Training 2021 Pre-season Training

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know when the Swans will announce the team for tomorrow?

Not sure we will see much of an announcement given it’s likely that the majority of the available players will be getting a go at some point during the (extended) game.

I can't think of anything I'd like to watch more in the pre-season than the Swans giving all of the players a game until they're too stuffed to play any more.

The only problem is it starts at midnight, GMT. Frack. I can't remember the last time I watched anything live. 9/11 maybe.

Does anyone know if it'll be available to watch later ?

I can't think of anything I'd like to watch more in the pre-season than the Swans giving all of the players a game until they're too stuffed to play any more.

The only problem is it starts at midnight, GMT. Frack. I can't remember the last time I watched anything live. 9/11 maybe.

Collingwood has a replay of their game just posted on their website. Good chance Swans match will be posted online a couple days later

Saw on Twitter the Swans confirmed they will have a replay up after the match, though how long 'after' they mean, I don't know.

Collingwood has a replay of their game just posted on their website. Good chance Swans match will be posted online a couple days later
Cheers mate. I watched (rather I squinted) for the first 3/4 before calling it a night. Too tired, laptop screen, poor quality stream, too hard to make out the new players especially when the commentators weren't calling them but were too busy waffling.

Highlights ?

There were highlights ?

It looks like we're in for another season of the goal-kicking yips, led once again by Papley. Didn't anyone think to buy Tommy a barn for Christmas ? Paint a big target on the side with the words "HIT ME" and a few bags of fresh sherrins.

Why is Reid the only Swan (besides maybe Kennedy and Rowbum) who can play clean below his knees ? I lost count of how many times he scooped up a damp ball and fired off a quick handball. I know it's early season but what skills have we been training for ? FFS, most of the players reminded me of the late great highwire acrobatic troupe The Flying Fumbleynees (May they rest in peace).

Heeney would do better playing honest footy instead of flash footy. Maybe there were too many trying to impress but I thought the Ginats were better drilled and stuck to the basics in the damp. Foxy was good. What a ferocious terrier. Gulden and Campbell both gutsy efforts. Bell worked hard but he's far from clean. Hickey looked good. Lots of OK players, especially for a first hit out.

Paps, Heeney and Blakey need to do nothing but kick at goal for the next few weeks. Rampe was missed as a leader, and not much help as a commentator. The backline was a bit chaotic at times. It needed organisation. Liked Ling's impact. He doesn't seem to want to take a step backwards.Gould is a freakin' bulldozer. Shame he couldn't have lined up Mummy (unless he did and I was asleep). Joey, Parks etc all looked good but this was about the youngsters and most have a very long way to go yet.

All in all not a bad hit out. No shortage of stuff to work on. FFS Swans TV, skip the live streams and put up a match video. Does a few hours later even matter ? Who spends Saturday inside watching footy anyway ? A live stream might be OK if the game's important and the points count but this game was all about watching the young guys have a crack, and at that it failed miserably.

Now I'm tired and grumpy and want to go back to bed

Who spends Saturday inside watching footy? Literally footy fans.

Maybe not for you as you clearly don’t get any enjoyment out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just wondering. Do we play a reserves game v GWS this weekend as well? It would be great if we do as it would give both squads a chance to have a run around and get some cohesion under match conditions. It would also set the reserves up in their quest to play the Vic sides this season with good match conditioning.

It would also give us a chance to have a look at all players under match conditions and see how they are faring.

On JAT-L29 using BigFooty.com mobile app

No!!!

The opposite!!
Yes versing in this context is definitely incorrect. Versing, meaning getting to know, learning, to endow one's self with knowledge, is a reference to learning lines for a play or a recital of poetry. To learn verse.

'Versing ones self with the intracies of the cadence of the lines.'

To use it instead of vie is to destroy the language.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You live in UK?

Yeah he's 3rd defender for sure.
Yes he is only 191. Because he looks like a runaway train people think he is really tall. But he isn't. I mean KPP 1 & 2 are generally 195-6 these days. Definitely 3rd defender.

If he can manage to put it together this will allow us to use Rampe as an attacking weapon like we did when he first started. He was sensational on the HBF.

