Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any chance of Hawthorn causing an upset is gone with Lewis out unfortunately
absolute rabble under Mitchell who was pitched as the next Messiah of modern day coaching. Hilarious really, can't say which I've enjoyed more their downfall or, until recently, West Coast's. I love the delicious irony of Hawthorn and North being in the bottom 2 or 3 and both being the former arrogant 3peat coach and the other the "young mastermind" they punted him for!!

3 weeks for Jack Higgins for his tackle on Aliir Aliir would rule him out of the St Kilda game against us in Round 10 at Marvel but some of the commentators I've heard today on radio and TV want St Kilda to challenge it and get it reduced or even dismissed.

absolute rabble under Mitchell who was pitched as the next Messiah of modern day coaching. Hilarious really, can't say which I've enjoyed more their downfall or, until recently, West Coast's. I love the delicious irony of Hawthorn and North being in the bottom 2 or 3 and both being the former arrogant 3peat coach and the other the "young mastermind" they punted him for!!
Yes its such a shame we don't have an exciting young list like North and Hawks.

Clarkson seems to be finding coaching a little more challenging when he doesn't have one of the greatest teams assembled in the modern era.

Yes its such a shame we don't have an exciting young list like North and Hawks.

Clarkson seems to be finding coaching a little more challenging when he doesn't have one of the greatest teams assembled in the modern era.

Yes, prior to the season there was a lot of talk about the Hawks young talented list and strategical genius of a coach. Freo... bottom three or four team at best.

Hawks have a couple of good pieces but nothing like what they had with Franklin, Roughy, Hodge, Lewis, Birchall, Mitchell etc etc.

3 weeks for that is very excessive imo

It is the new sanction. The AFL changed it so that instead of being referred directly to the tribunal as it has been in the past the MRO can hand down a 3 week ban if it fits certain criteria which it does since Allir was concussed.

Yes, prior to the season there was a lot of talk about the Hawks young talented list and strategical genius of a coach. Freo... bottom three or four team at best.

Hawks have a couple of good pieces but nothing like what they had with Franklin, Roughy, Hodge, Lewis, Birchall, Mitchell etc etc.
It frustrated me to no end to be compared to the Hawks all preaseason. We are so much better than they are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How he gets Eagles games. Grew up barracking for the WCE and practising bouncing the ball at recess and lunch.
So .... He is a wannabe Dean Margetts?

Bwahahaha the West coast eagles complain about the Free kick count vs the suns.

1714279222486.png

No issues with the free kick count when the eagles beat the dockers 11 times in a row from 2015-21.

Dean Margetts had a hand in all those derby wins too.

Is it a coincidence that when Dean Margetts retired at the end of 2021, the eagles struggled? LoL

Free kicks 12 to 3 against the eagles, they must be wondering why the rules have changed since last week
Because Dean Margetts isn't an umpire at eagles games anymore!

Dean Margetts retired at the end of 2021.

Eagles... How many games have they won since round 1 of 2022?

3 weeks for Jack Higgins for his tackle on Aliir Aliir would rule him out of the St Kilda game against us in Round 10 at Marvel but some of the commentators I've heard today on radio and TV want St Kilda to challenge it and get it reduced or even dismissed.
first time I have ever agreed with Kane Cornes - he thinks that 3 weeks is fair

they have nothing to lose my contesting it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back