Game Day 2023 Round 9 Discussion - Happy Mothers Day !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WW priest.jpg
giphy.gif

You know when the game is passing you by ....when events that happen in-game, have you completely bamboozled
I'm but a simple boy (am I allowed to say that) ....I love going to the footy seeing the contest of man v man ....free from all life's struggles during the week, a chance to clear the head & let off some steam

I used to know all the rules, they were pretty straight forward ......yes we argued over the calls, humans make, but we weren't confused

I am confused now ....I have no idea !

What are they doing to our game ?....politicising it, using vague rule interpretations to send messages & to be seen as socially responsible .....all whilst still continuing to bombard our kids with ever-increasing gambling adds

They are prepared to stain the career of a young Rookie, to send those messages ..... the conspiracist in me suggests JVR will get off, the AFL knowing this too ....but the AFL is happy to have a week of media controversy & endless discussion .... to raise awareness around head contact, and using a young lad as the weapon

3238.jpg
boo-boo-this-man.gif

At least I can settle back, and if not enjoy the game as much anymore .....at least enjoy the Fantasy Sports aspect

WOW an interesting part of the season .....Byes are upon us, Rookies (good) have disappeared, and trades are dwindling

Coaches have never been as big a campaigners as this year .....changing our premo roles .....one minute Serong is the taste of our world, next minute Brayshaw is
One minute Darcy is rucking 80% .....then the Coach puts Jackson at the forefront

And keeping up with the changes in CBA setups is a nightmare ......damn you Setterfield !

Is it fair, the biggest player spikes occur, for the teams playing WCE and NORTH .....congratulations this week for the owners of Gold Coast & Port players .....Rozee will have a massive score, Anderson will have to have an amputation, after massive over-use .....even my boy JHF could seek retribution on his old club .....the boo's will be glorious

Captain options this week are pretty simple .....although choosing the biggest might test us :

Taranto ....against a Dangerless GEEL
Anderson ....against ? from WCE
Rozee .....against NORTH
Piggy .....against HAW (or anyone for that matter)
Dunkley ...against ESS (is he back permanently, or was he just visiting?)
Dawson ....against SAINTS

And finally ....for us Coaches who have the misfortune to still own LDU .....

Upset Ugliness.gif

Have a good week everyone !

I hate no Thursday night footy, the break between Sunday night - Friday night feels like an eternity.
How quickly have we become accustomed to THURS Footy .....much better than Mon night footy

Richmond playing the first game of the round sucks if Marshall is a late out on Sunday.

Won't be able to move Samson to R2.

If Marshall does not play, I will cop a donut.

thought Saints cleared him the other day?

The AFL once again have stuffed up the scheduling.

With the games on Friday night, why wouldn't you start the Richmond v Geelong game at 6.30pm Melbourne time and then start the West Coast v Gold Coast game at 9pm Melbourne time (which is 7pm Perth time) so that they don't overlap.

Amateurs!

If Marshall misses as a late out i'll heavily consider trading him to Riley O'Brien to avoid the donut, then adjust to Gawn or back to Marshall the following weel. I guess that's the benefit of having 21 trades and 3 boots left come 1pm on Sunday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond playing the first game of the round sucks if Marshall is a late out on Sunday.

Won't be able to move Samson to R2.

If Marshall does not play, I will cop a donut.
Thankfully I have one of Ratugolea or Ryan at R3 to cover for a Marshall late OUT.

Thinking this week Rat on field up Forward and Ryan at R3.
1683769411914.png

Thankfully I have one of Ratugolea or Ryan at R3 to cover for a Marshall late OUT.

View attachment 1684114

the way we kick the ball into our forward line, Rat and Stewart are going to have a field day.

View attachment 1684114
The mighty Samson will outscore the Rat, SP Pedlar and Simpson combined :cool:

Got a text from Fight MND that the beanies are on sale again. Time to get the Fight MND comp thread up soon WaynesWorld19

A positive post here... it is nice to see Gold Coast playing on a Friday night...

... even if it f**ks up my loops with Atkins, Constable and UWLAND :mad:
Seems weird to have two games on Friday night. Why not one on Thursday night?

And is it really two games on Sunday because it's Mothers Day?

Seems weird to have two games on Friday night. Why not one on Thursday night?

And is it really two games on Sunday because it's Mothers Day?

The AFL is an absolute mess right now. Fixturing, rule changes, suspending kents, criticising fans for booing players.

But I don't mind the double header Friday night, as long as they don't overlap...

... oh wait :mad:

The AFL is an absolute mess right now. Fixturing, rule changes, suspending kents, criticising fans for booing players.

But I don't mind the double header Friday night, as long as they don't overlap...

... oh wait :mad:
Aren't they worried the Buddy stuff is racist like the Goodes booing?

Or am I gas-lighting someone suggesting that? This/they stuff confuses me. Everyone should just not be dicks imo.

The AFL once again have stuffed up the scheduling.

With the games on Friday night, why wouldn't you start the Richmond v Geelong game at 6.30pm Melbourne time and then start the West Coast v Gold Coast game at 9pm Melbourne time (which is 7pm Perth time) so that they don't overlap.

Amateurs!
You can guaran-damn-tee that the broadcasters have gamed this from every angle and have concluded the resulting times will maximise eyeballs on the coverage despite the overlap.

Sucks for the footy purists like us, who like to watch every second of every game, and who certainly haven't missed any moments due to constantly checking Supercoach scores on our phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back