AFL Club
West Coast
MVP
1. GA
2. Embiid
3. Joker
4. Tatum
5. SGA

Discussion - Obviously top 3 miles in front and if they don't get every 1-2-3 vote it would be embarrassing. Can't go wrong with any 3. Ended up giving it to GA as Bucks have the best record.

COTY
1. Brown
2. Tibbs
3. Malone

Discussion - Third seed a great season. They did have health on their side this year, which helped.

ROY
1. Paolo
2. Williams
3. Mathurin

MIP
1. SGA
2. Markkanen
3. Bridges

6th Man
1. Quickley
2. Brogdon
3. Reaves

DPOTY
1. Lopez
2. Jackson
3. Green

Comment: I gave it to Lopez in a close race. Jackson seems to struggle with fouls the tie-breaker. Big drop from 2 to 3.

First Team
Joker
GA
Tatum
Mitchell
SGA

Second Team
Embiid
Brown
Randle
Luka
Ja

Third Team
Sabonis
LeBron
Butler
Fox
Steph

Discussion - Big one here is how much you punish for games played. Steph/Lebron and others have only played mid 50s. But this year, it's not like other guys have played 75+ games that they are competing against, so I have taken that into consideration.

All Defensive

Last edited:

Is this prediction or opinion ?

Opinion Mobley DPOY, prediction Jackson jnr DPOY

All other awards irrelevant imo but if the good people of bigfooty basketball forum want to know my thoughts I will share

Is the prediction or opinion ?

Opinion Mobley DPOY, prediction Jackson jnr DPOY

All other awards irrelevant imo but if the good people of bigfooty basketball forum want to know my thoughts I will share

Opinion.

e.g. I think Embiid will win the MVP, but I got GA.

MVP
1. Embiid
2. Jokic
3. Giannis
4. Tatum
5. Mitchell

COTY
1. Brown
2. Tibbs
3. Malone

ROY
1. Banchero
2. Williams
3. Kessler

MIP
1. Markkanen
2. SGA
3. Brunson

6th Man
1. Brogdan
2. Quickley
3. Powell

DPOTY
1. Mobley
2. Lopez
3. Jackson

MVP
1. GA
2. Embiid
3. Joker
4. Tatum
5. SGA

Discussion - Obviously top 3 miles in front and if they don't get every 1-2-3 vote it would be embarrassing. Can't go wrong with any 3. Ended up giving it to GA as Bucks have the best record.

COTY
1. Brown
2. Tibbs
3. Malone

Discussion - Third seed a great season. They did have health on their side this year, which helped.

ROY
1. Paolo
2. Williams
3. Mathurin

MIP
1. SGA
2. Markkanen
3. Bridges

6th Man
1. Quickley
2. Brogdon
3. Reaves

DPOTY
1. Lopez
2. Jackson
3. Green

Comment: I gave it to Lopez in a close race. Jackson seems to struggle with fouls the tie-breaker. Big drop from 2 to 3.

First Team
Joker
GA
Tatum
Mitchell
SGA

Second Team
Embiid
Brown
Randle
Luka
Ja

Third Team
Sabonis
LeBron
Butler
Fox
Steph

Discussion - Big one here is how much you punish for games played. Steph/Lebron and others have only played mid 50s. But this year, it's not like other guys have played 75+ games that they are competing against, so I have taken that into consideration.

All Defensive

Embiid 2nd and Jokic 3rd in mvp, yet Jokic in first all NBA and Embiid isn’t?

Isnt All NBA three front court players and two back court players.

That makes it easy in the front court with putting Embiid, Jokic and Giannis all in the 1st Team where they absolutely should be.
Nah they have made it pretty clear they are against doing that, they won't put two centres on the 1st team.

Nah they have made it pretty clear they are against doing that, they won't put two centres on the 1st team.
That's not a thing though is it. They havent changed it back to one centre, two forwards and two guards. It's still three frontcourt and two backcourt.

So makes sense to have Embiid, Jokic and Giannis all in the 1st team.

All-NBA is right now still strictly 2 guards, 2 forwards and 1 centre per team. They get *y with the "well this centre is also technically a power forward" line, which is usually rubbish.

