VFL 2023 - Reserves Game Day discussion Rnds 1 - 22 (Merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Binns probably the most encouraging.

Lowlights from that quarter were TDK winning a ruck contest and then kicking it 50 metres backwards to the goal square, leading to a goal. Crocker missing a goal on the rebound from about 10 metres out in space. And did I mention the umpiring?

Absolutely awful umpiring. Every time the ball got next to the opposition forward 50, the umpires contrived to give them a free and a shot at goal. Obviously it hasn't trickled down yet to this level, that players dropping to their knees should preclude them getting a 'too high' free.
how do you think it would be umpiring today?

Mirkov seems to have one position he wants to tap out to, namely out the back and into the corridor. Not sure that's a great idea when you're kicking against a 5 goal breeze.

Binns probably the most encouraging.

Lowlights from that quarter were TDK winning a ruck contest and then kicking it 50 metres backwards to the goal square, leading to a goal. Crocker missing a goal on the rebound from about 10 metres out in space. And did I mention the umpiring?
it's important you document our flaws as well as you do............kicking with the wind this quarter so be hyper vigilant that something positive may occur - hate you to miss it........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know we want to give time to our senior listed players. But having Lemmey plus a ruckman resting forward isn't going to work in these conditions.

Binns looks strong, I like Honey more involved in play than stuck in a one-dimensional forward pocket defensive role. That wind is obviously 2-4 goals today - I'm glad I'm not playing in a comp down at teh National brrrr

Binns is getting close to a call-up. Cowan looks a bit overawed, needs more experience. It's only early, and i know talls take longer to adjust, but Lemmey and O'keefe struggling at this level.
I watch VFL and it is pretty obvious that players 'look' for their mates a lot of ignoring options goes on - a bit too much of that stuff going on in AFL team as well.

Binns looks strong, I like Honey more involved in play than stuck in a one-dimensional forward pocket defensive role. That wind is obviously 2-4 goals today - I'm glad I'm not playing in a comp down at teh National brrrr
any footy ground with a container ship floating by in the background has got my vote........

If match committee consider form when picking the side (they don't) then Binns and Dow deserve a look.

If our midfield gets flogged by the Pies today then Dow has to come in.

If Ronke was AFL listed I would give him a crack too given the poor form of our smalls (excl. Owies).

Honey nowhere near it, 7 touches probably all clangers. Fog trying hard but not AFL standard. Marchbank done a few OK things but needs a month at this level.

Fisher not interested, should have stayed home. Career at crossroads IMO.

I thought Dow and TDK were outstanding in that first half. The kick the wrong way was a beautiful piece of play from Tom. Shame about the whole wrong direction thing but we take the positive.

Don't know how we justify / accept the treatment of Dow by this club. Right now if we only had only 22 players fit and he was one of them we'd probably opt to play the game with 21. There is no question he is the best player on the ground right now. Really smart damaging possessions too - and he does it every week.

We can't try him on a back flank or forward pocket? Weve totally written off a player and left him to rot.

classic bennet comment on boyd, a fringe player "he'll add some precision and speed in the back half" - seriously knows his stuff - yet bt continues to induce projectile vomiting from a large sector of the footy watching public.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back