Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Weren't expecting this after midnight were you?

Apologies for the delay folks. Was busy at work and then caught up for dinner with some friends. Anyway, here we go...

It was a cold and grey morning down at Waverley with a reasonable breeze and occasional bouts of sunshine.

Once the boys warmed up it was non stop activity all over the oval for 90 minutes. Given it was my first session it took a while to get my training eye in and I reckon it will be another session or two before I am at full viewing fitness.

My major observation of the day overall was the level of enthusiasm and noise amongst all of the players and coaches. It's obvious how much they are all enjoying being out there.

No shows, as far as I could tell were Impey and Jeka. Jeka sat and watched on the side-lines, I think because he tweaked but Impey was nowhere to be seen.

As far as the new guys go, I was keen to see if the hype around Weddle is justified, and it surely is. The man is everything that other training reports have said he is. He could be anything.

All of the new guys look like they can play, particularly liked the look of Bailey Macdonald, Hustwaite and of course Mackenzie.

Newc was in beast mode all morning dominating wherever he went. Still find it hard to believe that we got him for almost nothing. His highlight of the day was reading the tap from big Ned Reeves, taking clean possession, spinning 360 degs to avoid the tackler coming at him, then dishing off to a teammate with precision. All without leaving the centre circle.

Reeves had a good day both in the ruck and around the ground.

Nash had a great run down the middle with two bounces, handballed off then kept running to receive again and deliver to the forward 50. Unfortunately the kick just missed the target, but it was a scintillating run down the ground at full pace. Nobody can catch him.

Conor Mac may be the most exciting prospect on the list in my opinion and looks primed to go up another level or two.

Morrison, as reported by others, looked really good and seems to be a real leader out on the track. Vice Captain material I reckon, assuming he is best 22.

Will Day's silky skills were on full display. He finds a way to weave through traffic and get clear, every. single. time. Just when you think he will get nailed by a tackle he finds a way though and always puts the ball to his teammate's advantage.

Hardwick was tough and skillful as always.

Love the look of Meek. Massive man, but really smooth mover with good skills.

I'm very bullish about Cooper Stephens. He is a well built unit with good skills and is hard to tackle.

Ned Long has definitely added pace. My fellow watchers, (Eldorado & houdinihuddo) agreed that he is noticeably quicker than he was this time last year and was looking good in general play.

Karl Amon is a smooth mover and a very good kick.

Ex-Pie Callum Brown really caught our eye. He acquitted himself very well in the contested drills.

Hoping to get down to next week's session before they take a break.

Was great chatting with houdinihuddo and Eldorado and Rusty Hawk.

I'm going to bed now.

Apologies for the delay folks. Was busy at work and then caught up for dinner with some friends. Anyway, here we go...

It was a cold and grey morning down at Waverley with a reasonable breeze and occasional bouts of sunshine.

Once the boys warmed up it was non stop activity all over the oval for 90 minutes. Given it was my first session it took a while to get my training eye in and I reckon it will be another session or two before I am at full viewing fitness.

My major observation of the day overall was the level of enthusiasm and noise amongst all of the players and coaches. It's obvious how much they are all enjoying being out there.

No shows, as far as I could tell were Impey and Jeka. Jeka sat and watched on the side-lines, I think because he tweaked but Impey was nowhere to be seen.

As far as the new guys go, I was keen to see if the hype around Weddle is justified, and it surely is. The man is everything that other training reports have said he is. He could be anything.

All of the new guys look like they can play, particularly liked the look of Bailey Macdonald, Hustwaite and of course Mackenzie.

Newc was in beast mode all morning dominating wherever he went. Still find it hard to believe that we got him for almost nothing. His highlight of the day was reading the tap from big Ned Reeves, taking clean possession, spinning 360 degs to avoid the tackler coming at him, then dishing off to a teammate with precision. All without leaving the centre circle.

Nash had a great run down the middle with two bounces, handballed off then kept running to receive again and deliver to the forward 50. Unfortunately the kick just missed the target, but it was a scintillating run down the ground at full pace. Nobody can catch him.

Conor Mac may be the most exciting prospect on the list in my opinion and looks primed to go up another level or two.

Morrison, as reported by others, looked really good and seems to be a real leader out on the track. Vice Captain material I reckon, assuming he is best 22.

Will Day's silky skills were on full display. He finds a way to weave through traffic and get clear, every. single. time. Just when you think he will get nailed by a tackle he finds a way though and always puts the ball to his teammate's advantage.

I'm very bullish about Cooper Stephens. He is a well built unit with good skills and is hard to tackle.

Ned Long has definitely added pace. My fellow watchers, (Eldorado & houdinihuddo) agreed that he is noticeably quicker than he was this time last year and was looking good in general play.

Ex-Pie Callum Brown really caught our eye. He acquitted himself very well in the contested drills.

I'm going to bed now.
Have a good one champ, you deserve it, sounds like it was a long day.

I'm going to bed now.

Chop chop!

Your report arrived just before dinner in Europe. The perfect entrée

Food Lol GIF by de chinezen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back