Opinion 2020 Draft #2: 1/9/22/23/40/80 (2021 + Melb 2nd, Haw 4th, Freo 4th)

Who will Adelaide select with pick 1?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

KEY DATES

Oct 30 – Nov 6: AFL Free Agency Period
November 4 – 12: AFL Trade Period
November 20: List Lodgment 1
November 27: List Lodgment 2
November 30: AFL Draft Nominations close
w/c December 7: NAB AFL Draft and Rookie Draft (exact date to be confirmed in due course)
Mid-December: Final List Lodgment & TPP estimates

As God is my witness, finding anything useful on the AFL.com.au site is practically impossible, may whoever designed it burn in hell.

They have given up on Peter Wright, I’m sure they are close to that with Day, they lost May, Luko looks like a running defender and they would have to be slightly worried about the Saints poaching King. It makes perfect sense for them to be looking talls, forward or back.
Then it makes sense if they can't trade up to get McDonald or DGB (Thilthorpe is too similar to King)..maybe they should trade down to one of Essendons picks or even our pick to grab Cox or Reid and maybe get some extra 2021 collateral.

I’ve heard they want another tall forward to support King

they’d be very keen on McDonald IMO as he’d be the perfect foil to King
That does make sense, I mean Sam Day isn't the player they thought he'd be either.

They're stacked for midfielders, their tall defenders are solid enough too.

BTW it’s absurd that the AFL is letting GC not only just grab any of their NGA or NT talent without matching, but also letting them trade out their picks that they consequently don’t need into next year. It’s the consessions that just keep giving.
Why don’t they just let them start the season on +12 points and be done with it.

Then it makes sense if they can't trade up to get McDonald or DGB (Thilthorpe is too similar to King)..maybe they should trade down to one of Essendons picks or even our pick to grab Cox or Reid and maybe get some extra 2021 collateral.
yeah, GC are a great chance to go either up or down. Probably more likely than staying put to be fair.

i am still fascinated by Collingwood. They have never had this level of negative press, so I can see them giving up massively to get up and make a good news story.

The reason we're not getting pick 5 is because GC won't give it to us - as has been explained several times already in this thread. GC are only making 1 selection in this draft. They have zero interest in downgrading from 5 to 9, and acquiring picks that they will never use. They want to move up in the draft not down.

Yes, Adelaide will probably be looking to improve its draft position by trading picks 9/22/23 - but there's 0% chance of us landing pick 5 as a result.

Sorry for biting your head off, I'm just getting sick of the endless stream of stupid ****ers who insist on posting phantom drafts with us using pick #5, which is never going to happen. Your post just happened to be the straw which broke the camel's back.

It's looking like 4-5 picks, including matching a bid on Borlase. They'll take Newchurch as a Cat B rookie, but they won't match any bids on him in the ND.

We will 100% match a bid on Newchurch.

FMD, the guy is a whipping boy and has not even been drafted yet, Adelaide BF fans hey 🙃

*I come in peace*
Personally i see Thilthorpe as being the safer option and he could well prove me wrong but i see hollands as having that higher ceiling. Someone who could become a generational type midfield/fwd player but obviously has that ACL hence being a bit risky. I dont see either as flight risks of course so think these are the two to weigh up if im in the crows shoes. Who do you prefer or are a lot of you onto the idea of Mcdonald as well?

*I come in peace*
Personally i see Thilthorpe as being the safer option and he could well prove me wrong but i see hollands as having that higher ceiling. Someone who could become a generational type midfield/fwd player but obviously has that ACL hence being a bit risky. I dont see either as flight risks of course so think these are the two to weigh up if im in the crows shoes. Who do you prefer or are a lot of you onto the idea of Mcdonald as well?

Hollands please. Preferably trade 1 to North for 2, take Hollands at 2, then try and move up to take Thilthorpe. That's the dream.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

*I come in peace*
either hollands or mcdonald. I want hollands but wouldnt be unhappy if we picked mcdonald. picking thilthorpe at 1 is a joke.

We will 100% match a bid on Newchurch.

FMD, the guy is a whipping boy and has not even been drafted yet, Adelaide BF fans hey 🙃
Not with our 1st 4 picks we won't, not a chance IMO.

If we really wanted thilly ... and we knew the others weren't interested... wouldn't you trade down?
Would rather take a player that everyone wants. If we are not taking a player due to a possible go home factor what's the point of pick 1.

What if the club genuinely rates thilthorpe ahead of mcdonald and hollands
They can't based off this year in regards to McDonald. The club has a knack of picking players with their high end picks that they could have picked up at a higher pick. Would just like to see the club back itself in if they are worried about go home factor.

When will they admit it's a failed experiment ?? When King, Luko, Rankine and last years 2 leave ??

They've been handed talent every year and realistically not getting much better.

Probably when the AFL becomes unprofitable.

They'll hold onto Gold Coast for dear life until then, after all, it's the 8th most populated city/region in Australia, and the likely next one to get to 1 million population, so they'll realistically do everything in their power to force it to work. I'm expecting Newcastle to get an AFL team in the not too distant future as well, again, following population growth and trying to hit areas which will end up 1mil+ populations in the next 20-30 years.

Last edited:
Probably when the AFL becomes unprofitable.

They'll hold onto Gold Coast for dear life until then, after all, it's the 8th most populated city in Australia, and the likely next one to get to 1 million population.
And they'll claim "we made it work when no one else could"

if hollands hadnt done a knee and he still thought thilthorpe was the better talent? Id say slap yourself.
And if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle

You are also ignoring u16 and u17 form agaibst his peers as part of the assessment. Also where was mcdonald ranked at the start of the year..yes he had 5 very good games in an 8 game season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back