but his problem seemed to be down on his lower thigh. He kept feeling it, grabbing it. Did anyone else see this? What do you reckon was going on?

LOL am I reading this thread correctly, that people think Neale is only leaving is for the money? Brisbane could offer him twice the money we are and he wouldn't leave if he thought we had a chance of a flag anytime soon.

Sorry Fyfe but Ed does it better

Do1F7vdU0AATQRu.jpg:large
What a great photo that is. I see comradery and joy. I'm wrapped those two are in my team. Langdon does seem to be out man running Fyfe! Who knew. That's something else I like about our team, they are a very good looking team. When they sing the national anthem and the camera pans the west coast line up, I laugh for the ugliness of them. We got the looks.

Just noticed Hamling polled more votes this year from 18 games compared to 22 games last year. You would think he'll come close to winning one in his career, especially if we improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think you guys are jumping at shadows. If you saw Fyfe, Mundy, Neale and Langdon interacting on stage after his speech you would be very confident there is no issue between Fyfe and Neale. Must admit Langdon was like the kid who is not quite sure if he is in the popular group or not though ;) They were also sitting at the same table at the Doig, on either side of Brayshaw, which probably also gives you an indication of how much we value Andrew as well.

I'm not saying Lachie has no issues with Freo (I think most people have some problems with various things at their workplaces) but I think this is mostly about our ability to give him the kind of contract that Brisbane is willing to. If the rumours it is close to $1m per season for 5 years I could see us questioning whether that's in our best interests given our need to recruit a gun key forward. No doubt we want to retain him but can also see him leaving being a win win in the long term.
Yeah way to go. I hope we pay him what he's worth now and he stays. I reckon it should be compulsory viewing for all those who enter the Fremantle forums. It would dispel so many negative perceptions. It would inspire, enthuse, give hope for the future, a confidence in things and some excitement. See the reality. Watch the visuals and listen to the speeches and restore the faith. For those who feel like the arse of your passion for Fremantle has fallen out, watch a replay of the doing medal and listen to the speeches.

Just noticed Hamling polled more votes this year from 18 games compared to 22 games last year. You would think he'll come close to winning one in his career, especially if we improve.
Our backline. It can be anything. I can't wait for next season.

I wanted to say what a beautiful man jonno has become. Listening to his words. You'd be hard put to find a bloke that spoke with so much character and intelligence and generally all round niceness and inclusivity. He will become a wonderful elder. Much respect Michael.

LOL am I reading this thread correctly, that people think Neale is only leaving is for the money? Brisbane could offer him twice the money we are and he wouldn't leave if he thought we had a chance of a flag anytime soon.

Brisbane won 5 games last year and their highest finish this decade is 12th. If a flag is the most important thing to him there's about a dozen better options than the Lions. I've heard they're a talented group on the cusp of breaking out for over a decade now but they're still yet to prove anything

Seriously, they applied for a priority pick this year! Hardly screams imminent flag contender.

What a great photo that is. I see comradery and joy. I'm wrapped those two are in my team. Langdon does seem to be out man running Fyfe! Who knew. That's something else I like about our team, they are a very good looking team. When they sing the national anthem and the camera pans the west coast line up, I laugh for the ugliness of them. We got the looks.

Who cares how s**t we are, just as long as we look good doing it :cool:

Brisbane won 5 games last year and their highest finish this decade is 12th. If a flag is the most important thing to him there's about a dozen better options than the Lions. I've heard they're a talented group on the cusp of breaking out for over a decade now but they're still yet to prove anything

Seriously, they applied for a priority pick this year! Hardly screams imminent flag contender.

There is so much more to rebuilding than the wins column!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back