Training Preseason 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

The numbers Young put up in the last month of 2023 are easily overlooked but I think Healy is on the money here. Young had been touted as an elite talent for most of his junior days and handled the shift to the midfield with aplomb.

He's in my top three of players I'm dying to see play this year.
Now me might start hearing the question depending on how well he starts about whether we got the top 3 players in the 2019 draft. Can only imagine Young wouldn't have fallen to 7 if list managers knew he would transition to gun mid, or if he started out in the middle. Looking at that draft, It could end as 1) Serong. 2) Jackson. 3) Young, above Warner & NAnderson, depending on this seasons outcomes.

sorry. can't agree. don't particularly like her music and have none of her songs on my spotify. But she's a good musician and a very talented song writer. But even more talented at business. Back when we were paying $1.69 a song to put on our ipod's she had negotiated the best deal with apple in the music business for something like a third of the revenue/song (my brother's are in the business and know about such things). No one came close even though at the time, many had better representation, influence and power than she had. Her property portfolio from not blowing her cash (and from a young age) is ridiculous, and she picks boy friends to maximise current interest in her celebrity, and future interest in her new songs. Comes across a bit young and ditsy (read not-threatening to women) but incredibly savvy lady. That's why she's the biggest in the business. CWCD
I do love that she gave the ultimate middle finger to the music industry by re-recording and re-releasing her whole catalog just so she could own it after someone bought the rights to the first releases. Good for her.

Now me might start hearing the question depending on how well he starts about whether we got the top 3 players in the 2019 draft. Can only imagine Young wouldn't have fallen to 7 if list managers knew he would transition to gun mid, or if he started out in the middle. Looking at that draft, It could end as 1) Serong. 2) Jackson. 3) Young, above Warner & NAnderson, depending on this seasons outcomes.
Tom Green is the big challenger

I can't put Jackson behind Serong. I think it would be Jackson, Greene, Serong, Anderson and Young/Warner. Still crazy good for us though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Green number one for me right now. Our 3 boys are probably all top 6 though.

It's happened for a couple of clubs before and always gets a prominent spot on the website. Of course the day that ours comes out is the same day as two bombshell AFL retirements/sackings so we get immediately bumped off the front page lol
Mate, I’m absolutely devastated for Angus Brayshaw (and Dees supporters) personally couldn’t give a toss if that means we slip out of the top handful of articles on afl app.

(still sitting at 3 behind Thomas and Brayshaw btw)

She might just be in the top 5 mont influential human beings on planet earth right now.
The MAGA crowd are terrified she will endorse Biden later this year to her almost 300m Instagram followers
Her top videos on youtube have over 5 billion views.

sorry. can't agree. don't particularly like her music and have none of her songs on my spotify. But she's a good musician and a very talented song writer. But even more talented at business. Back when we were paying $1.69 a song to put on our ipod's she had negotiated the best deal with apple in the music business for something like a third of the revenue/song (my brother's are in the business and know about such things). No one came close even though at the time, many had better representation, influence and power than she had. Her property portfolio from not blowing her cash (and from a young age) is ridiculous, and she picks boy friends to maximise current interest in her celebrity, and future interest in her new songs. Comes across a bit young and ditsy (read not-threatening to women) but incredibly savvy lady. That's why she's the biggest in the business. CWCD
I had no feeling one way or the other towards her but the media saturation is bizarre and off-putting. It's a bit like Naitanui actually, it's not really their fault but when someone is repeatedly shoved in your face with sycophantic hero worship overtones it instinctively makes you oppositional. I was hanging out for the sports report on Ch 9 yesterday and they actually had a "Kelcecam" like that bit from The Simpsons. They were waiting for him at the airport like it was the ******* Dalai Lama's first appearance from exile. Taylor is one thing but do we really have to put up with that meathead charisma-vacuum too?

Aaaaanyway I digress. Footy!!! Walker is progressing nicely. Cox is back in the gym and could play round 1. Chappie is already running and looking at an early return. Switta made a full recovery after a weekend. Wagner back on light duties. Emmett and Sturt look on track for round 1 after a hiccup. And this is all with higher work loads on the track and in the gym. How bloody good is our s&c team these days? If we go far this year they're gonna be the real MVP's no question. It's actually a bit surreal after decades of mismanagement.

Last edited:
I had no feeling one way or the other towards her but the media saturation is bizarre and off-putting. It's a bit like Naitanui actually, it's not really their fault but when someone is repeatedly shoved in your face with sycophantic hero worship overtones it instinctively makes you oppositional. I was hanging out for the sports report on Ch 9 yesterday and they actually had a "Kelcecam" like that bit from The Simpsons. They were waiting for him at the airport like it was the ******* Dalai Lama's first appearance from exile. Taylor is one thing but do we really have to put up with that meathead charisma-vacuum too?

Aaaaanyway I digress. Footy!!! Walker is progressing nicely. Cox is back in the gym and could play round 1. Chappie is already running and looking at an early return. Switta made a full recovery after a weekend. Wagner back on light duties. Emmett and Sturt look on track for round 1 after a hiccup. And this is all with higher work loads on the track and in the gym. How bloody good is our s&c team these days? If we go far this year they're gonna be the real MVP's no question. It's actually a bit surreal after decades of mismanagement.
Nooooo
How could you! The day before a WC scratchie where they feel they need to prove something, delete this post now before the footy gods see it.

she's a 34 yo billionaire who's been working her brand for 20 years. literally closer to 40 than the age her 'young' fans are depicted as.

i'm indifferent to her music but people will study her business profile and handling for years after she's gone.

the greatest trick she's ever pulled is making herself 'relatable' and a virtual BFF to millions of people who have zero in common with her. she's been a multi, multi, multimillionaire since before she could legally order booze or vote, she has nothing in common with 99.9% of her fans, lol.

Freo content: if Coop singing her stuff bonds him with the playing group and helps him slot 30+ this year, i'm all for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back