My MVP:
1. Jokic
2. Embiid
3. Giannis
4. Tatum
5. Fox

GmSc MVP:
1. Jokic
2. Tatum
3. Embiid
4. Giannis
5. Sabonis
---------------------
My All-NBA teams
1st team:
G Doncic
G SGA
F Tatum
F Giannis
C Jokic

2nd team:
G Fox
G Mitchell
F Brown
F Randle
C Embiid

3rd team
G Brunson
G Lillard
F Butler
F LeBron
C Sabonis

HM: Morant, Davis, Durant, Curry
-------------------
DPoY.
1. Jackson Jr
2. Lopez
3. Davis
--------------------
CotY:
1. Brown
2. Thibs
3. Mazzulla
----------------------
RotY:
1. Paolo
2. Williams
3. Kessler
-----------------------
MIP:
1. Markkanen
2. SGA
3. Haliburton
------------------------
6MotY:
1. Quickley
2. Brogdon
3. Portis

Last edited:
My MVP:
1. Jokic
2. Embiid
3. Giannis
4. Tatum
5. Fox

GmSc MVP:
1. Jokic
2. Tatum
3. Embiid
4. Giannis
5. Sabonis
---------------------
My All-NBA teams
1st team:
G Doncic
G SGA
F Tatum
F Giannis
C Jokic

2nd team:
G Fox
G Mitchell
F Brown
F Randle
C Embiid

3rd team
G Brunson
G Lillard
F Butler
F LeBron
C Sabonis

HM: Morant, Davis, Durant, Curry
-------------------
DPoY.
1. Jackson Jr
2. Lopez
3. Davis
--------------------
CotY:
1. Brown
2. Thibs
3. Mazzulla
----------------------
RotY:
1. Paolo
2. Williams
3. Kessler
-----------------------
MIP:
1. Markkanen
2. SGA
3. Haliburton
------------------------
6MotY:
1. Quickley
2. Brogdon
3. Portis
You can’t have Doncic on your first team if he couldn’t even make it into the Top 10 in the West.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can’t have Doncic on your first team if he couldn’t even make it into the Top 10 in the West.

I don't think team success is a must for All-NBA. MVP yes but not All NBA.

Luka not making the play-in is (arguably) not his fault, he did what he needed to and no one else came with him.

Same reason why Lillard makes my 3rd team even though his team was rubbish; he did his job and was exceptional but the rest of the team struggled.

Got Joker at 14s and cashed out at 1,40 after just hearing every commentator news show looking for reasons he shouldn't win it.

Pretty happy about that.

Backed Quickley a month ago 51s, 36s, 26s, 21s, 17s,

Brogdon still a worry, he has had the better overall season.

I don't think team success is a must for All-NBA. MVP yes but not All NBA.

Luka not making the play-in is (arguably) not his fault, he did what he needed to and no one else came with him.

Same reason why Lillard makes my 3rd team even though his team was rubbish; he did his job and was exceptional but the rest of the team struggled.
It has to be a factor. Otherwise you’re just throwing up stats on a bad team. That’s easy to do.

Of course the fault of Dallas failing to make the play in is not all on Luka, but he has to carry a fair bit of blame. It’s his team and it’s gone backwards by a staggering margin. Doing what he needed to is making his team win. He’s also only played 66 games.

Mitchell, SGA, Fox all comfortably ahead for mine

Wasn’t using a metric, just watch a ton of games and I don’t think anyone was better. The only guards I have close to him would be Steph, Shai and neither have great records themselves
Fox is the most clutch player in the league this season. Mitchell has also been superb for the Cavs. Both are top 4 seeds. I have them both ahead of Doncic, ditto SGA.

Fox is the most clutch player in the league this season. Mitchell has also been superb for the Cavs. Both are top 4 seeds. I have them both ahead of Doncic, ditto SGA.
Do you think either have performed better? Fox has been clutch no doubt but I strongly disagree he has performed better than Luka.

Do you think either have performed better? Fox has been clutch no doubt but I strongly disagree he has performed better than Luka.
He hasn’t just been clutch, he’s been the best in the league in the clutch. Winning has to be a part of the formula, it’s why you don’t see non-playoff guys get named.

Who was the last guy to make all NBA first team and not make the playoffs, let alone the play-in tournament.

He hasn’t just been clutch, he’s been the best in the league in the clutch. Winning has to be a part of the formula, it’s why you don’t see non-playoff guys get named.

Who was the last guy to make all NBA first team and not make the playoffs, let alone the play-in tournament.
Who was the last guy to average 33/8/8?

I have no issue with winning being a part of it, but i think a guy who has put up historic numbers needs to be considered despite a bad record.

Back