NRL 2019 NRL Grand Final: Sydney Roosters v Canberra Raiders

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't watch much Rugby League but that was an absolute rort! How the **** can a ref wave six then reverse it during play? Is this the type of refeering that goes on in RL? now I understand all the League doom and gloom that I keep hearing and reading on social media. Might as well watch WWE seems like the some rigged shit. I feel for the Raiders players and fans they must be wanting to riort through the Heart of Sydney tonight and I wouldn't blame them if they do!

Cant have THAT much ball vs a team as good as the roosters and not put them away

Yeah, that's what it comes down to really. Canberra had their chances, at times against 12. Have played some great footy, but just couldn't get there. They'll be strong in 2020.

Maybe I'm hyper emotional as a Raiders fan who sees them as my down-trodden team, who are routinely ****ed by the establishment.

Maybe I have a short memory.

But for all the inflammatory bullshit you see on this forum about refs/umpires across different codes... I can't think of a single big match in Australian sport that was so clearly decided by a refereeing debacle. By the referee himself.

This is a ****ing outrage, our fans should be burning the stadium down.

What a joke. Sitting here utterly devastated 😞
They don't take that tackle if they're thinking it's the last tackle they wouldve kicked completely changing the play.

Some credit does have to to go to the roosters for holding on so we'll one man down which gave them the chance to snatch it.

Can someone who actually understands the rules and the actual game critique the bunker's call on the possible penalty try?

Did they get that decision right?

I don't know League well enough but seeing as though Cronk was the only person between the Canberra forward and the try line. How can they make that decision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone who actually understands the rules and the actual game critique the bunker's call on the possible penalty try?

I don't know League well enough but seeing as though Cronk was the only person between the Canberra forward and the try line. How can they make that decision?
Probably made on the basis that he was still too far from the line that even without Cronk's intervention there was still reasonable doubt that he'd complete the play and score the try I'd assume.

It was the right call not to award the penalty try.

Don't support either side and i'm seething, the Raiders were robbed.

The Ricky Stuart presser will be interesting, hopefully he let's rip.

The decision was 100% correct.

Overlooked with all that went on but this was a low scoring grand final. Winner won with 14 points.

Wasn’t clear that Papagli would get to the try which is why - he was still 7-8m back. Was definitely a professional (no matter what Gus Gould says).

As I said earlier, if you are not a rooster a fan, that grand final is just a massive lowlight and you can't take anything from the result. Still don't know who is the best side, it was that much of a blunder. Embarrassing

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Not a Roosters fan, and I still enjoyed it. If Canberra couldn't score but once in the preceding 70 minutes or so, I'm not sure they would have even with another set of 6, or even with another bomb (or whatever they would have done if they knew it was still the 5th).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back