Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 37!, 1 (busted) BIG FISH ALERT last October 9th) (9 confirmed! 17 Busted!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ben Hart might be available cheaply

Fascinating. Maybe you and Dr Who can put your vast clinical expertise together and let him know
I wouldn't expect you to take concussion seriously as your posting is like someone who had one concussion too many.

Hamill gets concussed way too easily & is approaching McCartin territory. Think he has had something like 8 concussion in the AFL now which is likely to impact on his long term health.

Very likely there are assistants at one club paid more than senior assistants at other clubs.

there is no equality in the coaching lay structures across the AFL, clubs can put certain values on roles as they see fit

in terms of Dew and Rutten it’s all about the role scope and does the role help them get back to a senior job

Both Dew and Rutten could have been offered the same cash as Burns but they want to be seen as the senior coaches right hand man

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wouldn't expect you to take concussion seriously as your posting is like someone who had one concussion too many.

Hamill gets concussed way too easily & is approaching McCartin territory. Think he has had something like 8 concussion in the AFL now which is likely to impact on his long term health.

Don’t you think that Hamill is getting proper advice? If you do, and they aren’t telling him to retire … why would you think anyone else would be in better place to give him that advice?

I don’t think it is saying that he should push through the concussion … more that he and his medical team would be all over it.

I wouldn't expect you to take concussion seriously as your posting is like someone who had one concussion too many..
I’m sure people who have a history of suffering concussions love it when others use that as a form of saying someone is stupid

Don’t you think that Hamill is getting proper advice? If you do, and they aren’t telling him to retire … why would you think anyone else would be in better place to give him that advice?

I don’t think it is saying that he should push through the concussion … more that he and his medical team would be all over it.
Would you be worried if you had numerous concussions & got concussed really easily with the slightest knock...

Sadly Hamill will have issues later in life, just a question now of how severe.

To be honest, I think this is a little disingenuous. Players will invariably try to continue to play against medical advice. With the growing evidence around CTE, there will come a time when, purely from a liability perspective, sport will be forced to withdraw registrations for players who have suffered multiple concussions.

Its a tricky one, he may be getting the advice of the day that he can play on but with the publicity this issue is getting more broadly and the effects that are being made known years down the track, for his own safety erring on the side of caution may save him a lot of pain further down the track. If i was him, i would retire personally..too much life to enjoy after footy

Ben Hart might be available cheaply
Reported.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always going to be difficult get top quality assistants to move when the alternative is staying at their current club or simply updating the GPS for a different route to work.

I really hope we find someone of quality because our forward line is obviously a huge strength, you don't give the keys to a Ferarri to someone on their L's, on top of that, Tex isn't getting any younger, so the job could get a lot harder too.

This is why I'm not in a hurry for there to be a midseason trade period, how would we convince someone from the city half of the clubs are located, if it's an us vs. any of them.

Last edited:
Andrew McQualter ?? - but he'd also want a senior assistant role

there is no equality in the coaching lay structures across the AFL, clubs can put certain values on roles as they see fit

in terms of Dew and Rutten it’s all about the role scope and does the role help them get back to a senior job

Both Dew and Rutten could have been offered the same cash as Burns but they want to be seen as the senior coaches right hand man

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
The bottom line is we have 20% of Nicks salary to top up our vacant assistant role... so the issue won't be money, it will be attracting them to Adelaide.

You would think managing the highest scoring forward line would be attractive...

I like that we are being aggressive with who we are chasing to replace Rahilly, but in reality we are very unlikely to get anyone of their caliber and experience to come over as an assistant if it is not a senior assistant role. Especially Dew, I am sure he will have offers for a senior assistant from a few clubs you would think.

I am hoping we are searching far and wide for replacements, I don't think it necessarily needs to be a big name, just someone that has worked in a successful system. Rahilly was hardly a household name when he came over but he has done really well with the forward line.

Mark Stone?

Experience​

Think I read somewhere he’s headed back to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back