Preview 2023 Prelim Final - Collingwood vs GWS Giants, Friday 22 September, 7.50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, looks amazing. Definitely a day to remember, that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing. :D

we’re in those photos somewhere - it was indeed a day to remember (up until quarter time). The feeling in the crowd was just awesome. The march down to the ground all together is something I’ll never forget.

Wow, looks amazing. Definitely a day to remember, that's for sure.

Thanks for sharing. :D

If we make it my advice is don’t miss it. Even though I have always been a Freo supporter from where I grew up, I started supporting this club in 2012 when I moved to sydney and still wanted to go to live games. I didn’t really like the swans that much so I jumped on the new team. And have been a member ever since.

Freo is a great club, but the access and the passion that is in the supporter base of the giants is a really special thing to be a part of: I guess it’s a smaller supporter base so the club can go a little bit more personal…. But they “don’t have to”.

I never forget taking my then 4 year old to her first game. And we went to giants HQ to the team store to buy her some gear. While she was trying some stuff on, Leon Cameron walked through to leave the building. He was in deep conversation with someone. He saw my daughter in the shop and excused himself from the person he was talking to, walked over and spent a good 10 mins chatting with Autumn, and giving her high fives. She has never forgotten it.

My advice is if we make it don’t miss it, because the club will make sure it’s an experience you will never forget.

And the first beer will be on me

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

we’re in those photos somewhere - it was indeed a day to remember (up until quarter time). The feeling in the crowd was just awesome. The march down to the ground all together is something I’ll never forget.
I was there too! Never been so proud to be a Giants supporter than during the march. Just about every Giants fan in the 'G that day joined in. Couldn't see myself in the pics though (and I can't find the pics that I took).

Just got the email too - priority 1 is open between 8 am-12 pm on Wednesday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we make it my advice is don’t miss it. Even though I have always been a Freo supporter from where I grew up, I started supporting this club in 2012 when I moved to sydney and still wanted to go to live games. I didn’t really like the swans that much so I jumped on the new team. And have been a member ever since.

Freo is a great club, but the access and the passion that is in the supporter base of the giants is a really special thing to be a part of: I guess it’s a smaller supporter base so the club can go a little bit more personal…. But they “don’t have to”.

I never forget taking my then 4 year old to her first game. And we went to giants HQ to the team store to buy her some gear. While she was trying some stuff on, Leon Cameron walked through to leave the building. He was in deep conversation with someone. He saw my daughter in the shop and excused himself from the person he was talking to, walked over and spent a good 10 mins chatting with Autumn, and giving her high fives. She has never forgotten it.

My advice is if we make it don’t miss it, because the club will make sure it’s an experience you will never forget.

And the first beer will be on me

Thank you for sharing such a heartening story! Much appreciated. :)

I definitely won't be missing it, this club in such a short time since I joined has had a pretty positive impact on me and there are things (never surrendering, seeing how far they've come in such a short period of time since mid year etc), I take from it which I use to fuel my day to day. The club is an inspiration.

My mate also, he does not post here but we both speak of this club in the highest regard and the impact it has had on us. Especially after covid turned me into somewhat of an introvert - going out to games etc has really helped counter being an introvert and I am much more outgoing.

One of the best things I ever did was after the Sydney derby in April was take the plunge to become a member of my first ever club.

Thank you for sharing such a heartening story! Much appreciated. :)

I definitely won't be missing it, this club in such a short time since I joined has had a pretty positive impact on me and there are things (never surrendering, seeing how far they've come in such a short period of time since mid year etc), I take from it which I use to fuel my day to day. The club is an inspiration.

My mate also, he does not post here but we both speak of this club in the highest regard and the impact it has had on us. Especially after covid turned me into somewhat of an introvert - going out to games etc has really helped counter being an introvert and I am much more outgoing.

One of the best things I ever did was after the Sydney derby in April was take the plunge to become a member of my first ever club.

Well done.

Look forward to sharing a beer with you grand final day

Their preview and board make interesting reading.

The consensus seems to be they have three main advantages:
  • 15 days rest for them versus 6 for us
  • more practice at the "tsunami" game style
  • pressure, and our perceived susceptibility to it
That said, a fair few would have preferred to play Port.

The rest is certainly fair and is a definite advantage not only them getting a full extra week off but the fact we're coming into it off a short week makes it a big advantage. The other 2 meh, not too worried about that, think we've proven that we can play our style just fine.

I think the extra rest is good if you have injured players or sore players that need a rest but that doesn’t really apply to us.

Since the pre finals bye the team with the week off prior to prelim are running at 50% win rate. Real chance they are slow out of the blocks and that could the game

For those that haven't done the ballot before, check the ticket prices before you do it and pick the price that suits you, there is no opportunity to change it before they bill your card if we get through.

Actually I forgot how this works, so you can't choose your ticket category, only choose yes/no to a standing room ticket. Last time I got a cat 1 ticket, good seat, centre wing few rows back from the fence, but not cheap. Cat 1 this year is nearly $450. They just randomly decide what seat category to give you then bill your card.

There's quite a history now of teams who won the qualifying final losing the prelim after the introduction of the pre-finals bye - playing just one game in almost a month could be having an impact. So I'm not convinced that's actually a positive for them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back