2023 ICC Men's Cricket World Cup Game 47 Second Semi Final South Africa v Australia 16/11 1900hrs @ Eden Gardens

Remove this Banner Ad

It's been happening all tournament. Makes no sense when he's often been out most economical. Can't bowl at the death? Fine get him another over with his opening spell and another during the middle overs
Yeah I assumed he would come back on last night. If not, he should have just bowled out in that second spell. He is bowling beautifully at the moment

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who gives a s**t
This board seemed to give a s**t when Australia were struggling to get to 200 at the start of the WC

No different to scoring it in 28 though. Same result.
Agree, I'm going at effectiveness and intent. Was it worth taking it that deep with only 3 wickets in hand

This board seemed to give a s**t when Australia were struggling to get to 200 at the start of the WC

Agree, I'm going at effectiveness and intent. Was it worth taking it that deep with only 3 wickets in hand
Yes because it got them the win. How is winning it in 28 overs worth anymore?

You guys nearly did a south africa, glad you got through to make the casual fans somewhat interested in the buildup to the match. India deservedly heavy favs.

Time to swap my South Africa shirt for an India shirt, hopefully we can get some revenge for the 2003 WC final.

I've got faith in RohitSharma, King Kohli and the rest of our guys that we can knock off you Aussies in the final.

And if not, just make one final shirt swap and celebrate winning another world cup with the rest of us.

Can't lose

You guys nearly did a south africa, glad you got through to make the casual fans somewhat interested in the buildup to the match. India deservedly heavy favs.

We tried to out choke South Africa unfortunately QDK showed why South Africa are still the masters at it!

Can we enjoy the win before the negativity comes out?
The last time we won a World Cup final (2021) most of the discussion on this board in the immediate aftermath was who should replace Starc in the side. I wouldn't count on it.

Australians don't really celebrate when their team wins. We look at it like a reality game show where we want our favourite characters to stick around and all the enjoyment comes from deciding which characters should be voted out.

Call me skeptical, but India gets an extra day of recovery and remains on the same side of the country where the Final will be played after playing on a feather bed. Meanwhile, Australia goes to the opposite side of India and play on a pitch the Sirāj al-Dawlah the Nawab of Bengal would've been proud of. 17 wickets fell for 427 runs in what has been a high scoring batting tournament. Australia dug themselves out of a black hole in this semi final, but i like their chances in the final!

Finally Starc got conditions to suit swing bowling. If he gets any kind of sniff of swing on Sunday can see him knocking Sharma over early.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back