2018 - THE YEAR OF THE GOLD COAST

Remove this Banner Ad

GC2015

Norm Smith Medallist
May 27, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I want to preface this by saying the following is a series of predictions that have come from a dream I had last night. In the past I have had dreams that have correctly predicted the future so I thought I would share with ya'll.

• Australia will win the Commonwealth Games on the Gold Coast in 2018.
  • We are going to win our first premiership in 2018.
  • We will come close twice in the next three years. That will either be two prelim losses or one prelim loss and one Grand Final loss.
  • Our premiership coach will be the second in the club's history.
  • Our captain will come from the 2010 draft class but will not have gone in the top 10 picks.
  • The most talented Gold Coaster since Nick Riewoldt will come out of our academy in 2018 and will be drafted to the Suns.
  • There will be a second tenant at Metricon by 2018.

You forgot to add

I will own a private corporate box at Metricon

a94a48dbbc3ae765c6e7926a8edb772638542916391e807a3fb4dbe6877d348e.jpg

I want to preface this by saying the following is a series of predictions that have come from a dream I had last night. In the past I have had dreams that have correctly predicted the future so I thought I would share with ya'll.

• We will come close twice in the next three years. That will either be two prelim losses or one prelim loss and one Grand Final loss.
  • Our premiership coach will be the second in the club's history.
  • Our captain will come from the 2010 draft class but will not have gone in the top 10 picks.
  • The most talented Gold Coaster since Nick Riewoldt will come out of our academy in 2018 and will be drafted to the Suns.
  • There will be a second tenant at Metricon by 2018.

You can remember that much from your dreams?

• We will come close twice in the next three years. That will either be two prelim losses or one prelim loss and one Grand Final loss. Hmmm
  • Our premiership coach will be the second in the club's history. Rocket :D:D
  • Our captain will come from the 2010 draft class but will not have gone in the top 10 picks. Lynch 11
  • The most talented Gold Coaster since Nick Riewoldt will come out of our academy in 2018 and will be drafted to the Suns. Bowes almost
  • There will be a second tenant at Metricon by 2018. BBL?

Imagine if the dream was a nightmare

Harley and Karmichael develop nasal issues

Dixon, Dion and JOM ask for trades

Our captain steps down and then try's to hold the club to ransom in the media

GWS beat us by 100 points

We are the worst team in Qld

Still a bottom 2 team 7 years in

Nah...... couldn't happen

• We will come close twice in the next three years. That will either be two prelim losses or one prelim loss and one Grand Final loss. Hmmm
  • Our premiership coach will be the second in the club's history. Rocket :D:D
  • Our captain will come from the 2010 draft class but will not have gone in the top 10 picks. Lynch 11
  • The most talented Gold Coaster since Nick Riewoldt will come out of our academy in 2018 and will be drafted to the Suns. Bowes almost
  • There will be a second tenant at Metricon by 2018. BBL?
Nice bump. Almost all of those predictions seem plausible:
  • We (Australia) are a good chance to finish first in the medal tally for the Comm Games next year.
  • A Gold Coast premiership next year is obviously possible but you'd think the team would have to play finals this year for the experience to count next year.
  • Two close calls are impossible at this stage. However, a prelim appearance this year could be a possibility if everything goes right.
  • Rocket is the club's second coach so that's still on the cards.
  • Lynch (pick 11) and/or May (zone pick) are very likely to captain next year.
  • Bailey Scott? The word is that the kid is special and is a Gold Coast local.
  • BBL makes the most sense in terms of a second tenant at Metricon and I think it would be very surprising to not see the Brisbane Heat play a home game at Metricon in the 2018-19 season.
Dare to dream, right?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back