Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 26, 2012
Block 123
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys, FC St. Pauli
Is it too early for this thread? Never!!!!!

Luke Jackson hits training track with Fremantle Dockers teammates following trade

[PLAYERCARD]Luke Jackson[/PLAYERCARD] putting in work.

Less than a fortnight since being unveiled as a Fremantle player, prized recruit Luke Jackson has hit the ground running as the Dockers made a start on their unofficial pre-season group training.

Jackson was pictured alongside a handful of Dockers teammates at the club’s Cockburn training base, going through running drills with the likes of Andrew Brayshaw and Sam Switkowski.

[PLAYERCARD]Andrew Brayshaw[/PLAYERCARD] and [PLAYERCARD]Luke Jackson[/PLAYERCARD].

Heath Chapman, Josh Treacy and unused 2021 Pick 21 Matt Johnson were also on the track, wasting no time in staying sharp barely six weeks after Freo’s semifinal defeat.

Jackson has also been putting himself through what appears to be a strenuous off-season fitness regime with renowned personal trainer Gerard Majda, known as ‘Body Majic’, who operates out of a Canning Vale garage.

Alongside Collingwood forward and fellow WA product Trey Ruscoe, Jackson was featured in a hype video where he goes through a series of push-ups, chin-ups, burpees and medicine ball drills.

Jackson’s older brother Zach was also featured in the video going through his paces.

As well as featuring in the ruck alongside Sean Darcy, Jackson is expected to be deployed by Fremantle as a forward and a big-bodied midfielder as he continues to build his tank.

“I met with Sean a couple of times, and we were both talking about how good it could potentially be, so I’m looking forward to getting to work with him and seeing how that looks,” Jackson said.

Look if things don't work out in the NBA for Luke Travers then joining his good mate Luke at Freo as a Cat B wouldn't be the worst thing...

It's also why I hope things work out with Josh Draper because I'm pretty sure he's mates with Alex Condon who chose basketball over football (otherwise might have been an early 1st rounder in this year's draft)

Is it too early for this thread? Never!!!!!

Luke Jackson hits training track with Fremantle Dockers teammates following trade

Luke Jackson putting in work.

Less than a fortnight since being unveiled as a Fremantle player, prized recruit Luke Jackson has hit the ground running as the Dockers made a start on their unofficial pre-season group training.

Jackson was pictured alongside a handful of Dockers teammates at the club’s Cockburn training base, going through running drills with the likes of Andrew Brayshaw and Sam Switkowski.

Andrew Brayshaw and Luke Jackson.

Heath Chapman, Josh Treacy and unused 2021 Pick 21 Matt Johnson were also on the track, wasting no time in staying sharp barely six weeks after Freo’s semifinal defeat.

Jackson has also been putting himself through what appears to be a strenuous off-season fitness regime with renowned personal trainer Gerard Majda, known as ‘Body Majic’, who operates out of a Canning Vale garage.

Alongside Collingwood forward and fellow WA product Trey Ruscoe, Jackson was featured in a hype video where he goes through a series of push-ups, chin-ups, burpees and medicine ball drills.

Jackson’s older brother Zach was also featured in the video going through his paces.

As well as featuring in the ruck alongside Sean Darcy, Jackson is expected to be deployed by Fremantle as a forward and a big-bodied midfielder as he continues to build his tank.

“I met with Sean a couple of times, and we were both talking about how good it could potentially be, so I’m looking forward to getting to work with him and seeing how that looks,” Jackson said.

Also what is with calling Matt Johnson "unused"?

Look if things don't work out in the NBA for Luke Travers then joining his good mate Luke at Freo as a Cat B wouldn't be the worst thing...

It's also why I hope things work out with Josh Draper because I'm pretty sure he's mates with Alex Condon who chose basketball over football (otherwise might have been an early 1st rounder in this year's draft)

Luke Travers is on an NBA rookie contract worth about 900k / yr. If he doesn’t make NBA he could still potentially earn a significant amount playing basketball elsewhere. It would be a miracle if he plays footy.

Luke Travers is on an NBA rookie contract worth about 900k / yr. If he doesn’t make NBA he could still potentially earn a significant amount playing basketball elsewhere. It would be a miracle if he plays footy.
Well it obviously wouldn't be a decision about money. Wasn't being serious in my post but he is a Rockingham lad so maybe he'd prefer a more laid back lifestyle near family and friends than that of a professional international basketballer?

was going to say this morning he's probably doing his usual world travels this time of the year. And then I see from the West, yes, he's in Nicaragua. Fun life so far for a truckie's kid from the bush
Speaking of…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back