Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fremantle's suggestions that they would take him with one of our two picks lead to the Crows not being sure they could afford to swap their pick #6 to I believe it was Carlton, meaning Adelaide wanting him is why we have Hayden Young on our squad right now.

Carlton wanted Young and Serong and wanted to trade up to get ahead of Freo for them, so Fremantle suggested they were looking at Fisher McAsey spooking Adelaide out of a swap of picks.

Sliding doors moment.

Fremantle's suggestions that they would take him with one of our two picks lead to the Crows not being sure they could afford to swap their pick #6 to I believe it was Carlton, meaning Adelaide wanting him is why we have Hayden Young on our squad right now.

Carlton wanted Young and Serong and wanted to trade up to get ahead of Freo for them, so Fremantle suggested they were looking at Fisher McAsey spooking Adelaide out of a swap of picks.

Sliding doors moment.

Wow. I doubt we were ever interested but dodged a bullet there.

When you think about it not many 20 year olds in real life know what they want to do. Hope he can find what he's looking for.

It's pretty sad to be 21 and not having the passion that so many young people would have to aspire to make it - especially in a sport as popular as AFL. I know from my own personal struggles and battles - life is not an easy ride. I had troubles in my early 20s too and that rocked my confidence at various stages of my life going forward to present day and I'm over twice his age now.......it can be hard biscuits this business of living.

I'm sure Crows fans are disappointed, but let's hope he gets his 'passion' in general back and can move his life in a direction that will make him happy. Your mental health is paramount and more important than being a poster boy, at the end of it all.

Nuff said, we all have lives to live.....

It's pretty sad to be 21 and not having the passion that so many young people would have to aspire to make it - especially in a sport as popular as AFL. I know from my own personal struggles and battles - life is not an easy ride. I had troubles in my early 20s too and that rocked my confidence at various stages of my life going forward to present day and I'm over twice his age now.......it can be hard biscuits this business of living.

I'm sure Crows fans are disappointed, but let's hope he gets his 'passion' in general back and can move his life in a direction that will make him happy. Your mental health is paramount and more important than being a poster boy, at the end of it all.

Nuff said, we all have lives to live.....
He's in the majority. I suspect less than 5% of the population is cut out for elite sport. Its the mental challenge and why I think Andy and Serong are basically gods.

Good luck to him.

He wasn't very good...which I think is the main issue here
I suspect it is the other way around. He wasn't good because he couldn't/wouldn't do what was required like (I suspect) the vast majority of players that don't make it.

If you're getting drafted, especially in the top 10, you probably have the talent.

Shame for the kid that he hasn't got the passion. I had a quick look at the Crows board and for the most part they're being pretty supportive of him which is nice - and surprising I must admit, I expected a bit of vitriol but good on them.

I remember seeing an interview years ago with a guy leaving one of the major pro-sports in the US very early in his career after being a very high pick and the interviewer was getting in to him a bit for "wasting his talent" by not sticking to it. His response was "its my talent, I can do what I want with it and I'm not hurting anyone else but me am I?". I'd previously been pretty hard on guys like that myself but that answer changed my mind a bit. Hard to argue with the logic.

I was glad not to hear much at all of that sort of sentiment when Ash Barty retired last year, it's a pleasing change of sentiment in that regard.

Quazar's spot on, hopefully the kid finds the passion in something to make his life a good one. Good on him for being honest about it and now another kid who does have the passion and drive gets a chance to enjoy the life he may not have had if Fisher stuck at it.

Wow. I doubt we were ever interested but dodged a bullet there.

When you think about it not many 20 year olds in real life know what they want to do. Hope he can find what he's looking for.
Yes it's fair enough. But making it to a top 10 pick usually takes a massive commitment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was Fischer McCasey part of trade the year before when Carlton did first round swaps with Adelaide in 2019 to get Liam Stocker in 2018?

Feeling old today. Guy I went to school with posted up pics of the wedding of his daughter to Patty Cripps back in December. He was the first of the guys I went to school with to have kids. All downhill from here
I went to 30th school reunion last year and a couple of people I went to school with were already grandparents. Feeling real old 😩

Was Fischer McCasey part of trade the year before when Carlton did first round swaps with Adelaide in 2019 to get Liam Stocker in 2018?
During the 2018 AFL draft Carlton traded their 2019 first pick to Adelaide for their 2019 first pick and pick 19 in the 2018 draft which Carlton used on Liam Stocker. In 2019 Carlton finished 3rd last and Adelaide finished 8th last. A priority pick for GC and academy bids on Henry and Green meant Carlton's original pick was pick 4 and Adelaide's was pick 11. Adelaide traded pick 4 to GWS for pick 6 and GWS' 2020 first pick. Adelaide then used pick 6 on Fischer McCasey, and GWS' future pick on Luke Pedlar. Carlton trade pick 11 (and 55 &62) for picks 17 and 20, drafting Brodie Kemp and Sam Philp.

Feeling old today. Guy I went to school with posted up pics of the wedding of his daughter to Patty Cripps back in December. He was the first of the guys I went to school with to have kids. All downhill from here

But hopefully she is on an uphill trajectory with her crippling mental health, and there's no pun intended there.

Have west coast announced any suspension or anything for Winder?

I know it’s lip service, as he’d be unlikely to play anyway, but Gold Coast have handed Mac Andrew a 2 game ban for drink driving.

Yes, due to the nature of the offence he has been promoted to the Leadership Group. Whilst disappointed he didn't lead the police on a chase around the nearby river, they believe he can learn from this and do better in the future.

Last edited:
And some wanted us to recruit him.......

Former Richmond Tigers star Sydney Stack to face court over serious driving charges
Former Richmond footy player Sydney Stack will face court next month over a raft of serious driving charges, including drink driving without a licence.
The Herald Sun can reveal the recently delisted Stack will face the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on February 1 for a mention hearing relating to six charges including drink driving, unlicensed driving and driving an unregistered vehicle.

The former Tiger has also been charged with two counts of entering an intersection against a red traffic light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back