Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Lewis is unfortunatley too injury prone. Happens every year and no longer just bad luck. Not sure what solution is, but club needs to urgently diversify away from him as the key forward not just in opening couple of rounds, but for medium and longer term.
Whether he continues to be prone to injury or not, his most recient issue only serves to highlight what we already acknowledge. We need to find a second gun key forward and a quality 3rd banana as a priority going forward.

Are they on the list? Not that we've seen to this point. Ramsden and Serong are possible but low odds long shots.

High end of the draft or FA must in the next 2-3 years

Mitch Lewis Injury prone ?? Oh dear🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
...and we need to focus elsewhere for a key forward...
The s**t you read here...

I try not to be too vitriolic, but sometimes...* me drunk

I’d love to see Ramsden get a run if Lewis is out. (I can’t help but think of what a young Paul Salmon did when I hear snippets of Ramsden news).

Whether he continues to be prone to injury or not, his most recient issue only serves to highlight what we already acknowledge. We need to find a second gun key forward and a quality 3rd banana as a priority going forward.

Are they on the list? Not that we've seen to this point. Ramsden and Serong are possible but low odds long shots.

High end of the draft or FA must in the next 2-3 years
Very true that we need key forward depth. I'd also say a gorilla full back may still need to be found.

But I think it was always Mitchell's intention to build the midfield first before then focusing on the KPPs. A lot like we did before the recent golden era.

Frosty might end up forward.
Could be right depending on the mix we go with.. If Frosty plays fwd, i don't think he'll pose a major goal kicking threat. Would struggle to kick 30 in a full season as a fwd. Would only be there for pressure and probably aggression, help protect the young blokes like Serong & Ramsden if we go young up fwd.

Re Lewis, club has said sprained ACL, will definitely miss round 1 and hints may miss longer.
Posters have googled and said a sprained ACL is 2 weeks recovery.

Do we think club is being conservative or trying to undersell injury severity?

I hope we play cj forward, make some one defend him, his an unbelievable mark and loves a goal. Could change our forward line completely
Might love a goal but he's actually only ever kicked one in the seniors. Would definitely be worth a try though, nothing to really lose by trying him there.

Could be right depending on the mix we go with.. If Frosty plays fwd, i don't think he'll pose a major goal kicking threat. Would struggle to kick 30 in a full season as a fwd. Would only be there for pressure and probably aggression, help protect the young blokes like Serong & Ramsden if we go young up fwd.

Re Lewis, club has said sprained ACL, will definitely miss round 1 and hints may miss longer.

Its membership drive season, they’ll be underselling it no doubt

News just reported it as a 'partial tear'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sicily to forward line?

With frost back and CJ, scrim and day seemingly fit + Hardwick + another preseason into Blanck we can probably manage down back.

With Kosi replacing Lewis as FF, a resting ruck + sicily roaming as 3rd tall (in a Gunston type role) + our smalls we may still be able to kick some goals.

Lewis will be fine. It'll be interesting to see how we change things up to get more goals out of the team, not just a key forward. Clubs always look at their most damaging with a bigger spread of goal kickers anyway.

There's nothing stopping us from getting 2-3 from Moore, Wingard and Breust, then singles from the likes of Newcombe, Day, Worpel, McDonald, Meek/Reeves.

Disappointing news about Lewis but its better this happen now in a development year where results are almost irrelevant. If it turns out to be more than a handful of games, it just means better opportunities for the likes of Serong, Greene, Butler and Brockman to get senior experience and tie down spots.

Sicily to forward line?

With frost back and CJ, scrim and day seemingly fit + Hardwick + another preseason into Blanck we can probably manage down back.

With Kosi replacing Lewis as FF, a resting ruck + sicily roaming as 3rd tall (in a Gunston type role) + our smalls we may still be able to kick some goals.
No chance. An AA level, PCM winning defender should play his best position. If we were entering a year where we we were potentially competing for a flag then I guess everything would be on the table, but we’re not, so there’s no point in throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Sicily hasn’t played as a forward for 6 years - really not sure why people want our best defender to play elsewhere. We have developing forwards who would be better options.

Sicily hasn’t played as a forward for 6 years - really not sure why people want our best defender to play elsewhere. We have developing forwards who would be better options.
Because the best solution to 1 short term injury is to completely blow up all structure and game plan. Works every time.

A sprain is a partial tear, sounds like a grade two which can be 6-10 weeks. Possible surgery aswell. Sounds like he was very lucky not to rupture it.
Forgive me if im wrong as I don’t know too much about acl’s, but am I right in saying acls don’t ever actually heal. So even partial tear will always be there if no surgery. Therefore his rehab will be just be trying to build up his muscles around his knee before he plays again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back