We need a bevy of blokes in the twos who are playing really good footy in the midfield, to put pressure on the mid fielders in the ones. Warner will be required to do just that - and like you, I am not yet sold that we have the cattle to get it done. I have real hopes.....but they need to be realised. Blakey could be a weapon as a mid fielder but has shown that he can be as useless as any bloke with a big head and who drinks his own bathwater and Florent has the potential but is so inconsistent. This year will sort out a few and we may still be looking for mid fielders in next year's draft if that's the way it falls.
The problem with Blakey on the inside is his body. He tends to get very battered and bruised due to his slim frame. Same pkaying KKP. He is better on a wing and proved so in the latter part of last year.

The midfield mix will come down to these guys:

Kennedy, Parker, Hewett, Mills, Florent, Rowbottom, Warner, Gulden, Campbell, Sheather, Clarke, Gray & Taylor.

Other players who may play through there:
Papley, Bell, Wicks, Ronke, Stephens, Cunningham, Lloyd, Dawson, Ling, Rampe. The last two probably not but they are both capable.

There are multiple options in the mids because we have so many players who have been asked to play many different roles over their journey with us. I think we have a very healthy mix. As to Warner. I think he is close to being a permanent mid. He is tough, uncompromising, sharp, a good extractor, delivers the ball well. Can get his own ball and makes his opponent pay. I like him.

Who spends Saturday inside watching footy? Literally footy fans.

Maybe not for you as you clearly don’t get any enjoyment out of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't assume. It make an ass out of u and me

Very happy to watch footy live outside but I pefer not to sit inside watching TV during the day. I'm a huge fan but I have a life too.

Sadly yes. SE England. The UK has been pox paradise through this winter but I live in the countryside, spring is here now and the weather's getting nice again. Spring in SE England is quite lovely. Dry, still, sunny days
Are you English? If you are Australian, Aussie usually use UK as a wonderful stop off on the way to somewhere else and disappear by Winter or after their first winter. The ones who stay generally work in entertainment or misappropriation of jewelery haha.

Anyway have a lovely time in the UK spring. At least you are in the South and not the DOUR North

Are you English? If you are Australian, Aussie usually use UK as a wonderful stop off on the way to somewhere else and disappear by Winter or after their first winter. The ones who stay generally work in entertainment or misappropriation of jewelery haha.

Anyway have a lovely time in the UK spring. At least you are in the South and not the DOUR North

I'm Aussie with Irish passport, but been kicking aound Europe for 20 years now. UK 9 years. Kids are at school here. I rob banks and jewellery stores for a living ;)

The problem with Blakey on the inside is his body. He tends to get very battered and bruised due to his slim frame. Same pkaying KKP. He is better on a wing and proved so in the latter part of last year.

The midfield mix will come down to these guys:

Kennedy, Parker, Hewett, Mills, Florent, Rowbottom, Warner, Gulden, Campbell, Sheather, Clarke, Gray & Taylor.

Other players who may play through there:
Papley, Bell, Wicks, Ronke, Stephens, Cunningham, Lloyd, Dawson, Ling, Rampe. The last two probably not but they are both capable.

There are multiple options in the mids because we have so many players who have been asked to play many different roles over their journey with us. I think we have a very healthy mix. As to Warner. I think he is close to being a permanent mid. He is tough, uncompromising, sharp, a good extractor, delivers the ball well. Can get his own ball and makes his opponent pay. I like him.

No spot for Justin Mcinerny?

Don't assume. It make an ass out of u and me

Very happy to watch footy live outside but I pefer not to sit inside watching TV during the day. I'm a huge fan but I have a life too.

Funnily enough, I've stopped watching games in the daytime on TV in the last couple of years. I'm enjoying more fiddling in the garage and listening on the radio. I'll usually watch a replay later but losing a Saturday afternoon just watching it on TV leaves me a bit frustrated at wasting the day.

No spot for Justin Mcinerny?

On the contrary he is an outside mid not inside. Notice I have said Blakey would not be advisable in the inside role due to his frame. McInnerney is HB or Wing not inside. Anyway he along with Stephens & Hewett will probably not be ready for round 1. Their preparation is a little behind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back