List Mgmt. 2023 National Draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

With Anton, he wasn't able to extend his medical degree any longer, so dont think anyone held going back against him. Keane though left and didn't come back, home sick. Covid didn't help not being able to see his family.
Anton was much more passionate about medicine than footy so not hard to see why he chose that.

Collingwood's done well to keep Cox in Australia for what will be a decade next year.

On an interesting note, two in our premiership were born outside Australia. Oleg in Belarus and Cox in the US. Jiath was born in Ethiopia to South Sudanese parents.

Anton was much more passionate about medicine than footy so not hard to see why he chose that.

Collingwood's done well to keep Cox in Australia for what will be a decade next year.

On an interesting note, two in our premiership were born outside Australia. Oleg in Belarus and Cox in the US. Jiath was born in Ethiopia to South Sudanese parents.
Yeah I'm definitely not begruding Anton. I mean medicine and being a doctor is huge. Hopefully he is going well.

yeah they re-signed him for 2 years. I think he played for the rest of the year? Guess he is doing something right. Good luck to him.
Yes, looked it up after I posted. He played the last 5 games & did pretty well going by the stats. I don't even remember the Crows last 3-4 games, lol.

He debuted with Jack Ginnivan I think. What a difference in careers!
Thats right, they sure did. Anton's only game. Jack played out the rest of the season.
I don't think Anton did very well, did he? I can't even recall, it was behind closed doors.

Thats right, they sure did. Anton's only game. Jack played out the rest of the season.
I don't think Anton did very well, did he? I can't even recall, it was behind closed doors.
I recall. He didn't do very well. He is a much better doctor. I hope, anyway.

I think it was an admirable effort given the circumstances but he played as expected for our team in 2021. Nine touches for the day, 29 AFL fantasy. We showed up for half a game, then left.

On another note, Fin played really well in that game (21 disposals), as did Henry and Ruscoe. I think people forget Fin has actually shown some brief glimpses at AFL, even if it was a while ago. He'll be ready to break into the squad in 2024.

I think it was an admirable effort given the circumstances but he played as expected for our team in 2021. Nine touches for the day, 29 AFL fantasy. We showed up for half a game, then left.

On another note, Fin played really well in that game (21 disposals), as did Henry and Ruscoe. I think people forget Fin has actually shown some brief glimpses at AFL, even if it was a while ago. He'll be ready to break into the squad in 2024.
agree re: fin.
And that was when he was being played forward.
Reckon he looks at most comfortable as ive seen him now in his sub game. Give him some games in a row and he'll do well. He is ready, but needs the opportunity to show it.

I'm sick of it tbh. I know, I know, i know they "don't take up a list spot" yes, while being a cat B, however they can't stay there forever and have to be put on the senior or rookie list at some point. That's a spot of a kid who has played all their life, not some convert.

Leave them to their amateur game, They just piss off back there when they get homesick anyway. The game ain't going global and i'm happy for it.

Before I get a "What about mason cox?" that probably will never happen again, all though I love the man and also love he jumped at coming a citizen first chance he got.
If a kid who’s played all their life can’t get a spot on a list over a convert who’s spent a couple of years on a cat B list then they probably don’t deserve to be on an AFL list anyway.

That’s a pretty xenophobic attitude you’ve got tbh.

To help out the BF family

xenophobia meaning:

“dislike of or prejudice against people from other countries”
I love Irish people, but don't like when clubs go out of their way to try and make them afl footballers when we have more than enough of them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had the Roos picked Curtain over Durrsma there was a feeling that Watson would have slid to about 10. If that was the case we were ready to deal with Geelong for their pick.
That's quite the imagination, Watson wasn't getting to 10 but say he did, l'm curious to know the framework of this Geel/Coll trade after they were 'ready to deal'.

How many Irish AFL players have we got? How many of the footballers in Australia are Cat B rookie eligible?
Cat B is only temporary of course. My point is purely based on the AFL will never be global and the only reason irish come over here to try and become footballers is to get (paid compared to their amateur game). Don't need them. Just my opinion, anyway and most likely collingwoods too after the wastes of time our last two were

Cat B is only temporary of course. My point is purely based on the AFL will never be global and the only reason irish come over here to try and become footballers is to get (paid compared to their amateur game). Don't need them. Just my opinion, anyway and most likely collingwoods too after the wastes of time our last two were
We could defect to the amateurs so we don't have any players who want to get paid.

Cat B is 3 years so hardly temporary. We even extended Wilson this year beyond his initial 3 years.

Yeah I'm definitely not begruding Anton. I mean medicine and being a doctor is huge. Hopefully he is going well.

At 200cm tall he would be a pretty huge doctor.

Sarah Rowe says dia dhuit.

He was passionate about footy too, his VFL goal celebrations are legendary but there was only one problem, he couldn't play! Whenever something remotely physical was required he shirked it, don't make it sound like he had a choice, footy was never going to work out for him.

He was passionate about footy too, his VFL goal celebrations are legendary but there was only one problem, he couldn't play! Whenever something remotely physical was required he shirked it, don't make it sound like he had a choice, footy was never going to work out for him.
to be fair Anton improved heaps. I cant recell a worse first year from anyone,just looked terrible..but by the last year he had become a half decent VFL quality defender. But agree lacked physicaillity and thats fatal in a tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back