Mega Thread The NBA Offseason Thread (22-23 season). NBA Draft, Summer League (Cleveland SL champions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben 10 looking healthy and engaged but wait and see when the real stuff starts.
I agree pre season Ben looking very fine.

But real season starts and nets aren’t anything special he’ll either explode or hit rock bottom.

Im worried for Pelicans and actually think they could be that last team in the West oddly enough if Zion gets injured. THe bench is TERRRIBLE. No offense at all from the bench. Completely reliant on Zion playing through the season which I dont see happening is all

Outside of that Portland/Jazz have the bottom 2 wrapped up

If Im Pelicans though I get moving immediately to find that 6th man. Maybe Brogdon for example

I agree pre season Ben looking very fine.

But real season starts and nets aren’t anything special he’ll either explode or hit rock bottom.
Trying really hard not to be pessimistic with him.
But he looks the exact same player as his final 'normal' season at Philly. Top tier court vision, top tier defense, and ability to drive at will (when mentally on his game).
A couple of fadeaway shots in pre-season doesn't make him transformed ... but it's promising.

Patty Mills sighting at the Hawks. Totally forgot about that.
I don't even know who half the Aussies are playing for now.
Giddey with OKC and Simmons at Nets are about the only ones I'm confident on.

EDIT: and Dyson Daniels at the Pels. How can I forget the Bendigo boy?

I don't even know who half the Aussies are playing for now.
Giddey with OKC and Simmons at Nets are about the only ones I'm confident on.

EDIT: and Dyson Daniels at the Pels. How can I forget the Bendigo boy?

Mills - Hawks
Giddey - Thunder
Simmons - Nets
Ingles - Magic
Landale - Rockets
Green - Mavericks
Exum - Mavericks
Thybulle - Trail Blazers
Daniels - Pelicans
Cooks - Wizards

Mills - Hawks
Giddey - Thunder
Simmons - Nets
Ingles - Magic
Landale - Rockets
Green - Mavericks
Exum - Mavericks
Thybulle - Trail Blazers
Daniels - Pelicans
Cooks - Wizards
Kyrie Irving - Mavericks
😉

Mills - Hawks
Giddey - Thunder
Simmons - Nets
Ingles - Magic
Landale - Rockets
Green - Mavericks
Exum - Mavericks
Thybulle - Trail Blazers
Daniels - Pelicans
Cooks - Wizards
Duop Reath - Trailblazers
Jack White - Thunder

Trying really hard not to be pessimistic with him.
But he looks the exact same player as his final 'normal' season at Philly. Top tier court vision, top tier defense, and ability to drive at will (when mentally on his game).
A couple of fadeaway shots in pre-season doesn't make him transformed ... but it's promising.
He definitely looks more motivated to play this time around.

I think it is the no pressure of making playoffs or winning a chip like he had in Philly then when playing with kd and Kyrie.

Now there isn’t any expectations so he might flourish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We've reached the pre-season overreaction stage of the year, I see.

Im worried for Pelicans and actually think they could be that last team in the West oddly enough if Zion gets injured. THe bench is TERRRIBLE. No offense at all from the bench. Completely reliant on Zion playing through the season which I dont see happening is all

Outside of that Portland/Jazz have the bottom 2 wrapped up

If Im Pelicans though I get moving immediately to find that 6th man. Maybe Brogdon for example

Our first three players off the bench - Murphy, Alvarado and Nance - are all injured, of course our bench looks terrible.

I'm more concerned that we've doubled down on an Ingram/McCollum/Valanciunas core around Zion. Never seemed advisable, and it's getting very late in the day to make an alteration.

6 days till opening day. Plenty of time to anoint the NBAs annual Essendon-Adrian Dodoro offseason premiers plate.

Our first three players off the bench - Murphy, Alvarado and Nance - are all injured, of course our bench looks terrible.

I'm more concerned that we've doubled down on an Ingram/McCollum/Valanciunas core around Zion. Never seemed advisable, and it's getting very late in the day to make an alteration.
And those 3 as the core off the bench is trash

And those 3 as the core off the bench is trash

Lol.

Two of our best three +/- players last season (along with Zion) and a guy who averaged 14ppg on 65% TS% is trash?

This is one of the more interesting takes I've seen in recent times, I'll give you that.

Pels23.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back