Half-forwards:Jack MartinCharlie CurnowSam Docherty
Forwards:Matthew OwiesHarry McKayTom De Koning
Followers:Marc PittonetAdam CerraEd Curnow
Interchange:Matthew CottrellMatthew KennedyJesse Motlop
Lewis Young
Emergencies:Lachie CowanPaddy DowLachie Fogarty
Jack Silvagni

Last edited:
Anyone watch the Dow highlights at the end of the Cunners highlights Vid? Worth a look for anyone who thinks he‘s not worth a shot.

Actually just worth a look tbh.
The Dow handball that is part of the chain that ends up with Charlie kicking the goal is next level.
He literally hits an instant checkside handball to keep the ball moving forward, when u watch it back u realize how effortless he does it & how difficult it is to pull it off that well.

The Dow handball that is part of the chain that ends up with Charlie kicking the goal is next level.
He literally hits an instant checkside handball to keep the ball moving forward, when u watch it back u realize how effortless he does it & how difficult it is to pull it off that well.

His ability to release via handball at a stoppage along with his burst from a stoppage really has me scratching my head as to why he isn't playing seniors.
Both of these skills are as good as and/or better than any other mid currently in the team.

He also got forward and kicked goals, laid tackles that stuck, took contested and uncontested marks and hit targets inside 50, particularly Harry and Jsos and was even dropping back into defensive holes to stop opposition forward forays.

And as has been mentioned by many is no worse defensively than our current mids. Would love to know Voss's mindset for not selecting him because he seems too wedded to his bulls which is interesting in itself. When he played they weren't all bulls in the middle, Aker was probably closs to Dow in terms of what he brought to the mid mix at Brissy.

I think Martin is a much better option than Fisher or Motlop I have the same view on Cunningham but I expect we will have to wait till after the bye to see them on field. What I like about Martin is that he can take a contested mark in teh forward line and his tackles stick - same for Cuningham who is a class above any of teh other smaller forward options we have.

If I may be so bold as an outsider.

To me the connectivity issue comes from only having two capable marking targets forward in Curnow and Mackay.

It sticks out to me that a Fritsch, Gunston, Elliot type is missing. That medium/tall that provides a genuine third option.

Silvagni could be that but isn't consistently effective.

Jack Martin has the capabilities but is coming back.

It's worth considering throwing Mitch McGovern back to the role he played effectively as a Crow? He can mark, he can kick goals and he will be dangerous enough to ensure the other two big dogs don't get double teamed.
The problem with the potential McGovern forward swing is he has completely lost his hands. He fumbles more free marks than anyone in the side atm. Not sure whats happened to him but he legitimately looks like he needs to gets his eyes fixed. God help us if he has someone actually trying to spoil him when he tries to mark it.

If Dow gets picked for Sunday’s game, imo they need to play him a little differently around the stoppage. I noticed at a few centre bounces last week they had him starting from the offensive side and running towards our defensive side. Utilise his strength, start him back on the defensive side of the contest bursting through the stoppage out the offensive side. That’s where I feel we would best maximise his strength

His strength is his hands no doubt. Brilliant. Imagine if he can get some confidence.

Got nothing to do with his injuries (although, yes body is shot, another reason he is useless), when he does play he does SFA. How many good games has he played? maybe 1 a year at best....

Thank christ Voss didnt bring him straight back in after his latest calf setback. Usually they bring him straight back in as though he is the best player in the comp and stinks it up.

As a big money recruit, he has been terrible. Same as Gov. hence the 'beyond useless' tag.

Martin is Harry Houdini. How a player with so much talent could hide himself on a football field for 120 minutes is beyond me. The master of the disappearing act.

Sorry to be a noob, but where’s the video?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back