Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

For me that would want me to get out of Sydney!

Just don't get the whole influencer thing... probably because I prefer to make up my own mind on matters.

However, if Hayward's partner is an influencer, she may end up influencing him to stay in Sydney to hang out with all the wannabes.
Isn't "influencer" just another way of spelling "oxygen thief"?

You think Sydney were happy with the trade? Were you asleep during that trade period?

Just because you think something, doesn't mean it's right.

Lol. It’s raining nuffies today, did someone leave the gate open?

I’ll give you a hint, I don’t just “think” we had pick 1 in the preseason draft, and I don’t just “think” that had a material effect on negotiating leverage

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. It’s raining nuffies today, did someone leave the gate open?

I’ll give you a hint doofus, I don’t just “think” we had pick 1 in the preseason draft, and I don’t just “think” that had a material effect on negotiating leverage

Maybe if you knew the rules you’d look less foolish? Ok maybe not
We got Dawson in the 2021 off-season, not 2020. We did not have pick 1, and there was a legitimate chance that North or Gold Coast* could've poached him that way.

There are Sydney fans that claim that goalpost gate was retribution for being 'stolen from'. Now those are some nuffies worth taking aim at.

We got Dawson in the 2021 off-season, not 2020. We did not have pick 1, and there was a legitimate chance that North or Gold Coast* could've poached him that way.

There are Sydney fans that claim that goalpost gate was retribution for being 'stolen from'. Now those are some nuffies worth taking aim at.

Well there you go, I’ve caught nuffieitis myself! Shame on me

We had pick 4

That said, fact remains that our position is why they were forced to accept an offer they did not want to.

Without that leverage, we may have had to concede.

Market value is a function of leverage, it does not exist in isolation

It's all good, the scepticism is understandable, and things certainly can change. The response has been pretty consistent though over the last couple of years. Big Rob is a pretty straight up and down sort of a bloke, so I have no doubt that when I asked him, that was the position. Also mentioned that the initial meeting with Hardwick was greeted with some doubts, but by the end of preseason the whole group had heavily bought in to Hardwicks style and expectations.
The Suns players - who've never made finals and finished 15th last year - were doubtful about triple premiership winning Damian Hardwick's plans?

Yeah cool.

Well there you go, I’ve caught nuffieitis myself! Shame on me

We had pick 4

That said, fact remains that our position is why they were forced to accept an offer they did not want to.

Without that leverage, we may have had to concede.

Market value is a function of leverage, it does not exist in isolation
No one except you is talking about 'leverage'. The point you disputed was that Sydney were upset at the trade saying "no one believes we low balled" - which you then dispute yourself with "they were forced to accept an offer they did not want to".

Maybe if you were more rigorous with your own opinions than you are with the opinions of others, you wouldn't look like such a fool all the time.

No one except you is talking about 'leverage'. The point you disputed was that Sydney were upset at the trade saying "no one believes we low balled" - which you then dispute yourself with "they were forced to accept an offer they did not want to".

Maybe if you were more rigorous with your own opinions than you are with the opinions of others, you wouldn't look like such a fool all the time.

I think you misunderstand. The presence of leverage is why it wasn't a low ball offer. If there was no leverage it would have been a low ball offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unsurprisingly, you don’t understand

They accepted the best offer they could get.

You can’t be low balled when the offer is the best offer on the market

No one made them accept the offer.

Funny how basic economics is now semantics.

There’s another description for a failure to understand simple principles

“No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.” - Mark Twain

So completely pointless discussing anything with you and your simple mind that thinks it's the opposite.

I'm out.

EDIT: and yes we all know that WetCrow 1991 is your ALT account. It's really sad to watch.

This is who we need

Hayward, Luko, Petty, Perryman are all nice and shiny.

But a bona fide A grade mid will help more than all of those four.

Our bookends are pretty good.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
McCLuggage - Number one on my wish list from the available/gettable/possible/dreaming column.

“No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot.” - Mark Twain

So completely pointless discussing anything with you and your simple mind that thinks it's the opposite.

I'm out.

Wow… that’s just embarrassing

EDIT: and yes we all know that WetCrow 1991 is your ALT account. It's really sad to watch.

Great edit Einstein 🤣🤣🤣🤣

How could the senior players be upset due to his treatment? Unless it's implying they're unhappy he's been in the 22? Hasn't really fired a shot this season. Played all bar one game and was a sub last week.
He's probably a close friend, and they probably think he's been doing everything he can for the team while battling injury.

Teammates don't have the same perspective about each other as people outside the club would.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back