2022 Club Financial Results

Remove this Banner Ad

How are the wafc losing so much money? I would have thought they'd be raking it in off the back of w.c and Freo.

How are the wafc losing so much money? I would have thought they'd be raking it in off the back of w.c and Freo.
Terribly run.
Also had to spend a heap of money to get Leederville Oval ready to host the WAFL grand final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gws need to throw money into creating atmosphere at their games. It's always been an issue. Put some money into that instead of all the other crap and they'll get people coming back, as on field they have generally played a good brand except for last year.
Perhaps they should start in making it feel like they're Western Sydney's team

Having 1 foot out the door doesn't help.

With the recent discussion about Collingwood getting 15,000 seats to away games at the MCG, can anyone explain that from the financial side of things?

Do Collingwood take membership income for the seats for the away games, and then pass on a fair price to the relevant home team to make those seats available to their members?

Or do they just get to keep the money, whilst the home team are not able to sell the seats to their own game?

So do Collingwood have 11 home game membership options; but then also 16 home and away game membership options for people who sit in those 15,000 seats?

Using dollar amounts for the sake of it, so don’t be too pedantic as to what price I use:

11 game memberships cost $400 and Collingwood keep it all.

16 game memberships cost $600 and Collingwood keep $400 being their 11 home games. Collingwood then pass on $200 to the actual home teams for those 5 games Collingwood is away. Being $40 to each home team, regardless of actual attendance as the home club was not able to sell the ticket themselves?

Do other clubs have this as an option to sell tickets to other clubs home games (where a reserved membership doesn’t exist for the seat for the home team)?

I’m curious if this has artificially been inflating Collingwood’s membership income, as they may only be handling the income as it goes on its way to the other clubs and would also get listed as an expense.

FD99E4F7-45D8-416F-9EF0-2E237DB4957F.jpeg

Can anyone give some clarity?

With the recent discussion about Collingwood getting 15,000 seats to away games at the MCG, can anyone explain that from the financial side of things?

Do Collingwood take membership income for the seats for the away games, and then pass on a fair price to the relevant home team to make those seats available to their members?

Or do they just get to keep the money, whilst the home team are not able to sell the seats to their own game?

No idea about the Collingwood deal on this, but if memory serves, AFL members home clubs only receive something like 75% of a general admission ticket price for admission to those areas (for what would otherwise probably be sold a a premium reserved seat).

Wouldn't surprise if the Collingwood situation is similar...and that that is a big part of why other clubs are complaining (and fixing THAT part of it could be a big part of the new deal that gets struck).

For folks playing at home: heres the NRL edition

What I can gather from this is, they make a shitload from other activities, I'm assuming leagues clubs meals, pokies etc.

On sponsorship, membership, attendance they make very little in comparison to afl clubs.

Also interesting to see the storm have 40k members but the money they make off membership and attendance appears to be next to nothing.

What I can gather from this is, they make a shitload from other activities, I'm assuming leagues clubs meals, pokies etc.

On sponsorship, membership, attendance they make very little in comparison to afl clubs.

Also interesting to see the storm have 40k members but the money they make off membership and attendance appears to be next to nothing.

it may not include gate.

Fascinating. We often wow the likes of West Coast and others generating around $100M in revenue. Then a club like Penrith generate $152M. Gaming and the Panthers Club etc. however, Richmond generate $30M of its revenue from Ardent Leisure. Horses for course. It certainly intrigues and puts a microscope on how much revenue clubs need, the margins they generate on non operating revenue in the context of supporting their footy operations.

I think the NRL 2019 and 2020 revenue figures should be the other way around.

Also, I am trying to work out what the "total reported" figure is? It seems to roughly include the NRL amount....but if it has then the next figure should be net of the NRL distributions no (i.e. smaller)?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back