Training 2023 Preseason + training discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Todays game will be more like the real thing. Closer to real pressure football than last week. I thought that last week only Darcy was physical for the entire game. He was attacking the ball and the player with the ball all day.
Today will test some of the younger boys that need testing. Amiss, Sturt, and a few others.
Sadly not going to be there, but will be watching on TV.

Todays game will be more like the real thing. Closer to real pressure football than last week. I thought that last week only Darcy was physical for the entire game. He was attacking the ball and the player with the ball all day.
Today will test some of the younger boys that need testing. Amiss, Sturt, and a few others.
We don't want injuries and if Port are contending I doubt they do as well. But yes I do want to see some better defensive work though.

Just my opinion and I'm far from an expert so take it with a pinch of salt

From what I've seen with skill execution and ball movement plus player awareness from attacking to defensive pressure accross all lines, we have what it takes for top 4.

There is no way JLO wants his players injuring themselves anymore than who already are in a rush for round 1 plus revealing their game plan.

You may see some of the execution of it or ge may just want to have them running in 2nd gear. Last week Freo put the handbrake on after quarter time.

Hopefully Sturt plays well. My opinion only but I think he will come out if Freddy is good to go.

They may take a few weeks to find the right forward mix between smalls, mediums and talls. If Darcy/Jackson are i50 quite a bit along with Fyfe and Tabs, might find a better mix involves Sturt as opposed to Amiss/Treacy. Time will tell.

Hopefully Sturt plays well. My opinion only but I think he will come out if Freddy is good to go.

They may take a few weeks to find the right forward mix between smalls, mediums and talls. If Darcy/Jackson are i50 quite a bit along with Fyfe and Tabs, might find a better mix involves Sturt as opposed to Amiss/Treacy. Time will tell.
I reckon our forwards, mids and wings will be even more interchangeable than previous years. Stuart, NOD, Freddie and Henry playing a mix of wing and forward line. JOM, Fyfe, Switta and even son son coming in from the forward line as the 3rd midfielder to support Brayshaw, Serong and Brodie/Erasmus/Aish/Johnson.

reckon we can carry 3 mid/forwards on our bench

bummer for Jaeger, if he doesn't get up I wonder if we roll the dice on a Matty Johnson debut?! :think:

bummer for Jaeger, if he doesn't get up I wonder if we roll the dice on a Matty Johnson debut?! :think:
I am very hopeful of Jaeger getting up for the first game, not assisted off the ground and able to return to the ground for less strenuous training. Papers are going to comment on everything leading into the first week of games.

I am very hopeful of Jaeger getting up for the first game, not assisted off the ground and able to return to the ground for less strenuous training. Papers are going to comment on everything leading into the first week of games.
hope so, he's had a promising pre-season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All this talk about the undead is ignoring an even more blatant plot hole.

Why didn't they just hitch a ride with those giant eagles instead of walking half way across middle earth!?
Just saw this one so a bit late on it.

Ok the entire point of the mission is secrecy. Generally speaking jumping on an Eagle and flying to Mordor isn't very secretive. They could see that coming a mile away and could have stopped them easily. Remember those guys called Ringwraiths who fly on snake-dragon things and can sense the ring. They would probably notice that coming right? The only reason in the end they didn't notice the eagles was because Aragon tricked Sauron into thinking he had the ring using the palantir. So Sauron was entirely fixated on what he assumed was a new ringlord coming to challenge him at the head of a massive army.

I can not stress enough how much you need to look at these two threads - do it now or you'll miss out

Should we ressurect this thread again?
Pretend the last 2 weeks never happened 😂😂
As I have said many times before - the best time of year to be a Fremantle supporter is January-February.

Well whatever the feck they trained all summer and pre season has essentially gone out the window /gone to water in the first 8 quarters of the year , that’s how easily our tactics have been dismissed .
Have absolutely no confidence whatsoever ever in this coaching group to rectify the situation eithet

Well whatever the feck they trained all summer and pre season has essentially gone out the window /gone to water in the first 8 quarters of the year , that’s how easily our tactics have been dismissed .
Have absolutely no confidence whatsoever ever in this coaching group to rectify the situation eithet
I think we trained transition but now we're aren't winning the ball. Transition still isn't great, although most of it has to start from the backline now

As I have said many times before - the best time of year to be a Fremantle supporter is January-February.
Briefly stuck my head in here in Feb and was castigated by a couple of posters high on delusion for not being positive enough! I wouldn’t mind I was fully expecting we would be top 6 at least.
It’ll be the same again next year I’m sure, we never learn 😂

I’m pretty sure our forwards trained how to stand still and wave their hands in the air, then we have an option play - kick to a tall who looks like they couldn’t put two hands together to clap let alone catch a ball, or long to a small in the pocket, but the trick is to take long enough that the whole opposing side has time to get back into d50, do their hair and then casually position themselves near one of our hand waving tall forwards.

Briefly stuck my head in here in Feb and was castigated by a couple of posters high on delusion for not being positive enough! I wouldn’t mind I was fully expecting we would be top 6 at least.
It’ll be the same again next year I’m sure, we never learn 😂
Was that this year or last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back