Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's naive to think that with access to the best facilities and support in the sporting world that they wouldn't also have access to the latest supplement technology. What was the figure, ten times more spent on developing new undetectable substances than is poured into detection?

I think the entire history of the world has had about one person ever done for human growth hormone and that was because they admitted to it and that's old technology.

Now substances that metabolise into a peptide and bond to hormone receptors to block your body's regulation system and as a result your own body produces more testosterone etc by itself.

I suspect that is the most common used by athletes now, blood tests done to measure the athlete's natural levels against normal ranges then supplemented to be at the high end of the normal range.

I don't think it makes any sense that we have dozens of players self reporting drug use during the week at the same time exactly zero players are having any substances detected during game, there is has been more picked up in the time after that but the highest profile wasn't about a positive test which I think would have been swept under the carpet by having Rioli's club doctor present a self reporting document - but it was the dodging the test that was the problem.

Ultimately if you're the only clean athlete in the league you're probably not finding much value in patting yourself on the back as your peers surpass you and your job disappears. There are guys down the local gym on old tech gear, too much of it, for the value of a slight advantage in picking up women. There are guys on old tech gear at the local park football team who want to run a bit harder and carry a bit more size to win games they pay to be part of.

Do I like the idea that professional athletes are taking drugs to make them better? No. But I also don't put much weighing of value in that athlete based on whether they are what people would think is natural compared to those who are taking supplements - the one who works the hardest on their craft and body will be the better player either way.

I just worry about the teenagers disappearing over school holidays for a trip to Thailand and returning with steroid programs to follow into their junior representative careers because having extra size when you're 16 and 17 is a significant advantage.

Posted this in the changes thread but will post here too. Mods please removed duplicate if desired.

At Optus Stadium for a conference and the boys are out on the oval for a training session. Very loud, lots of energy and they are getting around each other a lot. Good goal kicking session, Freddy didn’t miss a shot while I was watching, Lobby out there and moving well, kicked a couple from outside 50.

Quickly snapped a couple of photos sorry if not great quality.

Attachments

• 76A56360-F189-4404-841B-E778CBFDB7E4.jpeg
    76A56360-F189-4404-841B-E778CBFDB7E4.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 185
  • CD17465D-2598-4157-8625-EED3BF6291DE.jpeg
    CD17465D-2598-4157-8625-EED3BF6291DE.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 166
Posted this in the changes thread but will post here too. Mods please removed duplicate if desired.

At Optus Stadium for a conference and the boys are out on the oval for a training session. Very loud, lots of energy and they are getting around each other a lot. Good goal kicking session, Freddy didn’t miss a shot while I was watching, Lobby out there and moving well, kicked a couple from outside 50.

Quickly snapped a couple of photos sorry if not great quality.
Was tabs having a run ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? He's a winger. Also trying to tackle the biggest guy on the team..
Karl doesn't have the speed so he needs to make up for it with size like Acres has. Skinny and slow rarely works as a wingman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back