Training Pre Season - Who's deadset training the house down 2024 style.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they will bother.
Sources say that Mills is proving to be an exceptional pointer and can do the job with one (injured) hand behind his back !!!
Jared McPoint wanted me to point out that he and his brother Mark McPoint will be doing the heavy pointing. I'm told there's no point Mills risking his shoulder, other than to point out what needs pointing at.

Jared McPoint wanted me to point out that he and his brother Mark McPoint will be doing the heavy pointing. I'm told there's no point Mills risking his shoulder, other than to point out what needs pointing at.
Yes, that is the point.
With all that pointing, I don’t see the point in appointing a leadership team.

Only through injuries this year you would expect unless he shows some amazing form before the bye then maybe in the back half of the year

I really doubt it, but if we get any more injuries to midfielders, then who knows?

Ha … good choice…

Seems to have had a good pre season. Smart, tough as teak youngster has a decent chance of a debut. The way our mids are going down CCs debut may be earlier than planned. :(

Given our current injuries nothing is impossible but you'd think he'd be a long shot to debut. We have Adams, Parker, Mills to return plus those (currently) in front of Cleary include Jordon, Roberts and Sheldrick (who will all likely play this week but not guaranteed) and also Corey Warner is likely to be picked before Cleary (despite their somewhat different roles). Probably ditto for Caleb Mitchell, although I wouldn't expect Mitchell to be selected for an inside role and Cleary might be.

Thanks for the replies guys, doubt I'll need him to debut this year, it's his career I picked him for, just seems to have the right style that suits the modern game.

Thanks for the replies guys, doubt I'll need him to debut this year, it's his career I picked him for, just seems to have the right style that suits the modern game.
Very likely a 200 gamer once Parker and Adams move on. Saw him play VFL last year in the mids against the eventual premiers and he went just fine. Already has a good tank and hard as a cat's head 😺

Does it seem weird that the extended leadership group hasn't been announced yet, with 1 DAY until our first game of the season?

Maybe they’ve had a change in approach?

Three captains into one was one change. Perhaps they have implored on the playing group that they are all leaders and that no such appointed specific group exists anymore?

The TV lead in to the Brisbane practice match had a drone fly over/through the SCG and there were six players standing on the upper deck of The Member's Stand facing out to the ground;

Front; Heeney, Grundy & Mills
Rear; Chad, Papley, Parker.

Although it was Errol who tossed the coin at the game.

So.....:confusedv1:

I think most of us would have thought Errol was a monty as a future captain, but perhaps with all the hype, step back for a moment, of course that assumes the 'balcony six' is somehow relevant?

The TV lead in to the Brisbane practice match had a drone fly over/through the SCG and there were six players standing on the upper deck of The Member's Stand facing out to the ground;

Front; Heeney, Grundy & Mills
Rear; Chad, Papley, Parker.

Although it was Errol who tossed the coin at the game.

So.....:confusedv1:

I think most of us would have thought Errol was a monty as a future captain, but perhaps with all the hype, step back for a moment, of course that assumes the 'balcony six' is somehow relevant?
Welcome back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jake Lloyd is the best Swans player.

OK closing the thread for good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back