Autopsy Started off 2024 in style terrific hard fought win against Melbourne by 22 points

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Heeney was just BOG by a mile.

Grundy worth the price and more turned the game in the 3rd, Wicks thankgod we didnt wait to long to sub him in.

Papley was lively, Warner hailmary from 60 eventually payed off but still would like to see him know his limitations.

Blakey very good overall our defence was solid without to much fuss.

Forward line did not work till we subbed a tall out for Wicks so going forward i dont know how Amartey, Logan and McLean will work efficiently.

Yes!! Already seeing a huge difference compared to previous seasons because that is dead set the sort of game we’d have lost in years past. Lost count of the amount of times we’ve looked the better side in a first half only for our opponents to close in the third and then run over us late, so to pull away from them steamroll them in the final term was mega pleasing - especially with the players that were missing.

Loved Grundy’s work. Heeney really stepped up as that big bodied midfielder who looked dangerous when he floated forward too.

Early days but I reckon we have a lot to look forward to.

Pretty pleasing result by a fn awesome club tbh

We've done the work over pre season. Ran it out like bosses. Game plan looks to be evolving. Grundy is going to seriously enable us just awesome he is hungry. Rampe looks fit, everyone looks fit

Backs ✅
Mids ✅
KPFs 🤔 but we'll stay tuned

Heeney Grundy 🔥 🔥
Blakey a lock for all australian
Papley is so good
Love Chad
Melican was the answer all along

Unchanged and suck s**t Dees

Good result.

Grundy was highly impressive. Was better than Gawn throughout.

Gulden one of his quieter games

Warner was the catalyst in the last quarter

Heeney showing what he is capable of.

Blakey had a lot of great moment off half-back

Roberts, McCartin, Rowbottom, and a few others good.

Great start to the year!

Umpires carried them

Heeney awesome

Grudny brilliant

Jmac and Rowy good all day

When it was to be won, Warner Gulden Lizard stood up

Defence solid, eg Melican late spoil on Fitsch

We worked hard

Amartey was unfit, sub fixed the side

cant complain about that win

Heeney was massive. Did everything we've always wanted him to in the middle.

Really hoping it was just some mystery injury holding him back and this is the real him. Let's see.

Blakey next best for mine. No one in the comp can do what he can. Ridiculous.

Grundy was consistent all night and was probably the difference between winning and losing tonight.

Warner was huge in the last.

McInerney and Hayward both cracked in all night and loved Melicans work too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a win! I had more and more confidence in the team getting closer to the game.

Heeney was massive in the mids.

Lloyd finally moving back to the wing - we've been calling it for years. I'm glad Roberts who had a decent game has pushed Lloyd out and he can now use his running ability along the wing.

Our mids is compeltely different with a strong ruckman.

If Reid is fit, he comes back straight for Amartey. He is still a level below Logan and McLean.

But Armatey - just seems hapless. Not sure we can persist with the 3 talls.
I hate to keep harping on it but yeah, he simply has to learn to play consistent footy in the 2s before he wastes any more opportunities in the seniors. Really hope Reids body can hold up because he could be absolutely pivotal this year.

Up the fckn Swom!

Heeney and rowbum phenomenal. Grundy far out, that's what a proper ruck does for you, turned our midfield fortunes on its head and all it took was a minute, and that's with an undergunned midfield. Warner lifted just when he needed to.

Everyone played their role today. Cunningham, Melican, Hayward, fox, the whole lot really. The maturity is clear as day.

Grundy was bloody awesome. Matched Gawn for a half then blew him away. Looks like he will continue our tradition of successfully recycling an unwanted ruck.

Best game I've seen Heeney play in a long time. His clearance work was first rate and he was a big presence in tight.

Great contributions from Papley, Hayward, Blakey, Rowbottom and Chad. Fox did his job (as a forward) as always. Our defence was rock solid.

Alot to like from tonight, bring on the Pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back