VFL 2022 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Mirkov is a proper ruckman.
Why wasnt he included in the seniors if Pittonet was out?
He essentially sat out the whole third quarter and chunks of the others. Still has no tank whatsoever.

His kicking is vastly improved which is great. As last season he was so bad he just never kicked.

The improvement is remarkable tbh. Just needs to keep building the fitness required. Which will for sure mean at least another pre season before a firsts go.

He essentially sat out the whole third quarter and chunks of the others. Still has no tank whatsoever.

His kicking is vastly improved which is great. As last season he was so bad he just never kicked.

The improvement is remarkable tbh. Just needs to keep building the fitness required. Which will for sure mean at least another pre season before a firsts go.
BS re tank SHT. I was sitting 10 metres from where he was prowling, begging to get back on the field, was not AWOL because of tank. His minutes were managed for whatever reason. (Either our fitness team or perhaps coaches wanting to give time to JGM and to a lesser extent Cripps junior)

Bloke is fast becoming a real footballer and makes a huge difference to the team. Great signs around the ground, admittedly in smaller doses of yet. Would do OK if called on later in the season, but yes, his best is a year or two away….LOOK OUT!

BS re tank SHT. I was sitting 10 metres from where he was prowling, begging to get back on the field, was not AWOL because of tank. His minutes were managed for whatever reason. (Either our fitness team or perhaps coaches wanting to give time to JGM and to a lesser extent Cripps junior)

Bloke is fast becoming a real footballer and makes a huge difference to the team. Great signs around the ground, admittedly in smaller doses of yet. Would do OK if called on later in the season, but yes, his best is a year or two away….LOOK OUT!
A seasoned league ruckman would run into him and run him around the ground so badly Mirkov would be on a ventilator at half time.
The only way he plays this season is if all of Pitto, TDK and Young are unavailable.

That's brilliant to hear mate... But from only vfl streaming access my conclusions can only come from what I can see and that's extremely managed minutes. Which usually means tank.

He has the look of a footballer and a bruiser too. Something we need.

Stocker looks good but probably just a fraction off his normal pace but all the quality is there.

Dow looked the same as he has all season, he played well, his ball handling and ability to side step is really good. Kicked well. Didn't play the last quarter so you could put this down as a 30+ possession game.

There are a few good VFL players, Maher stood out to me, he is a big strong bloke who puts in repeat efforts, likes to hit bodies and tackles well. Has a powerful boot and skills look neat enough. Like how he plays, reckon he would make it in the AFL. He might be a bit to similar to many of the players in our midfield, I wonder if he would be able to play in defence at AFL level?

Newnes just keeps getting it, he's still staying relevant, would he be any worse than Setterfield?

Mirkov could come in and win a fair few taps but would struggle around the ground and in general play. Needs to stack some weight on.

Stephens is a neat player, worth keeping an eye on for AFL clubs.

Parks needs to tidy up his game, he should be in the senior team now, but his spoiling and some of the mistakes he makes keeps him out, it should be better. He's probably not playing the third tall role in that side where he can zone off and go for his marks more but he needs to tidy up, apart from that he played well.

Philp, I love how he plays, high intensity high pace but his ball handling lets him down. He gets around the ground, he can find the footy, he plays hard and fast, it's really good stuff, he just needs to tidy up. He's missed a lot of footy, he needs a lot of footy to get there but he has a real crack and that's great. His pressure efforts are really high. IMO Philp will make it but he needs some time to develop.

Akuei is miles off and is going to take a long time to develop.

Cottrell looks to have cleaned up his skills, he works pretty hard as a runner but he's really light and doesn't have that real hard at it contested game. He's not that different to O'Brien, just O'Brien is probably seen as a better kick, not that Cottrell is using it poorly, he's using it well.

Pardon the intrusion. I noticed Maher played well by the stats. I like him as a Rd 2 prospect in his draft year. Curious, was he playing mid? Could be a sneaky mad chance if he keeps up those numbers
He was in the midfield. His disposal was poor as were plenty of his decisions with the ball but he gets to really good spots, wins plenty of the ball and is strong enough over the ball too. I like him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see Maher becoming a similar player to Hewett. Big strong body who liked to tackle and his efforts, particularly his repeat efforts are really good. That's what you want to develop midfield pressure and ball winning. I think he will make a decent AFL midfielder. We have good numbers of those types though, unless he starts putting up really big numbers we are probably not going to have a look here but I rate him and can see him going somewhere in the midseason draft.

Link
FQgDZubacAIAsGy

Match Centre:

Teams:

1650112840080.png

Last edited:
Hmm no McDonald after a second week of being a test is annoying, albeit back injuries are a bit hard to set timelines for. Unfortunate that glass-mccasker is suspended, having tdk back covers that nicely though, 0 suprise crippas lil bro is out tho, not up to scratch

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

What was JGM done for?
C.Stephens unlucky. Thought Shannon was sloppy last week.
T.North not even getting a gig.
14 CFC players, good numbers this week.

What was JGM done for?
C.Stephens unlucky. Thought Shannon was sloppy last week.
T.North not even getting a gig.
14 CFC players, good numbers this week.
Handley unlucky, but with the availability of 14 AFL listed players there was going to be some hard luck stories.

I don't remember the JGM incident, but I'm not sure his absence will be noticed. He has been quite ordinary so far this season.

Handley unlucky, but with the availability of 14 AFL listed players there was going to be some hard luck stories.

I don't remember the JGM incident, but I'm not sure his absence will be noticed. He has been quite ordinary so far this season.

Where do you see Willo at the moment MSD, thought he may have come on under a Voss contested gameplan but seems to be struggling

Will be interesting to see who goes better against Soldo out of Mirkov and Dekonning. Might tell us who is closer to being an afl standard number 1 ruck.
Wouldn't be surprised if mirkov did most of the rucking just because he can't play anywhere else, it's either centre square or bench

On CPH1877 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back