Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miguel Angel Lopez (COL, ASQ)

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would love to see Demare race with this confidence in France. At his best, I'd say only Ewan and Bennett can match him IMO. FDJ have really nailed the Giro so far.

Cant remember the last time I saw a stage like that. Bora ripped it to pieces and credit to Hindley for finishing it off, he looks in great shape to win it. Yates can only think what if? His bad days are just too bad even with his experience.

The race organisers are seriously taking the piss tonight.

The second intermediate sprint is on top of a climb which gains 466m altitude in 5.5km... with no KotM points attached.
ieUdPzAGWGBLs2Q23QmMnc-970-80.jpg.webp

The race organisers are seriously taking the piss tonight.

The second intermediate sprint is on top of a climb which gains 466m altitude in 5.5km... with no KotM points attached.
ieUdPzAGWGBLs2Q23QmMnc-970-80.jpg.webp
Second one is only for time bonuses tbf

Looks stronger and has belief, hes been the most attacking rider in the race. Probably comes down to who has a bad day first. Can't believe Landa stayed with them.
Landa is a matter of time. We see it every year in every GT.

Hopefully Jai learns from last time, if there's any kind of gap, attack it and take time. I remember last time he had a gap on Tao right after the bonus seconds and ended up attacking too late. Kelderman and Buchmann just have to support him for the win now. Top 10 won't matter.

Hamilton with a sneaky top 10 chance too now. Probably doesn't get there but Hirt, Valverde and Arensmen will struggle tomorrow after today's efforts. If he finds himself in a break tomorrow, he could put time into them whilst going for a stage win, stage 18 is a sprint so an easier day to recover. Juan Pedro Lopez also looked weaker than him tonight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not content with putting the sprint time bonus on top of an uncategorised climb last night (which should have been at least Cat 3), the organisers are at it again tonight:
aPRf5DeQzJ2QHHjpf7ryWc-970-80.jpg.webp

That first climb is 558m in 8.7km, at 6.7%, and the riders get it absolutely for free - no KotM points, and no sprint points or time bonuses. Charming...

Methinks the race organisers are trying to send a message to any sprinters still in the race - "**** off back home, you're not wanted in our contest!"

Not content with putting the sprint time bonus on top of an uncategorised climb last night (which should have been at least Cat 3), the organisers are at it again tonight:
aPRf5DeQzJ2QHHjpf7ryWc-970-80.jpg.webp

That first climb is 558m in 8.7km, at 6.7%, and the riders get it absolutely for free - no KotM points, and no sprint points or time bonuses. Charming...

Methinks the race organisers are trying to send a message to any sprinters still in the race - "**** off back home, you're not wanted in our contest!"
Arnaud Demare: "* off, I want the Ciclamino Jersey you *s!"

Expect a break either to get established straight away or on the Cat 3 climb tonight. Hoping Hamilton gets himself in the break tonight. He's 8 minutes off top 10 and if he gets in the break I expect Arensmen, Valverde and Hirt all to suffer on the last two climbs after the break yesterday, and Lopez is starting to wane as well, so he could get 10 minutes on them and sneak into the top 10

Arnaud Demare: "duck off, I want the Ciclamino Jersey you ducks!"

Expect a break either to get established straight away or on the Cat 3 climb tonight. Hoping Hamilton gets himself in the break tonight. He's 8 minutes off top 10 and if he gets in the break I expect Arensmen, Valverde and Hirt all to suffer on the last two climbs after the break yesterday, and Lopez is starting to wane as well, so he could get 10 minutes on them and sneak into the top 10
You don't think Hamilton will be hurting tonight, after all the work he did on the Mortirolo last night?

You don't think Hamilton will be hurting tonight, after all the work he did on the Mortirolo last night?
Eh, all he did was sit at the back of the "peloton". Nowhere near as much work as the guys in the break

Last flat stage tomorrow. Gonna be between Demare, Cav, Gaviria and Dainese in all likelihood. Jai is really well poised here for the last few stages. He looks the strongest on the climbs, but he has to attack on Friday and Saturday. Carapaz is the better time trialist, Jai needs to put at least 30 seconds, probably 45 into him if he's to win.

I'm waiting in anticipation for something to happen tonight because dont think I'll be watching tomorrow night. My worry is they wait until the last 2k's.
The good thing is that we know Landa needs to put heavy time into both before the ITT. Strange tactics from Bora though.

Still a little disappointed that Hamilton never tried for a break this week. His legs must not be there. 8 minutes to the top 10, doubt he gets that but hopefully he can defend from Martin tonight to stay 13th

I reckon tonight will be GC guys. Just can't help but think Bora and Bahrain need to attack hard to get past Carapaz. He's the best ITT of the three and just needs to cover Hindley. But I'm hoping they attack on the penultimate climb and isolate Carapaz there.

Here's hoping Hindley can get the 30+ seconds he needs to win the Giro.

Back