Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I've got Hayward marked down as pretty much ours right now.
It's who else we get I reckon.

Perryman?
McCluggage?
Oliver?
Close your eyes for a moment and imagine in 2 years time Goodwin being announced as the new head coach and low and behold Oliver and Petty are in crows colours as well.....
mr bean dreaming GIF

Ludicrous that Isaac Cumming isn’t being mentioned - should be a far higher priority this year than anyone on that list other than McCluggage.

Smith cooked, Milera’s career up in the air, Chayce can’t get the ball, Sholl a potential delistee with no kicking penetration, no speed and, no ability to evade tackles and no tackling ability, Parnell a certain delistee, Hamill a virtual certain delistee - it’s almost like we need a speedy and attacking half back flanker / wingman with a beast of a kick!
No need to get cumming. Smith about to trigger a contract extension apparently. Yay list management

Port have no draft capital to offer suns for Luko this year..

Always makes you wonder how much you can even trust the word coming straight from a players family’s mouth..

Someone put a rumour up years ago about how Rankine would go to port if he ever left the Suns and would never come to the crows.. said that members of Rankine’s own family told him so at a dinner they were with him at..

Turns out it was complete bullshit of course as Rankine himself aparently rejected outright any offers from port.. told them he’d never ever play for them.. just before he asked for a trade to the crows..

Why as a parent would you give out information about your sons contract intentions to anyone.. its stupid.. you instantly reduce your son and his managers powers of negotiation…

If port heard rumours that Luko’s dad said he’d never play for the crows and would go to port.. they arent exactly gonna do everything they can by paying full price are they..
Stop making Sense 😉

Reckon you're selling Adelaide a bit short there.

I live in Melb but travel alot to Sydney for work, Bondi is very trendy but very hustle bustle and traffic is horrendous. Even for AFL players it would cost them a fortune to get a decent place there.

Sydney has a good food scene and good corporate career opportunities (if thats the path they want to go down), but has alot of downsides as well.

Outside of being more in the spotlight and more noticed around town, nothing wrong with Adelaide. Its getting its act together with events and much more accessible to get around. Some great beaches in Adelaide too.

If you're a good AFL player im sure you would get looked after post footy in Adelaide too.
And not so good afl players too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How could the senior players be upset due to his treatment? Unless it's implying they're unhappy he's been in the 22? Hasn't really fired a shot this season. Played all bar one game and was a sub last week.
Been in the 22 then dropped before a trigger, media spin.

Although, I bet he is playing this week in the 22.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Some random texted into 5AA this afternoon and said Crows are heavily into Mcluggage... that's all the evidence I need to assume that he will be a Crow next year

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
This is who we need

Hayward, Luko, Petty, Perryman are all nice and shiny.

But a bona fide A grade mid will help more than all of those four.

Our bookends are pretty good.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My view for Hayward is that it allows us to avoid losing the forward power we currently do with taking out either Rankine or Rachele to rotate through the middle. With Hayward there we maintain two scary forwards at all times for the opposition to contend with, while injecting the much needed speed and creativity in the middle.

Tie that in with us getting the long overdue A+ midfielder in the form of a LDU or McCluggage and you have the cure for erectile dysfunction.

Luko's lack of competitive nature doesn't make him a good fit for Nicks (or Hardwick). Would give up a pick after 30 but no more and not even that if it meant jeopardising getting a quality mid through the door. He's on the move for sure though if he wants to play forward, you can't play in a Hardwick forward line with his level of pressure.

Hayward would be a great fit but might be harder to get through the door than we think. Restricted free agent, Longmire's favourite player and they're still dark on us for lowballing them on the Dawson trade (which the rest of the football industry thought was a fair deal at the time, turns out the Swans were right). Really hope we can get it done but they may match and we might have to give up pick(s) for him.

We could’ve taken Dawson for free, no one believes we low balled

I also wonder if "he's happy where he is" is the default answer family members give people who ask, no matter what

Just because even a throwaway comment here or there finds its way into public space very easily

They have no incentive to tell the truth, anything to get the annoying git away from you by telling them what they want to hear

Remove this Banner Ad

Back