Captains 2023 Round 6 VC / Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Trying to decide between VC Bont and VC English. Anyone got any solid arguments for/against either of them?

Trying to decide between VC Bont and VC English. Anyone got any solid arguments for/against either of them?
I'm going English. Reckon Aish sits on Bont, and he's decently effective in that role. English hasn't went under 134 this year, including the game against Gawn and Grundy, who are superior to Darcy and Jackson.

Only issue with Dogs players is that they're coming off a six-day break after playing in the wet. May be a bit sluggish tonight

I'm going English. Reckon Aish sits on Bont, and he's decently effective in that role. English hasn't went under 134 this year, including the game against Gawn and Grundy, who are superior to Darcy and Jackson.

Only issue with Dogs players is that they're coming off a six-day break after playing in the wet. May be a bit sluggish tonight
I reckon Aish tags Libba.

Wondering about a sneaky VC on Rozee vs WC this week. Port are going to put 100 points on them.

I reckon Aish tags Libba.

Wondering about a sneaky VC on Rozee vs WC this week. Port are going to put 100 points on them.
It's an interesting idea – who would be your fall-back? You don't have Clarry, yeah?

My concern with Rozee is that he's just been plodding along this year, only the one ton in five games. But you're right, if he was to pull out a big one, it'd be this week.

It's an interesting idea – who would be your fall-back? You don't have Clarry, yeah?

My concern with Rozee is that he's just been plodding along this year, only the one ton in five games. But you're right, if he was to pull out a big one, it'd be this week.
I'll probably chicken out. Yeah no Oliver

It's either English/Laird or Dawson/Daicos most likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Although English's form against Freo aint great, and neither are ruck scores generally v Freo this year, he is red hot, scored 160 at Optus last year (albeit against the Eagles) and I rest assured I'll have Clarry to fall back on as C.

Dawson to come back to earth a bit this week methinks so no VC for him.

See ruck stats v Freo

Average of 25-30 sc points below average

All roads lead to Bont

He's a great captain option, hard to see him going under 100 so very safe.

He has been my captain 3 times already this year after VC has failed and got a great score each time:thumbsu:

Bont into someone, Clarry news has me concerned. Probably either Jelly or Naicos

Yes Bont is due for a BIG score it would be nice to have a great VC score after the 1st game for once this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back