2021 Tour de France

And that's not noteworthy?

Also Padun took his first World Tour level win in the Criterium on the Queen stage and then took another mountain stage the following day.

And then left off Bahrain's TDF team.

Certainly been a bit of gossip about.
I'm saying that there are more suspect cases but they're from French teams

His target was always the Vuelta from memory

Pogs peds are top shelf. Have a feeling he could have easily attacked from further out and won by more.

Pogacar wins polka dots because of two mountain top finishes. The fact that they're worth double is actual crap. He only got points in 6 competitions but wins it because two combined are worth 80? Give me a break. If they take that away he doesn't even get in the top 5.

As for the doping s**t, * off. They're all doing it. They have to ride nearly 3,500 km in three weeks. I challenge anybody in the world to do that without some sort of enhancement.

Polka dots if HC climbs at the finish were worth 20 instead of 40:

Poels 88
Woods 72
Van Aert 68
Pogacar 67
Quintana 66
Vingegaard 52

Like I get that it should be weighted to the larger climbs but they do that already. Even without the double points the HC climb is worth more than a Cat 1, 2, 3 and4 combined. There is no need to double it for mountain top finishes

Did you see the date of the tweet?
Richie's crash on stage 9 of the TDF in 2017.

Least Kirby could have managed was get Porte's name right.

And for once I'm in Ineos' camp Kirby is bloody awful.

I am fully aware of the date of the tweet - I'm surprised that you would re-publish a rubbish tweet from four years ago - It says alot about you.

Smart from Carapaz.

Next decade of Vingegard, Pogacar, Evenepoel, Geoghan Hart, O'Connor, Hindley and Bernal will be brilliant to watch. I am definitely overrating Hindley but I don't care. Hope all of them plus Roglic are doing the Vuelta.

The 2020 Giro was a mirage - I'd be surprised if Geoghan Hart or Hindley ever finish on the podium of a GT - I reserve judgement on Evenepoel as to what kind of rider he will turn out to be in the future.

Apart from Colbrelli in the mountains there's been nothing out of the ordinary.

You forget about Padun's outrageous performances at the Dauphine - Then Mader jumped out of the ground - In saying that, when French Police raided Arkea Samsic at the 2020 TDF nothing ever eventuated.

This is a classic TDF route but it makes for a boring ending to the race with one nailed on sprint finish, one probable sprint finish and an ITT which has a significant effect on GC, every 20 or 30 years.

Good ride by O'Connor who rode within his limitations in the last two stages.

The reason Pogacar got the Polka Dot Jersey is because of poor course design. When you have mountainous stages start with 100 kms of flat it's hard for a breakaway to gain sufficient time to win the stage - Actually the design of the high mountain stages has been a disaster with descent finishes which neutralise the final climb, yet the design of the transitional stages has been clever.

As for the doping sh*t, fu** off. They're all doing it. They have to ride nearly 3,500 km in three weeks. I challenge anybody in the world to do that without some sort of enhancement.
Can't help but raise a wry smile at this coming from a Bombers supporter. :p
You are so sure it can't be done without cheating?
And if they are doing it with natural giftedness and training...?
Do we have the right to insinuate everyone like that?
Think of Pharlap...had an unusually big heart. I think of Sam Walsh...he can run all day...just born that way.
They might not all be cheating.
I realised if it was Ben doing this I'd be cheering instead of accusing.
Hard to know.
Let's hope testing standards have lifted since Lance.

Can't help but raise a wry smile at this coming from a Bombers supporter. :p
You are so sure it can't be done without cheating?
And if they are doing it with natural giftedness and training...?
Do we have the right to insinuate everyone like that?
Think of Pharlap...had an unusually big heart. I think of Sam Walsh...he can run all day...just born that way.
They might not all be cheating.
I realised if it was Ben doing this I'd be cheering instead of accusing.
Hard to know.
Let's hope testing standards have lifted since Lance.
You're delusional to think any of them aren't doping. And yeah, they'd struggle to ride two weeks without doing it.

As for the doping sh*t, fu** off. They're all doing it. They have to ride nearly 3,500 km in three weeks. I challenge anybody in the world to do that without some sort of enhancement.
While this is undoubtedly true, Pog & Colbrelli have clearly been "next levelling" it compared to the other riders.

Pogacar wins polka dots because of two mountain top finishes. The fact that they're worth double is actual crap. He only got points in 6 competitions but wins it because two combined are worth 80? Give me a break. If they take that away he doesn't even get in the top 5.

Why shouldn't they be worth double? It's a stage win at the top of a climb. The points classification is the same - it's actually 2.5 times more than an intermediate sprint. We've seen riders in the past such as Virenque and Jalabert take out the polka dot with mountain top finishes. No one else is capable at the moment. It's a Pogacar and daylight. We're in a phase right now were one-day classics is where the real competition is in cycling. We don't have dominance like a Cancellera or Boonen

Back